Jump to content

July 2017 Devils' Development Camp Thread


Recommended Posts

Devils' development camp runs all next week - I believe Monday is physicals and then Tuesday-Saturday is the actual camp.  Only players who are under ELCs or have not yet been to 5 development camps are eligible.

The Devils have invited two unsigned, undrafted players to development camp - F Nicolas Guay and F Robert Carpenter.

Here's the development camp roster -

G:  Blackwood, Appelby, Senn, Cormier

D:  Kapla, Santini, Jacobs, Dyblenko, Walsh, White, Sissons, Chainey, Davies

F:  Hischier, Zacha, McLeod, Bastian, Wood, Quenneville, Anderson, Gignac, Braddock, Kujawinski, Boqvist, Zetterlund, Cangelosi, Popugaev, Bratt, Studenic, Carpenter, Speers, Talvitie, Guay

Edited by Triumph
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bDUDUjFZTEtKcnBKQk5LTm58MURYR3l5V2RtWWVHTaJIIzzczfKu7MKsaLAR51wm_foqZsrghNsFUCUGKjoB   https://www.pscp.tv/w/bDUDjDFZTEtKcnBKQk5LTm58MXZPeHd2ZGpFV29KQlwt6dlaExxP1sjHTjM

Met the great Sundstrom today, which was cool.  Unfortunately, Nico's and Zacha's teams were on the other side of the arena for 3 of the 4 games. Nico came over after the first two games and

Brylin running the drills

Posted Images

^who's going to give us a camp report of the 3v3..  that should be enjoyable this year with all of our young forward talent. Although with 2 forwards and a D. You can't tell who is playing center.. which will be the thing to watch this preseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

^who's going to give us a camp report of the 3v3..  that should be enjoyable this year with all of our young forward talent. Although with 2 forwards and a D. You can't tell who is playing center.. which will be the thing to watch this preseason.

I'm sure Andrew Gross will be on hand and give us some tidbits.   I have watched some on periscope thanks to NJ Sk8guy (Rich who is no longer with Devils)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Wonder if this means Kerfoot is history? (we did suspect this) or Seney or Dudek? 

Kerfoot didn't come to last year's, but yeah, he is probably history.

NCAA players have to pay their own way to development camp so it's always a question whether they'll show.  I don't really think Dudek has a future in NJ.  I think Seney's been there before so who knows why he's not there this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'll be at both events next week, really looking forward to it and I'll definitely report on who I think stands out. I'm not sure yet either but I may have 1 extra 3 on 3 ticket as well.

Can I/we ask (read: beg) you to take some videos and share them here?

I'd kill to be there!  Get something of Hischier doing something awesome :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What else will go on during the weeK? And will the press be allowed access thru most of It?  NHL network look ins...?

How good is mcloeds Shot? Is jesper tough enough, is quenenville ready to step up.? who plays center.  Is this the most exciting off season in 20 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

You didn't follow the team in 2000, then? (re: forwards)

The development camp forwards in 1999 were not this good, which I think was the point Mantzas was trying to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'll be at both events next week, really looking forward to it and I'll definitely report on who I think stands out. I'm not sure yet either but I may have 1 extra 3 on 3 ticket as well.

look forward to your comments. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewarkDevil5 said:

You didn't follow the team in 2000, then? (re: forwards)

I mean, I was 9 and living in South Jersey so I only watched the team when they played the Flyers 5x a year and in the playoffs. So yes, but no lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The development camp forwards in 1999 were not this good, which I think was the point Mantzas was trying to make.

Fair enough. I forgot which thread I was in and was thinking he was talking about Devils forwards overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

What else will go on during the weeK? And will the press be allowed access thru most of It?  NHL network look ins...?

How good is mcloeds Shot? Is jesper tough enough, is quenenville ready to step up.? who plays center.  Is this the most exciting off season in 20 years

Edit: Is this the first rebuild period in the last 30 years? :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool changing of the times: it was pretty cool going on Instagram and seeing our prospects' IG stories of all being excited on their way to Jersey. Some posted pictures of them packing or on a plane, Bastian posted a picture of McLeod and him having breakfast with the caption "Next stop: Jersey".

All the bad of social media aside, it's cool to get a glimpse into 18-20 year old kids' excitement as they get one step closer to making the NHL.

Edited by DJ Eco
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Cool changing of the times: it was pretty cool going on Instagram and seeing our prospects' IG stories of all being excited on their way to Jersey. Some posted pictures of them packing or on a plane, Bastian posted a picture of McLeod and him having breakfast with the caption "Next stop: Jersey".

All the bad of social media aside, it's cool to get a glimpse into 18-20 year old kids' excitement as they get one step closer to making the NHL.

Saw that Bastian photo of McLeod. I think this McLeod kid has the confidence and determination to stick this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scored tickets to tomorrow's 3v3 scrimmage. I have an extra ticket, so if anyone wants to go, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to share it. First come first serve.

As an aside, the Devils' forwards are absolutely loaded. 

Hischier, McLeod, Quenneville, Zacha, Speers, Anderson, Boqvist, Popugaev, Bratt, Zetterlund, Bastian, Wood, Gignac. Far cry from when our best prospect was Barry Tallickson.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Just scored tickets to tomorrow's 3v3 scrimmage. I have an extra ticket, so if anyone wants to go, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to share it. First come first serve.

As an aside, the Devils' forwards are absolutely loaded. 

Hischier, McLeod, Quenneville, Zacha, Speers, Anderson, Boqvist, Popugaev, Bratt, Zetterlund, Bastian, Wood, Gignac. Far cry from when our best prospect was Barry Tallickson.

That's awesome! what a summer time hockey treat! full report!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

I'm assuming Adidas hasn't manufactured any uniforms for the teams to use this summer, because the Devils are sporting the old Reeboks for Development Camp it looks like.

I'm a little surprised about that -- you'd think, especially with the backlash received after the unveiling, that they'd want to get the new jerseys out in the spotlight as quickly as possible and try to form an embrace among the fans.  I guess maybe they want to save it for opening night and make it more special, and also have the actual guys who make the roster sport the new ones rather than a bunch of prospects, but it's still a little surprising.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.