2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Everyone's cranky lately lol this is what happens when the team trys to end the season in the first month lol

Yeah, also I'm just pretty annoyed at the long break early.  On Monday I was ready to watch a game that night, and now it's Wednesday and there's still not even a game tonight or tomorrow.  

• Like 1

95:  In our seats in section 223....my 9 year old son and I.Was offered 1,000 coming into the cattle cross,hard to turn down and so glad I did.

00: Watched it at the Grasshopper also...Place was packed and went crazy when Jason scored.

03: At this point had given up my seats.... Scalped tickets....200 apiece my son and I again 13th row behind the Ducks bench. Both home cup wins were great but nothing will beat 95.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Not sure how that’s applicable. I want Kakko to have a miserable career because I hate the rangers, not because an 18 year old from Finland likes Manhattan better than fvckin newark.

He probably heard the “you suck” chants and it made him hate our fanbase. Now do you love him, my special little snowflake? 

Image result for bubblewrap

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m sure you wouldn’t be joking about that bubble wrap if Travis Zajac once accidentally splashed some pee on it. What do you think you’d spend; $600? $700? Or would you just make another forum post saying anyone who spends less than $100 on bubblewrap from China isn’t a Devils fan? 

Image result for bubblewrap

Just now, MB3 said:

Still not sure I get the joke. Mfitz used that because he thought I was being too sensitive about moustic clearly being upset about the france jokes.

In fairness, we never really established how upset he was. I'm still thinking, not very much, more in the "you're an idiot" way than the "I'm offended" way. Which was the exact spirit with which they were posted. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Still not sure I get the joke. Mfitz used that because he thought I was being too sensitive about moustic clearly being upset about the france jokes. You seemingly bring it back because I said you (and others) are being ridiculous to hate a foreign kid who said anything other than the wordvomit you hear from 98% of sports athletes. 

If you want to have a disagreement about that I'm all ears; it's a discussion forum. If you're just going to have a pissing contest, I'll bow out.

You start ragging on me about my hobby yet again as well as crying again (first time was the same day I got suspended) about something I said to you TEN YEARS ago on this forum.  This as well as calling me "f'ing ridiculous" as well as calling me a "special little snowflake"

Yet you want to have a civilized discussion. L-O-L!  You are incapable of having any semblance of a conversation without being at least somewhat of a dick.

Nah I am tapping out of this one too and any further direct responses to me from you gets more bubble wrap pictures.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

But it was clearly because you thought I was over-sensitive and you had to bubblewrap your posts. It was annoying but at least it was topical. I'm not so sure what 84 is going for here, but all good.

Pretty much exactly what I was going for lol. Annoying but topical. Like herpes. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

2000: on my couch with my parents. I fell asleep after the first overtime. My dad woke me up when Arnott scored and I just walked upstairs exhausted. He woke me up the next day to tell me we were going to the parade, I screamed THEY WON?!?!?!? and we went to the local Sports Authority which was selling the championship hats and shirts. 

Reading this, I just remembered that in 2000, I was in law school but also working at Foot Locker to pay my school expenses. We sold the t-shirts and hats and I not only did not have to go looking for them, I got my employee discount. Score!!

Then I called out "sick" to go to the parade. Nobody believed me. 

And the 2000 hats were much nicer looking than the 1995 hats. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This must be another one of those posts that I don’t understand how it’s funny.

1- it's an acquired taste

2- it's not really meant to be that funny anyway but non-sense random comments amuses me. I grew up in a very small village in the middle of nowhere, learned to amuse myself out of nothing is a survival skill i acquired through the years.

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

now this is funny

Yeah, that explains a lot LOL.

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

imagine an njdevs group therapy meeting? we'd all be so silent because there's a 99% chance none of us have ever been outwardly confrontational to a stranger in our entire lives.

I basically do that professionally.

25 minutes ago, MB3 said:

imagine an njdevs group therapy meeting? we'd all be so silent because there's a 99% chance none of us have ever been outwardly confrontational to a stranger in our entire lives.

I actually prefer face to face confrontations.

Too easy to hide anonymously behind a keyboard / username

re: cup win games:

'95 - Phish show at Mann Music Center in Philly. Have discussed this in the past on this board. Daniel was at the game and was like 14 years old by himself. I let my little brother go by himself so I could go to see Phish who'd I'd already seen 6 times over the previous two months.

'00 - at my parents with my now wife. she had just graduated college and our new apartment wasn't ready.

'03 - at the game with my wife. what's amazing about that too is that she was just pregnant and we didn't know it. Do the math on odds of conception + playoff wins that year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well of course YOU would take offense to that you're the absolute best at it lol

For the 100th time, i'm not telling you or anyone what you can and cannot do. I'm giving you my opinion on the matter which im 200% allowed to do on a message board where people share opinions. But hey if you somehow see my opinion as some sort of authority that should be respected i'll take it as a compliment.

I you want to buy a car and you don't know what brand to get... are you going to ask a biased Honda car salesman? No. Biased opinions are trash, useless and irrelevant. It's pretty damn common sense. And i'm quite amused by the double standards and irony coming out of biased people and i love to point it out. Totally legal. 

So what you’re saying is we shouldn’t defer to you on anything related to PK Subban or Lou? Got it. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So what you’re saying is we shouldn’t defer to you on anything related to PK Subban or Lou? Got it. 

