GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+, MSG

MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Jack is 27th in the league in Points per game so far. (he's 28th really but Ryan Ellis is like 13th but only played 4 games)

And jack is by far the youngest of the bunch. Most players in the top like 50 are at least 23 and up

• Like 2

Among the fun parts of this night for me (first let me sketch the background):

Down 2-0, Rangers looking like a hockey team, Devils in near-full-on Bad News Bears mode…the Ranger fans I went to the game with clearly thought this was going to be an easy win…and I’m not gonna lie and say that I had a lot of faith at that point.

My Rag fans guests:

Leading 2-1:  Well, ok

Tied 2-2:  huh?

Down 3-2:  Wtf?

Down 4-2:  Are you KIDDING?!

Down 5-2:  WHAT?!

They were PISSED…not at me or my daughter of course, just at the circumstances.  (And I loved EVERY goddamn second of their misery).  Told them that no Devils lead is ever truly safe…so glad that they didn’t wind up blowing it.

And yeah, we saw it again…this team DOES score…and it feels like they’re doing it almost entirely on raw talent alone, because god knows this “coaching” staff has no idea what it’s trying to do, as far as putting any kind of system in place.  Now it’s about finding ways to stop the other team from scoring as much as they often do.  But at least in spite of another crappy record, one part of the equation is on its way to being reasonably solved.  That does represent progress.

And loved the mass exodus of Ranger fans who left at 7-3.  Yeah, fvck all ya all!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Well that’s a pretty damn good group. Jack already has almost a 100 point head start on the greatest Devils forward of all time. Elias had a grand total of 5 points before his age 21 season (first full year). 

If Jack stays relatively healthy throughout his career, he has a very good chance to be the best forward we’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My Rag fans guests:

Leading 2-1:  Well, ok

Tied 2-2:  huh?

Down 3-2:  Wtf?

Down 4-2:  Are you KIDDING?!

Down 5-2:  WHAT?!

They were PISSED…

Good. I hope they were fvcking miserable (I know they’re your friends, but they are Rag fans, so I can show no mercy 😁).

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Good. I hope they were fvcking miserable (I know they’re your friends, but they are Rag fans, so I can show no mercy 😁).

Oh they got the full “YOU SUCK!” treatment with every single Devils goal.  I don’t usually partake in that, but I sure did tonight.  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh they got the full “YOU SUCK!” treatment with every single Devils goal.  I don’t usually partake in that, but I sure did tonight.  

I usually don’t either but I would have too. So much frustration came out tonight finally beating these guys after 8 straight losses

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I truly believe that Jack will score 30 this season. And thats while missing 20 games and dealing with that injury. Truly incredible

And Bratt will likely do it too

We could also end up with 5 players with 20+ goals. Jack and Bratt are already there, Nico is at 17, and Mercer & Sharongovich are both at 16. With 19 games to go. When’s the last time the Devils had 5 20 goal scorers in a season? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We could also end up with 5 players with 20+ goals. Jack and Bratt are already there, Nico is at 17, and Mercer & Sharongovich are both at 16. With 19 games to go. When’s the last time the Devils had 5 20 goal scorers in a season? 

I’m going to guess one of the early 2000s teams with the A Line

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

2000-2001 was the big year. We had 7 20 goals scorer. And 2 40 goals scorers.

Mogilny (43), Elias (40), Sykora (35), Brylin (23), McKay (23), Madden (23), Arnott (21)

2008-2009 we had 5 20 goals scorers

Parise (45), Elias (31), Langenbrunner (29), Zajac (20), Gionta (20)

2011-2012 we had 5 20 goals scorers and was the last time, surprisingly.

Kovy (37), Parise (31), Clarkson (30), Elias (26), Sykora (21)

• Like 2

I don't think the Devils have ever had a player like Hughes. He's unbelievable. He scores highlight reel goals that leave fans with their mouths open.

The explosive speed combined with his skating and skill make him scary. What an exciting player. I can't hate on him. He is fun to watch. The move he put on both Lindgren and Reaves to whip the backhand past Georgiev was awesome. 

I already consider him a superstar. Not even 20. He still has to get better defensively. But who didn't at that age. Great player. 

The Rangers played lousy. They paid for it. The Devils have a good offense. If they can fix the goaltending and improve the defense, they'll be dangerous in the future. Luke Hughes is a stud. 

I thought Daws made some big saves when his team was down two. The Rangers could've led by more. They made too many mistakes. The rookie goalie played well. 

17 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Btw played against men is at 54. Not that anyone’s counting…

But according to Valiquette, "played against men" is not only more exciting, he's bigger, stronger, and faster than Jack. And he'll be better in the long run.

Aka the player who dominated a "cup contender" team isn't going to be as good as someone who can't even come close to scoring on the Devils' fourth string goalie.

Edited by nessus
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

I don't think the Devils have ever had a player like Hughes. He's unbelievable. He scores highlight reel goals that leave fans with their mouths open.

The explosive speed combined with his skating and skill make him scary. What an exciting player. I can't hate on him. He is fun to watch. The move he put on both Lindgren and Reaves to whip the backhand past Georgiev was awesome. 

I already consider him a superstar. Not even 20. He still has to get better defensively. But who didn't at that age. Great player. 

The Rangers played lousy. They paid for it. The Devils have a good offense. If they can fix the goaltending and improve the defense, they'll be dangerous in the future. Luke Hughes is a stud. 

I thought Daws made some big saves when his team was down two. The Rangers could've led by more. They made too many mistakes. The rookie goalie played well. 

He’s 21 in less than 2 months, otherwise all of this stuff is right. 

• Like 1