2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Bahahahaha Isles fans- YOU CANT BEAT US!!!! Love it. Serve it up to those a$$holes Isles fans.

And they had the audacity in the 1st period to launch a "Potvin Sucks" chant in the Isles home building. This chant is 36 years old btw and stemmed from a perfectly clean hit

I really, really, REALLY hope the Rags face the Isles in the first round.  That will take the wind out of those blowhards sails very quickly with a first round exit.

Seeing Kreider running Halak makes me wish Trevor Gillies still played on the Isles.  He just wouldn't give a fvck and punch Kreiders douchnozzle looking face in repeatedly.

A few weeks ago, I made a comment on here along the lines of, I don't think there's anything in the Rangers' way between them and another Stanley Cup Final. I think I made that comment before their last Isles-Rangers game.

Well, what do you know. Well here we are, ironically enough, I'd say the biggest roadblock between the Rangers and the Stanley Cup Final is going to be the Islanders, without a doubt. And it's a big one. I'd be terrified to face these guys in the playoffs. They can beat the Penguins, the Capitals, the Habs, the Bruins, the Rangers, anyone.

Edited by DJ Eco

A few weeks ago, I made a comment on here along the lines of, I don't think there's anything in the Rangers' way between them and another Stanley Cup Final. I think I made that comment before their last Isles-Rangers game.

Well, what do you know. Well here we are, ironically enough, I'd say the biggest roadblock between the Rangers and the Stanley Cup Final is going to be the Islanders, without a doubt. And it's a big one. I'd be terrified to face these guys in the playoffs. They can beat the Penguins, the Capitals, the Habs, the Bruins, the Rangers, anyone.

The Isles are for real this year I think. I'll be pulling for them come playoff time. That fan base has suffered a long time and a nice playoff run would be a nice way to close the coliseum

Rangers are not beating the Isles in the playoffs (as of now at least) Isles are faster, much tougher, and have depth. Too much of the Rags offense is Nash. When he starts slumping they're going to play a lot of games like they did last night

how are Islanders fans compared to Rangers fans around there?

Born and raised in NJ... Lived here my entire life... In my 35 years, I've met maybe two Islander fans here. You can count the number of Islander fans in Jersey on one hand. But the ones I have met are WAAAAAAAAY better to deal with than Rag fans. Devil and Isle fans have the common bond of absolutely despising everything about the Rangers, so I think that helps lol.

Be careful what you wish for, fellas, an Islanders Cup win will have the same effect on their fanbase as we see with Rangers fans now. They're of the same ilk, if you will, and I've already seen a bandwagon-effect on the fanbase, and a lot of really trashy aggressive Islanders fans popping up out of no where (in our building). 

If they win the Cup, you won't see a difference between Rangers or Islanders fans. A lot of most douchey Rangers fans are from Long Island; that same arrogance is already coming out now in their fanbase.

I'll maybe root for them to make the Finals, but I'd like it to end there, I'd like them to lose. Being the most recent Cup winner in the tristate area is the last thing we have to hang on to.

I really, really, REALLY hope the Rags face the Isles in the first round.  That will take the wind out of those blowhards sails very quickly with a first round exit.

Seeing Kreider running Halak makes me wish Trevor Gillies still played on the Isles.  He just wouldn't give a fvck and punch Kreiders douchnozzle looking face in repeatedly.

Martin is one of the toughest dudes , one punch from him and krieder would be in lindros dream land