Roster Musings

EdgeControl

sh!t, didn't see either of those.  Great.  Bad time to have guys hurt, but it could be worse I guess.  Everyone keeps talking about Johansson and his potential return (and of course Schneider), but Gibbons hardly ever gets mentioned... is there a timetable for his return?

I think Gibbons is skating, but I haven't heard when he could be back. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Schneider not traveling to Pitt. How fvckin badly did he injure his labia? This is getting ridiculous. 

Kinkaid vs Penguins..... yea no thanks.

If I had to guess on his injury it would be a Superior/Lateral Labral Hip Tear.  I had/have this injury playing hockey as well.  I was told that it would not heal because of minimal penetration of vessels into the labrum, that I would have to have surgery and the surgery would be expensive/dangerous because of the location and only 2 doctors in the area could perform it.  (I think A-Rod had this surgery)  He suggested I stop playing hockey.  I stopped for a while and after a while I tried strengthening the muscles around it, doing the hip abductors/adductors machine in the gym.  If I don't consistently do this I feel it while playing hockey. 

I forget which writer said it but Cory said that it is something that he has to deal with, and that it will not get better nor worse and is what it is.  Based on that comment, the length of time he was out and the play on which it happened, it sounds exactly like my injury.  Look for him to have the surgery in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

If I had to guess on his injury it would be a Superior/Lateral Labral Hip Tear.  I had/have this injury playing hockey as well.  I was told that it would not heal because of minimal penetration of vessels into the labrum, that I would have to have surgery and the surgery would be expensive/dangerous because of the location and only 2 doctors in the area could perform it.  (I think A-Rod had this surgery)  He suggested I stop playing hockey.  I stopped for a while and after a while I tried strengthening the muscles around it, doing the hip abductors/adductors machine in the gym.  If I don't consistently do this I feel it while playing hockey. 

I forget which writer said it but Cory said that it is something that he has to deal with, and that it will not get better nor worse and is what it is.  Based on that comment, the length of time he was out and the play on which it happened, it sounds exactly like my injury.  Look for him to have the surgery in the offseason.

Re: the bolded, that's what she said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So let's just say Mojo and Gibbons would be good to go. Earlier in the season it was like "great! means hayes or stafford are out!" but now i'm not really sure who i'd take out. 

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Grabner - Zacha - Palmieri
Maroon - Zajac - Noesen
Wood - Boyle - Coleman

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Grabner-Zacha-Johansson

Maroon-Zajac-Wood

Gibbons-Noesen-Coleman? Can any of these guys play center?

sitting Bratt more than just a game or two?  I don't think Boyle gets sat for more than a game here and there at most.  Not saying it right.  I think Noesen/Coleman/Gibbons could be the main guys that rotate in and out assuming Mojo stays healthy for more than a hot minute.  If it were me Zacha would be in that mix too.

Edited by titans04

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So let's just say Mojo and Gibbons would be good to go. Earlier in the season it was like "great! means hayes or stafford are out!" but now i'm not really sure who i'd take out. 

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Maroon - Zajac - Noesen
Wood - Boyle - Coleman

The obvious one is Boyle. Maybe Coleman. That would be a tougher choice though 

Hall - Hischier - Bratt

Grabner - Johansson - Palmieri

Maroon - Zajac - Zacha

Wood - Boyle - Coleman / Gibbons / Noesen

Due to most of them being LW's people will have to play out of position... Mojo has played center before for Washington. Not sure if Zacha on the right makes sense, maybe swap him and Maroon.

Regardless, it's nothing but good news for the team, hopefully he'll be able to come back and make an impact. He has been better than people gave him credit for, and was (and will be) a big part of the team's overall plan moving forward.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=90623

^was a pretty good article from a month ago or so detailing how he has played as a Devil

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

That's amazing news. And mannnnnnn does it makes it hard to cut guys out right now....... 

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Maroon - Zajac - Johansson
Wood / Coleman - Boyle - Noesen / Gibbons

Outside of Boyle i truly don't know who i'd want to cut... i'd suspect Bratt and Noesen to be first 2 cuts tho

Good news is... with that lineup it's very very unlikely that we see Hayes or Stafford again.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1