GDT: Devils @ Flyers 12/14 7pm

Nicomo

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was planning on taking my daughter to the 12/19 and 12/31 games, but I’m definitely reconsidering.  This is expansion-team quality at the moment. 

I’m going Thursday night to celebrate the end of my work year (my last day of the year is Thursday, and then I’m off until 1/4). I will be sure to drink more beer than usual to ease the pain of what I’m likely to witness on the ice. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I meant going to games. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t bought any tickets and I am saying it’s because of Covid, but I’m not sure it is. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’m going Thursday night to celebrate the end of my work year (my last day of the year is Thursday, and then I’m off until 1/4). I will be sure to drink more beer than usual to ease the pain if what I’m likely to witness on the ice. 

Don’t do that, save your money for a new hat in case someone scores 3 goals lol. 

• Haha 1

Someone put a Devils player in place of that dog taking a huge sh!t at center ice because we just did it for 60 minutes 

More like the Flyers took a sh!t on them. 

The team has been bad for years. My point stands!

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I got into hockey in the early 90s and it wasn’t until YouTube was around that I got to see how different the game was back in the 50s-70s. I was able to find a bunch of 80’s highlight tapes though, those were some wild years. 

At least you did your homework though. The history of the game is important to know. You have to appreciate each era for what they were. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m going Thursday night to celebrate the end of my work year (my last day of the year is Thursday, and then I’m off until 1/4). I will be sure to drink more beer than usual to ease the pain of what I’m likely to witness on the ice. 

I think I’m going next Thursday when we make the annual trip up to NY.

please none of you report me for child abuse for taking the boys…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

48B85296-2704-4532-AB94-579E4311017B.jpeg

Maybe if he adds “PLEASE” to the bottom…

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, point said:

Sorry posters here, but "(insert any particular Devils player) sucks" , or "the coaches suck" is neither informative, or entertaining. Repetitive comments add quantitatively but not qualitatively to the conversation. We are all watching the same games and witness the same performances and outcomes. I understand the frustrations you and I share. We have seen brilliant players wearing Devils uniforms with incredible success. Yes, the franchise is wandering in the desert right now. 

But don't exhaust me with your angst, irritation, and impatience. Get a grip. We are all going through this together. Don't think you are alone.

36 minutes ago, StarDew said:

And people have the right to  say what they feel even if it's not according to your rules. I wonder what most of you would do with all your time if you couldn't bitch and moan. I am struggling to get my kidneys to stop failing, come here for a respite and it is anything but.

I get it because I watch sports as a way to hopefully decompress from the grind of the day but tonight just feels different.   This isn’t just overreacting as a fan of a young inconsistent team and deciding to bitch about it.  This is literally embarrassing.   We’re all watching most of our important young assets regress yet again after a decade of futility.  Worse yet, it’s against the only team we’ve been able to beat since mid November.   

We do this because it’s supposed to be enjoyable but I can not think of a single positive thing to say about what I just saw.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I got into hockey in the early 90s and it wasn’t until YouTube was around that I got to see how different the game was back in the 50s-70s. I was able to find a bunch of 80’s highlight tapes though, those were some wild years. 

The 80s still saw some of those seemingly “everybody vs. everybody” brawls…those 300-400 penalty minute games.  And goons who would rack up 300 or so penalty minutes for a season.  Some crazy games back then.  

• Like 1

That was an utterly apathetic performance from front to back. I can't think of any player that stood out for a positive reason. Yet again, the PP couldn't find the net and gives up another shorty. I'm not sure what's out there on the coaching market, but FFS get someone else in until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The 80s still saw some of those seemingly “everybody vs. everybody” brawls…those 300-400 penalty minute games.  And goons who would rack up 300 or so penalty minutes for a season.  Some crazy games back then.  

I remember the Devils Rangers playoff bench clear in 1992, I think the last one before it was an automatic suspension to leave the bench. Absolutely insane. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I remember the Devils Rangers playoff bench clear in 1992, I think the last one before it was an automatic suspension to leave the bench. Absolutely insane. 

Heh heh that’s when Terreri told a very young Brodeur that he had to get in there, and somehow he wound up grabbing Joey Kocur, who Brodeur said turned to him and muttered quietly (but firmly) “Let me go.”  Marty let him go.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

image.gif.e49b4759f7efeefde16a6940e6e576b9.gif

Good to see Fitz out and about…why is he dressed up like Kevin Bacon in Animal House though?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I recently posted that it looks like the Devils won’t have more wins than last year, all of 19.  Someone thought that was insane, for a second I believed them, not so sure I do anymore.

They’ll probably wind up with 30 or so.  Which out of 82 is still really bad.