Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

3 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Okay...then... I am thinking of adding Covid vaccine choice to the list of no go topics on this area of the forums.

Hell No Go Topics:

Politics

Jersey Authenticity

Sterio's love of Lou / PK.

Covid Vaccine.

is that like... ranked in order of "No Go'ness"? 

Edited by SterioDesign

8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Mercer has been a huge, huge surprise to me.  I knew he was a legit prospect and would probably get a look, but no way did I think he'd look this good and pretty much force his way onto the roster.

i've honestly been more impressed with Mercer than Hischier so far since camp

17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Was kinda hoping for more from Foote but again... 20 years old.  Plenty of time.

Soon to be 21.  Not that he's old (and he only has 24 AHL and 6 NHL games to date under his belt), but he's the kind of guy who can sink down a depth chart rather quickly by the time he's 23 or so, with some of the more dynamic/higher upside talent currently here.  

Foote looks like a talented quite smart player, but his slowness ruin everything. 
Okhotiuk was much better than Bahl in preseason, that is not surprise, but I don`t think he is ready enough for NHL. All three did play minimum AHL\NHL games and have plenty of time to develop. On the other hand Clarke is in much worser situation. Devils use Bratt, Yegor and Janne on the right side time from time to time.  And Holtz with Mercer are lookin more NHL ready. Clarke doesnt look like a player who can be usefool bottom player. 

56 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Was kinda hoping for more from Foote but again... 20 years old.  Plenty of time.

He missed over a year of hockey due to covid shutdown and a lengthy injury. Let him get valuable ice time in Utica. If he can improve his skating he’s got the tools to be a solid NHL’er down the road.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Wise move to let our Bahls keep developing

Our last Bahl has dropped. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Soon to be 21.  Not that he's old (and he only has 24 AHL and 6 NHL games to date under his belt), but he's the kind of guy who can sink down a depth chart rather quickly by the time he's 23 or so, with some of the more dynamic/higher upside talent currently here.  

1 hour ago, devlman said:

He missed over a year of hockey due to covid shutdown and a lengthy injury. Let him get valuable ice time in Utica. If he can improve his skating he’s got the tools to be a solid NHL’er down the road.

He’ll never be a great NHL player. I doubt he’ll even be a good one. 

Edited by mfitz804