Roster Musings

EdgeControl

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

That's amazing news. And mannnnnnn does it makes it hard to cut guys out right now....... 

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Grabner - Zacha - Palmieri
Maroon - Zajac - Johansson
Wood / Coleman - Boyle - Noesen / Gibbons

Outside of Boyle i truly don't know who i'd want to cut... i'd suspect Bratt and Noesen to be first 2 cuts tho

Good news is... with that lineup it's very very unlikely that we see Hayes or Stafford again.

Was gonna say, it makes it real easy to cut THOSE guys out. I forgot Hayes was even still around, honestly. 

I think you have to cycle through those guys on the 4th line, make sure they are all fresh, and they'll just have to take turns sitting. I don't want any of those guys out of my lineup. 

Maybe add Grabner to that list also, he hasn't produced and if you ask me if I want Wood or Gibbons or Coleman or Noesen in his place (maybe not on the 2nd line, but "in his place" and re-work the lines), I might agree to that on a given night. 

On 3/28/2018 at 2:28 PM, Jimmy Leeds said:

I just would hope MoJo just decides to come back next year, if at all.

He and Clowe should have a serious talk about his future.

As much as I'd hate to lose the "asset", if you will, I agree that he needs to kinda take a step back and think about what his long-term plans are.  Two concussions in such a short time frame.. I mean a third could be devastating.

No reason for him to come back this year imo.  The team is buzzing right now, and he never exactly found his groove here when he was healthy anyway.

I'm surprised they haven't 100% shut him down for the year yet.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

No reason for him to come back this year imo.  The team is buzzing right now, and he never exactly found his groove here when he was healthy anyway.

That's the biggest point out of the whole thing for me. He was marginal at best while he was "healthy". Why in the fvck would you try to bring him back now, where every point matters and you are playoff bound, after he's been out for so long, not playing, barely skating, etc...

Seems like a terrible idea. Give him the offseason to finish healing and to get his feet back under him before he gets back out there. 

2 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

Everybody recovers from concussions differently.  This last one was his 2nd.  Better to be completely healthy than to risk a setback.  His long-term health is at stake.

I agree. But even IF his head was 100% and his health is not at risk, he'd be incredibly rusty. I wouldn't want a guy who is incredibly rusty being the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. Especially because its not like he'd be replacing Hayes or Stafford right now, if that were the case, I might feel differently. 

But who's coming out? Noesen or Gibbons? I want those guys in right now. 

How about a "would you rather"...Severson vs. Greene in the playoffs. 

I am so sick of Greene. The guy is so ineffective most of the time. Watching the game last night (until the last 5 minutes), I was wondering what the fvck his problem is. He makes beautiful tape to tape passes to the slot and makes incredible deflections on goal. Unfortunately, the passes are to the other team and the deflections are on our goalie. 

The rest of the time, he tries clearing the zone like he's playing with a pool noodle instead of a stick. 

But then, he did make 1-2 really good defensive plays with the goalie pulled. 

It's not happening, I know the (hopefully soon to be former) captain is not getting benched. But all other things being equal, would you prefer Severson in and Greene out?

I think I might.