Devils 2019-20 Lineup/Notes Thread

Neb00rs

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He did have that nice run to close out last year, but yeah, whatever currency he might have earned from that, it's all spent.  He really is that guy who once threw strikes with ease and now can't find the plate to save his life.  Just leave him in Bingo.  

He’s the Rick Ankiel of hockey, only he won’t revive his career switching to forward.

• Like 1

I agree schneider is done. Blackwood is our starter, we need a good 1A. Not sure who's going to be out there, ( a few UFA's-Sparks, Khudobin, Halak, Hutchison). Wondering with Marty now " involved",  will it start morphing into a D that more resembles old Devils. (just playing strong in our D zone) Blackwood has shown signs of being a really good starter, with occasional lapses. 

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

they better cause there's more and more pressure on MTL to fire Julien and with a french speaking Gallant available...

If we lose out on Gallant cause Fitz didn’t want to make a move, or some bullsh!t of “well we already have Nas here,” I will be absolutely ducking livid.

And yes, I think from now on, ducking will be my default way to say that swear, it adds humor in when I’m furious 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If we lose out on Gallant cause Fitz didn’t want to make a move, or some bullsh!t of “well we already have Nas here,” I will be absolutely ducking livid.

And yes, I think from now on, ducking will be my default way to say that swear, it adds humor in when I’m furious 

We don't even know if Fitz has the backing to make that kind of a call.  He's interim only.  Devils could have a new GM this summer, and if that's the case, does it make sense to saddle that GM with a coach that he may not really want?  GMs usually take the job with the understanding that they're going to get to pick their guys.  I can't say status-quo (Nas is absolutely that in my eyes) thrills me either, and the next few months are pretty much going to suck, but I'd rather this gets done correctly...go get your GM, then let that GM hire his coach...no guarantees of course, but I don't want anything done back-asswards.   

There's obviously well-known names out there that no one is jumping on at the moment...I 100% don't believe that Nas is the answer in the slightest and I'm definitely on board with him being replaced, but unless the Devils are prepared to commit to a GM in-season (be it Fitz or someone else), there probably isn't much of a point in hiring a HC at the moment....especially since there's no miracle run coming, and chances are the Devils will be finishing last in the Metro no matter who's coaching them from here on out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We don't even know if Fitz has the backing to make that kind of a call.  He's interim only.  Devils could have a new GM this summer, and if that's the case, does it make sense to saddle that GM with a coach that he may not really want?  GMs usually take the job with the understanding that they're going to get to pick their guys.  I can't say status-quo (Nas is absolutely that in my eyes) thrills me either, and the next few months are pretty much going to suck, but I'd rather this gets done correctly...go get your GM, then let that GM hire his coach...no guarantees of course, but I don't want anything done back-asswards.   

There's obviously well-known names out there that no one is jumping on at the moment...I 100% don't believe that Nas is the answer in the slightest and I'm definitely on board with him being replaced, but unless the Devils are prepared to commit to a GM in-season (be it Fitz or someone else), there probably isn't much of a point in hiring a HC at the moment....especially since there's no miracle run coming, and chances are the Devils will be finishing last in the Metro no matter who's coaching them from here on out. 

Oh I know new GM should get their choice, but when other teams are making franchise altering changes, and we’re sitting idly it’s frustrating. I understand the not rushing to find a new GM, hell even the new coach (look at what’s happened since Lavi, after all), but this shroud of complete chaos surrounding the organization is frustrating and frankly, a little embarrassing.

Just now, jagknife said:

Oh I know new GM should get their choice, but when other teams are making franchise altering changes, and we’re sitting idly it’s frustrating. I understand the not rushing to find a new GM, hell even the new coach (look at what’s happened since Lavi, after all), but this shroud of complete chaos surrounding the organization is frustrating and frankly, a little embarrassing.

All the more reason not to make any rash decisions intended to placate the masses.  The season is over.  Yeah, things feel a little chaotic right now and like I said, I'm not championing Nas by any means, but I'd rather the Devils take a step back for the moment.  

I can't see them bringing in either a full time GM or a full time coach to finish out this season. I suspect they'll start with a fresh GM after the season and before the draft, and then that guy will choose his coach. 

Having the interim GM hire a full time coach doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless the interim GM is interim in name only and will soon be the full time GM.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can't see them bringing in either a full time GM or a full time coach to finish out this season. I suspect they'll start with a fresh GM after the season and before the draft, and then that guy will choose his coach. 

