2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

18 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Anaheim (aka “Philadelphia West”) about to go down 3-0 in their series and I couldn’t be happier. 

Love you rico, but the rest of your team is filled with dirty sh!tbags

Wonder what the series win percentage is for teams losing 2-0 in a series and going on the road. Honestly, when that's your scenario, you're pretty much fvcked.

30 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Anaheim (aka “Philadelphia West”) about to go down 3-0 in their series and I couldn’t be happier. 

They're headed for the sweep. Nothing against the effort of Anaheim, they're just a team missing tools playing a team with all the parts. A Boston-San Jose final is not unlikely. 

33 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Can’t think of too many times it’s happened before. Washington this year. Devils in 2012. I have to be missing some, though. Right?

Yeah, what I was saying is that I don't think there are too many series where the team with home ice advantage lost the first 2 games at home and ended up winning the series.

Edited by Devs3cups

47 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Wonder what the series win percentage is for teams losing 2-0 in a series and going on the road. Honestly, when that's your scenario, you're pretty much fvcked.

33 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Can’t think of too many times it’s happened before. Washington this year. Devils in 2012. I have to be missing some, though. Right?

I think they showed the stat after the Washington game last night and it was that the team up 2-0 going back home wins the series 88% of the time.

That might have been for 2-0 in general though, not sure.

Edit: NVM, it is 88.7% of the time for just 2-0 in general. 2-0 and going on the road must be worse, but I'm not sure it's by much.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Time to roast the Ducks!

9 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Devils in 1994, against Boston.  That's the series where Terreri back-stopped the Devils to wins in Games 3, 4, and the series-clincher in Game 6.  I was so bummed after the Game 2 loss...not giving-up bummed, but definitely in full on "Oh maaaaaaaaaan" mode.

7 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Parise has seven years left on his deal @7.5 AAV.

seven.

It's very likely that he'll end up on LTIR in the last two or three years of that deal.  Either that, or he'll be a compliance buy out when there's a new CBA. 

Rumors circulating that it's going to be Fitzgerald.

It says he’s in the mix, so that wouldn’t be surprising. Sounding like Fitzgerald is a bit of a hot commodity, he apparently turned down an interview with Carolina. I’d like him to hang around, but I can’t blame a guy for taking a promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It says he’s in the mix, so that wouldn’t be surprising. Sounding like Fitzgerald is a bit of a hot commodity, he apparently turned down an interview with Carolina. I’d like him to hang around, but I can’t blame a guy for taking a promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Islanders fan I follow on twitter was saying last night that it's going to be Fitzgerald and it'll be announced whenever the Devils season is done (hopefully in June).  He might have been getting that from Incarcerated Bob though, that being how rumors spread.

• Like 1