The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I sincerely hope not. Holtby has looked washed for quite a while. 

Yeah I don’t get that. He hasn’t really been effective, at least not as he used to be, since 2017. 

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d rather have Ullmark, but that could work, too. 

That’s the guy I would be targeting also. Coming off a $2.6m contract, we have plenty of room to give him a very nice but still affordable raise. 

And I don’t care if that means Blackwood gets a little less time, a 1A/1B situation is preferable to me anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If i'm Fitz i'm looking at Mrazek.

If we can land Hamilton AND mrazek. We're really hurting the Canes. Who. 1. are in our division and 2. fvck the Canes.

Good move!
I dont want to trade for Holtby. Only if they will give us compensation. Holtby+Quinn for Smith and i`m ok. =-D

Edited by Guadana

I'm trying to manage expectations knowing that Hamilton would help us tremendously to take a step forward now. 

But also knowing that his contract might get ugly by the end and that he's actually not THE ideal guy for the job, we'd need someone a bit better defensively like a true top 2way dman. But that's the kind of risk you gotta make when you can't grow that talent or started from scratch like we did.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea just curious when the official word is going to happen. 

I don't think we'll get official word until the initial UFA frenzy is over. I feel like last year it came late, but then again I was literally unpacking my family's entire life in the new house while wife corralled the minions.

12 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I don't think we'll get official word until the initial UFA frenzy is over. I feel like last year it came late, but then again I was literally unpacking my family's entire life in the new house while wife corralled the minions.

EF9DDAAA-9AE9-4376-8D35-09054BA68C24.gif

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Friedman predicts Hamilton AND Tarasenko to NJ. (tarasenko he said either NJ / NYI)

plz

i doubt the islanders can fit Tarasenko once Lou Sign Parise to a 6 years / 50m contract

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1