GDT: NHL Draft Lottery Thread DEVILS. #. ONE. OVER. ALL!

Derlique

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Kane is 5’10 btw for everyone that’s worried about Hughes’ size. Hughes himself was talking about how he will get bigger and stronger when they were interviewing him before the drawing. Which is true. Look at the difference in Nico from year one to year two. 

I also love that he said he definitely wants to play center. 

Not to mention Hughes doesn’t turn 18 for another month. He’s literally a kid still lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And Kane is 5’10 btw for everyone that’s worried about Hughes’ size. Hughes himself was talking about how he will get bigger and stronger when they were interviewing him before the drawing. Which is true. Look at the difference in Nico from year one to year two. 

I have no problem with his size but I think this makes Zacha's continued emergence as a power forward even that more important for the team.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The kid is 17 still. 5 10 165 is a pretty good size at that age

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I have no problem with his size but I think this makes Zacha's continued emergence as a power forward even that more important for the team.    

we "almost" have a good problem now tho.... you have zajac and Zacha down the line now... you can't have one of those 2 on the 4th line so what do you do?

You could trade one of the 2 for some help on the D but if you go down that road do you trade zajac and lose a good veteran presence who's been here forever and can still do a good job or you keep zacha who's younger and closer to hughes and hischier in age. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

we "almost" have a good problem now tho.... you have zajac and Zacha down the line now... you can't have one of those 2 on the 4th line so what do you do?

You could trade one of the 2 for some help on the D but if you go down that road do you trade zajac and lose a good veteran presence who's been here forever and can still do a good job or you keep zacha who's younger and closer to hughes and hischier in age. 

Why do you say we can’t have Zajac on the 4th line? Because of his salary? Or worry that his production would drop off too much? 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I've actually always thought Zacha would be better on the wing.  

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Zacha - Hughes - Bratt 

Coleman - Zajac - ??    

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Why do you say we can’t have Zajac on the 4th line? Because of his salary? Or worry that his production would drop off too much? 

well i guess im not saying that we can't. But we still have to remember that our team still have a bunch of holes so you at least have to look into it and wonder if you'd rather have a REALLY good 4th line center getting paid that much money, at that age, cutting his minutes that much too etc etc... IF you can get a good return to patch another position instead. 

Hughes is the ilk of Crosby/McJesus. He will be a Devil. This team will be good for a long time. Folks (UFA's) will want to come here. I can't wait for Prospect camp. I was at band practice, got a couple calls in succession. last one being "we got him"!

• Like 3

Amazing night for the franchise! I was ready to be THRILLED if we landed Kakko, but okay to stay in 3rd, really did not expect another win. And let's face it, the storylines from Devils and Rangers going 1st and 2nd are going to be fun, even if it's fun to watch them flounder right now, there's some exciting hockey in the metro area for the next 10 years...

• Like 1

Growing up my team was always the devils and will always be but my 2nd fav team was always pittsburgh because or Lemieux and Jagr. I was a goalie so Brodeur was my fav player all around but lemieux was my favourite "forward".

So anyway... i eventually dropped the pens in the mid 2000s when they got Fleury, Staal, Crosby, Malkin etc etc saying i didn't like when a team was finding success by sucking for so long and collecting top players... that i liked teams built like Detroit who were just drafting well and developing their players well...

.... sh!t. I'll have to be a hypocrite or get creative with an excuse now haha

But i guess getting "lucky" and winning the lottery 3 times in 7 years makes it easier lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2-1 in 3GP to close out the season, and that's what makes the difference between getting bumped to 5th or a less bad scenario of us getting Kakko. But nope, a couple gutsy wins, and Jack Hughes is a New Jersey Devil!

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1