GDT: Leafs at Devils, 7PM

dmann422

A win today means 13 out of the last 14 possible points, and an 8-2-2 record over the last 12.

God damnit.

I'm in the same boat.  I mean I won't ever be really pissed at a Devils win but I think it would be better for their future to be losing more games at this point than they are winning.

This team has been extremely lucky lately in their last 10-15 games.  They are due to fall back to Earth sooner rather than later.

With that said LGD

• Like 1

To be fair, besides the California trip, we have been playing some bad teams on our recent run. And LA is on some kind of crazy down slide. 

Yup, Philly and Buffalo back to back. Toronto, Florida (who are slipping), Ottawa, and Toronto tonight again. Easiest stretch of the season. Something would be REALLY wrong if we didn't come out with less than 1/2-3/4 of the points.

A win today means 13 out of the last 14 possible points, and an 8-2-2 record over the last 12.

God damnit.

and to think about 3-4 weeks ago there were some here claiming we are a worse team than buffalo.

Let's be honest a top 5 pick was always unlikely simply because we have a stud goalie. So everyone should adjust their expectations to be a bit more realistic for a pick anywhere in the 8-12 range, even if we sell off the likes of jagr, zidlicky, etc.

That way as long as you expect it, you can still cheer for this team to win.

and to think about 3-4 weeks ago there were some here claiming we are a worse team than buffalo.

Let's be honest a top 5 pick was always unlikely simply because we have a stud goalie. So everyone should adjust their expectations to be a bit more realistic for a pick anywhere in the 8-12 range, even if we sell off the likes of jagr, zidlicky, etc.

That way as long as you expect it, you can still cheer for this team to win.

I think 8-12 is a bit low for us. I don't think we're that good, especially if we sell off Jagr and Zids. I think we pick somewhere between 4-8. I really, really, really hope Strome is still available when we pick. If we're picking at #7 and it looks like Strome will be taken at 4-5, I'd seriously think about trading away a 3rd rd pick+Gelinas to move up a couple spots. I'd even trade a 2nd rd pick if we end up with an extra one.

Edited by ATLL765

I think 8-12 is a bit low for us. I don't think we're that good, especially if we sell off Jagr and Zids. I think we pick somewhere between 4-8. I really, really, really hope Strome is still available when we pick. If we're picking at #7 and it looks like Strome will be taken at 4-5, I'd seriously think about trading away a 3rd rd pick+Gelinas to move up a couple spots. I'd even trade a 2nd rd pick if we end up with an extra one.

you might be right. Just ran a few quick numbers and over he past 3 full seasons the average #4 pick had 76.3 points. Right now were on pace for about 79.

But just lining ourselves up against other bottom teams I think schnieder puts us over the top even with our anemic offense. I'll be happy with a top 5 pick but I'm not expecting one.