Well to start you'd have to prove that im actually "unfairly" biased against those 2 and not simply having an opinion based on what they did or their personalities... for that you'd have to prove that Subban isn't egomaniac and that Lou isn't incredibly stubborn. Good fvcking luck with that lol

to be fair though i can admit that i'm slightly biased against those 2 in the way that there's so many claims supporting my opinion that i wont give them much benefit of the doubt when a new report is coming out, i'd tend to simply believe it cause it fits everything else. But they both dug their graves for that

Did you see Subban's small doc about his first 12 hours as a devils or wtv? yeah. not an egomaniac at all, every single players does that right lol

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well to start you'd have to prove that im actually biased against those 2 and not simply having an opinion based on what they did or their personalities... for that you'd have to prove that Subban isn't egomaniac and that Lou isn't incredibly stubborn. Good fvcking luck with that lol

to be fair though i can admit that i'm slightly biased against those 2 in the way that there's so many claims supporting my opinion that i wont give them much benefit of the doubt when a new report is coming out, i'd tend to simply believe it cause it fits their personality.

Please. Everyone who is biased against something or someone has a reason.

I am “biased” against the Rangers because I’m a Devils fan and Rangers fans were d!cks to me my whole life. Yet still you colored my post about Kakko as “biased“.

If that’s true (it 100% is, though it didn’t come into play for the Kakko comment), then you are clearly biased when it comes to PK and Lou. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Please. Everyone who is biased against something or someone has a reason.

I am “biased” against the Rangers because I’m a Devils fan and Rangers fans were d!cks to me my whole life. Yet still you colored my post about Kakko as “biased“.

If that’s true (it 100% is, though it didn’t come into play for the Kakko comment), then you are clearly biased when it comes to PK and Lou. 

Yeah cause i feel you're judging this kid a specific way because he's a Rangers and not for him as an individual, he has no track record at all of being a bitch or anything. If is was that other rangers prospect who threw his silver medal in the crowd who did that... or back to when Duclair was their prospect and there was tons of rumours in the Q about his bad attitude. Then i wouldnt give them much benefit of the doubt. Cause i know those kids had a bad attitude because of that. Kakko didn't do anything else to support that he's a diva or wtv.

When you're biased you're judging people's actions based on who they are and not based on the actions. While you should judge people by their actions... which is why im not a big Subban and Lou fan (when it comes to free agency)... also a huge Shero fan based on his actions.

Let's be honest i'm probably Shero's #1 supporter on this board as i was praising him long before he was even hired here. Yet, im currently calling him out on the same exact thing i called out Lou on for years. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty hypocritical. 

I didn’t judge him based on his team, I judged him based on what he said/did. Just like you say you did for PK. That would be like me saying I think you said it because PK is black. 

I guess the difference is, it’s documented that I hate the Rangers. But it still takes an incorrect assumption on your part. 

Difference is that PK has a long history of doing that stuff. This kid has no history at all, which should grant him some sort of benefit of the doubt.

I still fail to see where you've been willing to at least give him the benefit of the doubt considering the situation. Anytime someone offered some sort of justification you doubled down refusing to consider it and stuck to your opinion. Which is fine, there's no hard proof out there that he isn't a bitch other than he was never caught doing it. 

I personally don't know the kid obviously. Maybe he's a bitch. If you'd show me a few other interviews where he's bitching and being a diva then i'd likely agree with you then. It's not like i like the kid.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Difference is that PK has a long history of doing that stuff. This kid has no history at all, which should grant him some sort of benefit of the doubt.

I still fail to see where you've been willing to at least give him the benefit of the doubt considering the situation. Anytime someone offered some sort of justification you doubled down refusing to consider it and stuck to your opinion. Which is fine, there's no hard proof out there that he isn't a bitch other than he was never caught doing it. 

I personally don't know the kid obviously. Maybe he's a bitch. If you'd show me a few other interviews where he's bitching and being a diva then i'd likely agree with you then. It's not like i like the kid.

If I came out and said “Kakko is a bitch, look at what he said”, or tried to say he obviously has poor character, etc., your point might be valid. 

But all I said was, he said something he shouldn’t have said to the media. I didn’t say it makes him a bad guy, a locker room problem, none of that. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I came out and said “Kakko is a bitch, look at what he said”, or tried to say he obviously has poor character, etc., your point might be valid. 

But all I said was, he said something he shouldn’t have said to the media. I didn’t say it makes him a bad guy, a locker room problem, none of that. 

well you did say "D!ckhead, yes, by virtue of his jersey. "

And also im not even sure if i said that you were biased. Like MB i basically made a general statement that "some" were probably spinning this in a negative way more than it had to.. for obvious reasons. You started to reply to me so i engaged with you.

this is really a dumb conversation that leads nowhere and that no one here wants to read. Let's talk about Alexandra Daddario's eyes instead

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well you did say "D!ckhead, yes, by virtue of his jersey. "

Well I stand by that, Rangers are d!ckheads by virtue of their team. I’d hate him regardless of what he said. 

I don’t hate him for what he said at all, it’s just not the appropriate thing to do, and even more so coming from a guy who has played less than 50 minutes in the league.