NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

i mean this is happening now... when teams are barely getting together. Imagine the mess if something like this happen DURING the playoffs? what the fvck are they going to do? What if the pens suddenly have a few cases during their play in round... ? the players can't play? or they cancel the whole series? then who wins? Then what if players on each teams get infected? 

Just cancel the season and save yourself from potential embarrassment. You guys showed you were willing to try but it's not working out. Just focus on next season to make sure there's one

• Like 1

Yeahhh this is trending in the absolute wrong direction. 

But this is the NHL so we all know what's going to happen - a "play-in" team is going to win the draft lottery next week and then they'll end up cancelling the whole thing anyway, thus creating yet another clusterfvck for the league.

I'll bring the popcorn.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Whoever came up with the idea to hold the draft lottery before the season ends should be fired. There is zero reason to do it that way. They could do it the day before the draft (or the morning of the draft, or, for that matter, the first 15 minutes of the actual draft) and it would have the same impact. 

• Like 4

Canceling the season is the best thing for us imo. Arizona was probably going to beat the Hynes’ so we’re going to get a better pick from them, assuming they don’t win the lottery (they do have Hall), if they just kill the season.

I was very happy to have two top ten picks before this play in crap.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeahhh this is trending in the absolute wrong direction. 

But this is the NHL so we all know what's going to happen - a "play-in" team is going to win the draft lottery next week and then they'll end up cancelling the whole thing anyway, thus creating yet another clusterfvck for the league.

I'll bring the popcorn.

i mean why even have the play in part and have other teams getting a pass? I'm sure an argument can be made that those teams deserved to get a shot at making the playoffs cause the season was cut short. I can understand that angle.

But it's really really really hard not to see that they lost so much money they found a way to get 2 original 6 teams who didn't deserve to be there at all into a play-in round to get back some money.

it's such a big mess

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Do you really think the league cares that much about the Original Six all these years later? I don’t get that at all. 

I just cannot win can't I. Last time i said Chicago and Montreal. And because I said Montreal you gave me sh!t. Then i asked if it would make you feel better if i said original 6 teams. Which i did and now here we are again.

It's not because of the simple fact that they are original 6. More about the fact that since 2008-2009 those 2 teams has been #1 and #2 in attendance around the league every single year except ONE year, that year MTL was 3rd.

So to answer your question. Yes i think the league cares that much not having their 2 10+ years top teams in attendance not in the playoffs and missing on that revenue. Especially in a year where they lost this much money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I just cannot win can't I. Last time i said Chicago and Montreal. And because I said Montreal you gave me sh!t. Then i asked if it would make you feel better if i said original 6 teams. Which i did and now here we are again.

It's not because of the simple fact that they are original 6. More about the fact that since 2008-2009 those 2 teams has been #1 and #2 in attendance around the league every single year except ONE year, that year MTL was 3rd.

So to answer your question. Yes i think the league cares that much not having their 2 10+ years top teams in attendance not in the playoffs and missing on that revenue. Especially in a year where they lost this much money

That would’ve been a better argument.

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would’ve been a better argument.

that was my argument. What other reason could possibly be there for me to say "to get back some money"?

i mean why even have the play in part and have other teams getting a pass? I'm sure an argument can be made that those teams deserved to get a shot at making the playoffs cause the season was cut short. I can understand that angle.

But it's really really really hard not to see that they lost so much money they found a way to get 2 original 6 teams who didn't deserve to be there at all into a play-in round to get back some money.

it's such a big mess

Edited by SterioDesign

it's such a big mess

Should be the league's new slogan.

I've said it a million times (as have others) and I'll say it again:

Hockey is the BEST sport on the planet run by the WORST league in professional sports.

• Like 1

that was my argument. What other reason could possibly be there for me to say "to get back some money"?

Wasn’t clear to me. It is now. You know, I’m not just out to “get you”, you seem to think I am. 

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wasn’t clear to me. It is now. You know, I’m not just out to “get you”, you seem to think I am. 

Well i don't officially think that you are. But as i just touched on with my response in a different thread. I often have to ask myself what your motivation is behind a lot of your posts lol 

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Should be the league's new slogan.

I've said it a million times (as have others) and I'll say it again:

Hockey is the BEST sport on the planet run by the WORST league in professional sports.

Idk...MLB is a pretty big mess itself. They can’t even get out of their own way right now to work something out to start playing. Add in the strikes, steroids era, declining interest among younger sports fans, etc. I’m not sure I’d say the NHL is any worse as far as how it’s run. 

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i don't officially think that you are. But as i just touched on with my response in a different thread. I often have to ask myself what your motivation is behind a lot of your posts lol 

I’ll have to remember that they don’t have ball breaking where you’re from. 

Do they have it in Montreal?

;) 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll have to remember that they don’t have ball breaking where you’re from. 

Do they have it in Montreal?

;) 

I'm not saying i'm against it lol i'm a ballbreaker myself. I just said i had to wonder about your motivation at times cause it was certainly not trying to understand what people are saying lol 

My motivation is pretty easy to break down:

85% of the time breaking balls. 

5% Almost

5% I didn’t read everything you said.

2% I didn’t read anything you said

2% Valid opinion

1% Montreal

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to be interesting to see if the Devils end up doing something like this for the the 20-21 season, the New York Giants are apparently doing this and it's really quite big news. Makes me think they either think that the season will absolutely not be played in front of fans or may not even happen at all... 

"We are offering all season ticket members the ability to take a year off from buying their season tickets.  If you decide to do this, you will have no obligation to pay for your season tickets this year – we will take them back into our inventory and we will see you in 2021"

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Going to be interesting to see if the Devils end up doing something like this for the the 20-21 season, the New York Giants are apparently doing this and it's really quite big news. Makes me think they either think that the season will absolutely not be played in front of fans or may not even happen at all... 

"We are offering all season ticket members the ability to take a year off from buying their season tickets.  If you decide to do this, you will have no obligation to pay for your season tickets this year – we will take them back into our inventory and we will see you in 2021"

Makes sense.  Most organizations should/may do this.

Also, not sure what thread it belongs in and didn't see it posted anywhere else, but Vegas and Vancouver have been decided as the two host cities.  Kinda weird that Vegas was chosen for the Eastern Conference since it's very much a western city, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Makes sense.  Most organizations should/may do this.

Also, not sure what thread it belongs in and didn't see it posted anywhere else, but Vegas and Vancouver have been decided as the two host cities.  Kinda weird that Vegas was chosen for the Eastern Conference since it's very much a western city, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

It's exactly what I've been asking for so I'm hoping it can happen here and I'll be back for the 21-22 season. 

I saw that Vegas and Vancouver were the two front runners but haven't seen it officially announced yet. 

• Like 1