1. 1. What should we do with the pick?

• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

Wanted slafkovsky but didn’t happen but I though one of the two centers would have been worth more in a shorter period of time than this defenseman. And he goes against Fitz and big defenseman agenda. Almost seems a panic pick after Montreal took what we clearly wanted. 

36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dude, c'mon.  Self gloss much?

yeah. But I spent a lot of time, It's nice when you realize that you understand somthing on the regular basis. It's part of my hockey passion. it's interesting and fascinating to me. And the draft is a rare holiday for me, which I have been approaching and preparing for a very long time. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I watched video and read up.

He is playing in a men's league, but a Slovak Men's league which I doubt is about as good as the AHL. He has had 48 pts in 88 games. 26 of those points come from this season over 39 games. The prior 22 are from 49 games he played over 3 seasons. While he does seem to have a decent hockey IQ his skating is average, he has a bad habit of trying to be too fancy and his defense is questionable. 

So his offense has steadily improved then? Isn’t that good? 

As for the fancy thing, he can learn to tone it down. You can’t teach hockey IQ though. 

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

Wanted slafkovsky but didn’t happen but I though one of the two centers would have been worth more in a shorter period of time than this defenseman. And he goes against Fitz and big defenseman agenda. Almost seems a panic pick after Montreal took what we clearly wanted. 

I think they were aware that Montreal was interested in Slaf. A lot of people projected Montreal taking him. It’s safe to say we took who was #2 on our board. 

47 minutes ago, devlman said:

It’s a fact. Can you point out one other poster calling names? 

Also, it’s funny how you’re all about cap management, cost/team control lol. Big 360 lol

I called DevsMan84 a loser a few times already today. So there's that.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

if you believe Carp's ~6 minutes of research after he triple-checked that he definitely got the right guy over literally every single scout, you nailed it! 

You keep saying "He played with men at 15." 

The league he plays in used to be 6th among leagues but has dropped further down the rankings recently.

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

So his offense has steadily improved then? Isn’t that good? 

As for the fancy thing, he can learn to tone it down. You can’t teach hockey IQ though. 

He had 19 points the year before so he's had two good seasons, but two good seasons in a league that has slipped in quality the last few seasons

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think they were aware that Montreal was interested in Slaf. A lot of people projected Montreal taking him. It’s safe to say we took who was #2 on our board. 

I knew we were doomed once Vegas projected slaf as favorite for #1 earlier today. And as far as board I take best available. And nemec is not that. 

20 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

"Elite?" That's a stretch. I know I know he's playing with men....in Slovakia in a league that plays like 40 some games a season and he lit it up getting most of his 48 points this season with one goal and 25 assists. But "elite?" Even with those blazing stats and the talent in professional Slovakian hockey, that's a stretch.

How the hell is it a stretch? If you’re the consensus top 1-2 player at your position out of an entire draft class then you’re an elite prospect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It takes a 15 minute cursory read of this thread to see 10 insults worse than whatever got him all hot and bothered. I think I said "dolt"? 

Lol stating a fact is not being hot and bothered. Don’t remember but it wasn’t just dolt. And I only brought it up as you were certainly the first second and third to do so this discussion since the draft started. 

Edited by devlman

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It takes a 15 minute cursory read of this thread to see 10 insults worse than whatever got him all hot and bothered. I think I said "dolt"? 

I can go back to pages and years worth of insults slung by you to other posters.  Hell I can go back over the past year and the number of insults you have thrown out would be more than my 12 years here put together.  It’s amazing how in over a decade you have only managed to be suspended once.

Like I said before wait until the season starts and you start melting down and name-call in every GDT out there.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Lol stating a fact is not being hot and bothered. Don’t remember but it wasn’t just dolt.

He replied to me today yet again after claiming numerous times he will not interact with me and blah blah blah.

At one point I didn’t post at all for I think it was 7 months.  Guy can’t ignore me for 7 days lol.

Just now, MB3 said:

Hughes-Nemec
Mukhmadulin-Hamilton
Siegenthaler/Graves-Severson

I'm sweating tbh

I wonder if Severson lasts that long, not exaggerating, just wonder if he maintains his current play, some other team might poach at the end of next year cause he'll want more than his current 4.2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How the hell is it a stretch? If you’re the consensus top 1-2 player at your position out of an entire draft class then you’re an elite prospect. 

Elite is a stretch for a player that doesn't necessarily stand out. It's not a deep draft this year so elite is relative. Elite compared to other prospects in this draft or elite because what he brings to the table. I don't think that has been clarified. 

I'm sure the Alexander Daigles and Patrik Stefans were called elite at one time too.

• Like 1