Having the interim GM hire a full time coach doesn't really make a lot of sense, unless the interim GM is interim in name only and will soon be the full time GM.  

Can’t you both just let me irrationally cranky that we don’t have a GM or Coach and we’ll probably end up with another Pitt retread?!? (Sarcasm sprinkled in there) 

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Can’t you both just let me irrationally cranky that we don’t have a GM or Coach and we’ll probably end up with another Pitt retread?!? (Sarcasm sprinkled in there) 

Oh I'm just as cranky as you are...I understand why they're in limbo right now (canning the coach and then canning the GM who canned the coach will do that), but that doesn't mean I like it. 

That being said, I'm enjoying this Devils "vacation" way too much...as much as I like certain players on this team (Nico, Palms, Coleman, and Blackwood...also Hughes, who's got the goods, just needs time), the team as a whole is beyond maddening.  I know I'll be going to more games because it's something that me and my daughter have very much made our own.  I'll be enjoying daddy time with HER.  Who the hell knows about the games themselves...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I'm just as cranky as you are...I understand why they're in limbo right now (canning the coach and then canning the GM who canned the coach will do that), but that doesn't mean I like it. 

That being said, I'm enjoying this Devils "vacation" way too much...as much as I like certain players on this team (Nico, Palms, Coleman, and Blackwood...also Hughes, who's got the goods, just needs time), the team as a whole is beyond maddening.  I know I'll be going to more games because it's something that me and my daughter have very much made our own.  I'll be enjoying daddy time with HER.  Who the hell knows about the games themselves...

I am in the same boat.  This week has given me more time to binge-watch Frasier which I have been doing for almost two weeks now.  I saw plenty of episodes when it came out in the 90's and early 2000's, but I decided to sit down and re-watch the entire series for the first time since then and really into it.

Ordinarily I'd miss watching games this entire week, but I just started a new job yesterday, so I've been a little busy and occupied with all the normal stuff that comes with that, so I'm finding my way through it.  Like DM said, I have a few other shows I'm slowly working my way through, and the team has sucked for the better part of this season anyway, so even though I still watch every game, if I miss one, or they're on a long break like now, it's not the end of the world.

We're catching up on Letterkenny as a nasty bug rips its way through my house. First it was me and the smaller of the little guys, now the wife has it just as bad as I did.

Project Bluebook comes back tonight, which had a pretty good first season. I'm VERY curious about this season cause it supposedly takes place in Roswell, which is about 2 hours from me right now.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am in the same boat.  This week has given me more time to binge-watch Frasier which I have been doing for almost two weeks now.  I saw plenty of episodes when it came out in the 90's and early 2000's, but I decided to sit down and re-watch the entire series for the first time since then and really into it.

I’ve done this with a few shows. I’m about to start Law & Order SVU which should take about two years. 

7 hours ago, jagknife said:

my highschool band played a show at school once but we couldnt swear so i'd say Duck instead of Fvck. lol 

We were playing a Pennywise cover then so the chorus became...

I say Duck Authority.
Silent majority
Raised by the system
Now it's time to rise against them
We're sick of your treason
Sick of your lies
Duck no, we won't listen
We're gonna open your eyes

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jagknife said:

We're catching up on Letterkenny as a nasty bug rips its way through my house. First it was me and the smaller of the little guys, now the wife has it just as bad as I did.

Project Bluebook comes back tonight, which had a pretty good first season. I'm VERY curious about this season cause it supposedly takes place in Roswell, which is about 2 hours from me right now.

A friend of mine recommended Letterkenny to me, but I don't remember what it's about.  Is it good?  Also, is it only on Hulu?  I thought he brought that up when we were discussing what good shows Hulu had, and if it was worth subscribing to, but not positive.  I don't have Hulu, tried a free trial a year or two ago, but it was only for a month or so.  11/22/63 was awesome, but not enough to make me sign up. 

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

my highschool band played a show at school once but we couldnt swear so i'd say Duck instead of Fvck. lol 

We were playing a Pennywise cover then so the chorus became...

I say Duck Authority.
Silent majority
Raised by the system
Now it's time to rise against them
We're sick of your treason
Sick of your lies
Duck no, we won't listen
We're gonna open your eyes

I will now forever hear this song as Duck Authority.