Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I hardly noticed him. Didn't seem to be much of a factor in the game.

Agreed.

What I really care about is that the 1st round pick can't be lottery now so NJ gets it. Also, the 3rd round pick NJ got becomes a second if Hall re-signs or they win a playoff series. If BOTH happen it becomes a 2021 1st ...so we're one step closer to that as well.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2

Stupid fvckin Hynes!

Goodbye, Quinn, Goodbye chance for two top 9 Players, Goodbye any great opportunity this draft can open for us. Ahhggrrr how mad  i am. I`m understand i can`t ask anything here, but how close we were to absolutely biggest step in modern history of franchise. Hope ketchup never has a job in NHL. hm... or hc of rangers.

If pens or/and edm will lose their series - arizona`s pick will be lower and lower.

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Stupid fvckin Hynes!

Goodbye, Quinn, Goodbye chance for two top 9 Players, Goodbye any great opportunity this draft can open for us. Ahhggrrr how mad  i am. I`m understand i can`t ask anything here, but how close we were to absolutely biggest step in modern history of franchise. Hope ketchup never has a job in NHL. hm... or hc of rangers.

If pens or/and edm will lose their series - arizona`s pick will be lower and lower.

I’m going to be honest, I have zero clue how the draft order is determined this season other than the lottery winner gets #1...

Just now, jagknife said:

I’m going to be honest, I have zero clue how the draft order is determined this season other than the lottery winner gets #1...

Arizona will have worser pick than montreal and chicago(i dont talk about cases when someone of them will be in cof finals). And now pens and edm have real chances to be in lottery 8. So now we have Bottom 8, Lottery 8 and mont vs chico. It`s a 19th pick!!! 

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Arizona will have worser pick than montreal and chicago(i dont talk about cases when someone of them will be in cof finals). And now pens and edm have real chances to be in lottery 8. So now we have Bottom 8, Lottery 8 and mont vs chico. It`s a 19th pick!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

ok. will see. i`m understand that dabsolutely differently than Corey. 

And i dont believe that they can win their  first playoff round

I think what he’s getting at is BEST case for the Hall trade is they win the next round, and Hall stays, then we get a ‘21 first pick and our pick from them this year is that.

EDIT: If they win a round, the best the pick would be is 23rd, right? (31-8 remaining teams = 23)

Edited by jagknife

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think what he’s getting at is BEST case for the Hall trade is they win the next round, and Hall stays, then we get a ‘21 first pick and our pick from them this year is that.

EDIT: If they win a round, the best the pick would be is 23rd, right? (31-8 remaining teams = 23)

I can`t talk surely, but as i understand pick will be 17-19 or bottom 4 if they will play in conf final/sc final.  I can`t garantee it. Hope someone will explain better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Pittsburgh now has a 12.5% chance of first overall. You know what's coming. Crosby paired up with Lafernier . 

I’ll take it if it means Laf doesn’t go to the Rags. I mean, it would still suck, don’t get me wrong- but it’s still waaaay preferable to the Rags getting the pick.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

So what do you get for owning a share of a horse?  I like throwing some dough at them when I have a chance but it's foreign to me.  Do you get a percentage of money from wins?  Or from breeding?  Pardon my ignorance.

Yep, both.  I get a % of whatever the horse wins based on the % that I own.  In most races a horse will take home 60% for first place, so in a race with purse of $60,000, first would get the horse's owners $36,000, and if I owned say 10% of the horse, I'd get $3,600.  Not too shabby.  Now, that would be assuming of course that A) the horse wins, and B ) the race had a pretty decent purse (60K is quite good).  Horses that just aren't very good, or those that haven't gotten their first win, will enter "maiden" races which have really low purses, sometimes $14,000 for example, where 60% is only $8,400, and 10% of that is a mere $840, and again that's assuming the horse wins. It puts a lot of emphasis on getting involved in a stable that really knows what to look for when buying horses, and subsequently the staff that they have to support and train the horses.  When I was looking to join one there were a lot of options, though I was limited with what I could afford and therefore had to choose a group that had offerings within my budget, however I do believe I got with a good group who is knowledgeable, and cares about their owners, as well as the horses.  

In terms of the breeding, I do get a % of any offspring the horse produces which then gets sold as a racehorse, however I'm so far in the infancy of my journey that I haven't gotten to that point yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll take it if it means Laf doesn’t go to the Rags. I mean, it would still suck, don’t get me wrong- but it’s still waaaay preferable to the Rags getting the pick.

I feel like he just has to go to the Rags. Its just fitting for this poo sandwich of a year/season

26 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

I used to like Price before he had that epic temper tantrum on Palms' backside 

Wow, what the fvck.  I sort of remember that after seeing the video, but somehow I forgot, which is surprising given how crazy it is.  I'm glad some of our guys came to Palms' defense, but they really should have decked Price, because he was just unloading on Kyle. 

I also don't really get the love for Price - I mean, what has the guy really done?  You can easily make the argument that his team has held him back of the years, which I won't deny, but part of being an "elite" goalie which so many people claim he is, is the ability the steal games as a netminder, and bail your team out in front of you, if they are in fact sub-par.

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow, what the fvck.  I sort of remember that after seeing the video, but somehow I forgot, which is surprising given how crazy it is.  I'm glad some of our guys came to Palms' defense, but they really should have decked Price, because he was just unloading on Kyle. 

I also don't really get the love for Price - I mean, what has the guy really done?  You can easily make the argument that his team has held him back of the years, which I won't deny, but part of being an "elite" goalie which so many people claim he is, is the ability the steal games as a netminder, and bail your team out in front of you, if they are in fact sub-par.

Ya and ironically, of all people it was Lovejoy coming to his defense 😅

• Like 1