2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Apparently Carcillo broke Matthieu Perreault's arm last night.

Yikes:

https://vine.co/v/OjeWBqrmlI0

This is a major problem in the league. All the negative focus is put on fighting and high checks when the biggest danger to the game is the small minority of players that go around trying to injure other players: Carcillo, Cooke, and Zac Rinaldo come to mind. All three of them should have been banned from the league years ago. They put other players' careers in jeopardy. It disgusts me that the NHL does not take serious action on these types of players often.

I remember a few years ago Rinaldo was throwing knees out at Devils players and the league did nothing. I forgot who it was but he went straight knee-to-knee (clearly purposely) on one of our players. No suspension, no fine, no phone call.

Edited by Neb00rs

This is a major problem in the league. All the negative focus is put on fighting and high checks when the biggest danger to the game is the small minority of players that go around trying to injure other players: Carcillo, Cooke, and Zac Rinaldo come to mind. All three of them should have been banned from the league years ago. They put other players' careers in jeopardy. It disgusts me that the NHL does not take serious action on these types of players often.

I remember a few years ago Rinaldo was throwing knees out at Devils players and the league did nothing. I forgot who it was but he went straight knee-to-knee (clearly purposely) on one of our players. No suspension, no fine, no phone call.

I don't know if I'd say that guys like that are a bigger issue than hits to the head, but either way, something like what Carcillo did where the intent to injure is clear should be punished harshly. I'm talking like 20 games for any offense where the person acted recklessly and with the intent to injure. If it happens a second or third time, then it should be an extra 10 games for each subsequent offense. That would take it out of the game quick. If Carcillo gets something like 5 or even just 10 games, it shows the league isn't serious.

Not sure if this is the instance you're talking about but I remember Rinaldo tried to slew-foot Parise, which led to Kovalchuk jumping in to fight but getting paired with Brayden Schenn, who he dropped in like 4-5 seconds. I think Rinaldo only got a $5,000 fine or something like that.

God I miss Kovalchuk.

Edited by DJ Eco

Not sure if this is the instance you're talking about but I remember Rinaldo tried to slew-foot Parise, which led to Kovalchuk jumping in to fight but getting paired with Brayden Schenn, who he dropped in like 4-5 seconds. I think Rinaldo only got a $5,000 fine or something like that.

I remember that too but no, I am referring to something else - he went knee to knee with someone.

Oh cool, the Bruins! They've never had a Winter Classic before! What an awesome idea. [emoji19] Edited by MadDog2020

Oh cool, the Bruins! They've never had a Winter Classic! What an awesome idea. [emoji19]

Montreal-Boston is an inconic rivalry that is fit for the Winter Classic billing. I'd hope that there are 1-2 other games that gives teams like Colorado, St Louis, Minnesota, and eventually Columbus a chance.

Edited by devilsrule33

Montreal-Boston is an inconic rivalry that is fit for the Winter Classic billing. I'd hope that there are 1-2 other games that gives teams like Colorado, St Louis, Minnesota, and eventually Columbus a game.

Then maybe they should've done it 5 years ago instead of Boston-Philly. It's old and tired using the same damn teams over and over at this point.

It's almost like they care about television ratings and that few people watch teams not their own.

Yeah it's almost as if the television ratings weren't the lowest in WC history this year with Washington and Chicago each playing in their 17th outdoor game... Oh wait, they were.

Boston-Montreal will do a big number. Even if the WC games are at all-time low, and by all-time low, we aren't talking about dramatic drops in viewership either, the matchups they are picking will still do better numbers than giving it to some new teams like Colorado-Minnesota, or St Louis-Minnesota.

Edited by devilsrule33

Boston-Montreal will do a big number. Even if the WC games are at all-time low, and by all-time low, we aren't talking about dramatic drops in viewership either, the matchups they are picking will still do better numbers than giving it to some new teams like Colorado-Minnesota, or St Louis-Minnesota.

Boston-Montreal will do a big number in Boston. It'll do a big number in Canada. It won't do a very big number anywhere else.