GDT - Devils vs Capitals 12/31/16

NJDfan1711

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The answer is simple. We gave too many sh!tty players so we have a sh!tty team. Yelling "FIRE HYNES" all day long isn't going to change things. As they say, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t. 

Coaches are important - you see Boudreau getting absolutely the same Minnesota team as last year fighting for 1st in the Western Conference as opposed to Mike Yeo having them being completely mediocre during his tenure.

Just now, PacificDevil said:

Coaches are important - you see Boudreau getting absolutely the same Minnesota team as last year fighting for 1st in the Western Conference as opposed to Mike Yeo having them being completely mediocre during his tenure.

I agree it CAN make a difference. But does our roster compare to Minnesota's? Not in my opinion. They made the playoffs last year. With barely fewer points than we had, but they made it. Plus our roster this year is worse than last year, surprising but true. 

3 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Nice funny, But Keep Hall and start again

Funny, my Drill instructor would say that everyday ! Deadwood always floats, lol

1 hour ago, Weekes Head said:

Moore on the IR with a concussion,  per Devils twitter. At least it wasn't worse. Hope he's feeling better soon. Scary play for sure. 

I'm so hoping the hockey heads are reviewing that play...........

Edited by Gunslinger27

8 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Funny, my Drill instructor would say that everyday ! Deadwood always floats, lol

I'm so hoping the hockey heads are reviewing that play...........

About as flagrant a hit from behind as you'll ever see. Wilson is a big strong guy and didn't have to hit him too hard in that position to ring his head off the glass, it was a heavy impact. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree it CAN make a difference. But does our roster compare to Minnesota's? Not in my opinion. They made the playoffs last year. With barely fewer points than we had, but they made it. Plus our roster this year is worse than last year, surprising but true. 

On paper our roster should have been better than last year - we are (were) all in agreement that Shero made moves that improve the team yet here we are last in the East

Edited by PacificDevil
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PacificDevil said:

On paper our roster should have been better than last year - we are (were) all in agreement that Shero made moves that improve the team yet here we are last in the East

We thought that was the case. It wasn't. 

9 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Don't you think he started out well and theN fell off as the defense git worse? 

I'd agree with that. Watching the highlights of recent games the positioning of the D has been shocking and they seem to be too slow getting to the puck too often. If Hynes had any hair he'd be pulling it out right now. How the hell has it deteriorated so badly from last season?

I really didn't think this game was that bad - well, the power play was bad, but that's theoretically fixable.  There were some mistakes by the coaches and certainly by the players, but there were also just a lot of bad bounces that aided the Caps.  They just can't carry around this many bad players, though.  

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

I really didn't think this game was that bad - well, the power play was bad, but that's theoretically fixable.  There were some mistakes by the coaches and certainly by the players, but there were also just a lot of bad bounces that aided the Caps.  They just can't carry around this many bad players, though.  

In your opinion, who is "bad"? I count Moore, Lovejoy, DSP and Kalinin. I dont think the roster is actually that bad. There is no way they should have he 3rd worst goal differential in the league

Just now, SMantzas said:

In your opinion, who is "bad"? I count Moore, Lovejoy, DSP and Kalinin. I dont think the roster is actually that bad. There is no way they should have he 3rd worst goal differential in the league

Wood is awful - sub-replacement level player.  

They won't have the 3rd worst goal differential by season's end.

35 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Josefson is awful at all times except in shootouts. Andy Greene is in clear decline at best. Zacha needs more time in the AHL. So do Lappin and Wood. Bennett is bad.

Couple all of that dead weight with Palmieri, Cammalleri, and Henrique not really performing, plus Cory giving up 4 goals a game, there's no way to be successful. 

On 1/1/2017 at 6:24 AM, BostonNala370 said:

Hynes is going to screw over Auvitu as DeBoer did Larsson. 

Because a fourth overall pick who can actually play defense is really comparable to an overseas FA signing that's a borderline roster player who isn't a very good defender.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Because a fourth overall pick who can actually play defense is really comparable to an overseas FA signing that's a borderline roster player who isn't a very good defender.

Totally agree here and Damon. Has been a part of the problem on defense.   Good players make others around them better,  we don't have many of those players imo t at best a very small handful. Way to many marginal or bad players and the ones we thought and should be pretty good have been a disappointment almost across the board. A terrible combination.  Said this before Hall has lost his entire career this is nothing new for him either. Really like him but he's a not a guy that has made much of a difference to turn to around many games. No he can't do it by himself but truly great players can throughout the year.  Didn't expect much this season but they've turned it into a sh!t show. Not a single player outside of Hall I would say is untouchable at this point. The problem is you're not getting much for 90% of the others.

By much I meant truly impact players. 

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Totally agree here and Damon. Has been a part of the problem on defense.   Good players make others around them better,  we don't have many of those players imo t at best a very small handful. Way to many marginal or bad players and the ones we thought and should be pretty good have been a disappointment almost across the board. A terrible combination.  Said this before Hall has lost his entire career this is nothing new for him either. Really like him but he's a not a guy that has made much of a difference to turn to around many games. No he can't do it by himself but truly great players can throughout the year.  Didn't expect much this season but they've turned it into a sh!t show. Not a single player outside of Hall I would say is untouchable at this point. The problem is you're not getting much for 90% of the others.

By much I meant truly impact players. 

I would say that Zajac should be on the all Star team.