The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Just for the hell of it, I checked out the 2012 team. With Zajac retired, only 3 or 4 players from that team remain in the NHL depending on if Greene is on a wacky secret contract thing with Lou. And 5 others are playing in Europe or the KHL. 

Andy Greene signed with the Isles for 1 year at $750K for 21-22 season.

So, i'm sure Fitz has an open offer for Taransenko that is pretty cheap and not willing to give more. So now that the Islanders are likely out for sure. Who knows, if the situation in St-Louis doesn't get better and that they have to move him. We may get him for dirt cheap and worth the gamble.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So, i'm sure Fitz has an open offer for Taransenko that is pretty cheap and not willing to give more. So now that the Islanders are likely out for sure. Who knows, if the situation in St-Louis doesn't get better and that they have to move him. We may get him for dirt cheap and worth the gamble.

With the cap room we have, if St Louis is against the wall we are in prime position to get him without giving up much. Definitely worth a shot. 

41 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It sounds like Tarasenko and STL will have a  truce of sorts to let him play and rebuild his value before a deal is made. He ain’t moving before the season.

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

We have 10 days before our first pre-season game and it sure as hell looks like there won't be any covid protocols that actually matter. Our front office and ownership is embarrassing. 

My guess is they are trying to wrangle up everyone they're able to sell ticket packages/season tix to, then right before the season starts they'll announce protocols and deal with the fallout

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 4:17 PM, Crisis said:

You can watch it here.  Or catch the podcast on Spotify or wherever else you listen to podcasts.

Awesome thank you. Something to listen to as I build my models

On 9/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, MB3 said:

chico was more..... fun, though? he was so goofy and he brought levity to the broadcasts. 

my main issue with dano is his “OH NOOOO” yells. salt in the wound when a big opportunity is squandered or a big goal is scored against us.

Why?

It's exactly what I do?  lol     

I love Dano on the broadcast