GDT: 12/20/2022 Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00PM EST

MB3

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

he permanently looks like he’s just finished crying and he’s trying not to start crying again. 

he’s always injured or “playing through something”, going through 10-game stretches where he’s invisible. 

he’s a third line center. RNH-2.0. 

Is that supposed to be some big insult? RNH is a really good player. Currently has 38 points in 33 GP. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Is that supposed to be some big insult? RNH is a really good player. Currently has 38 points in 33 GP. 

Please don't suggest we should settle for Nico being RNH.

God help us if that's his true ceiling.

We don't have a McDavid to draw the tough matchups.

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Good effort minus 20 seconds that we wish we could “minus”. 

I agree but so many shots on goal just don’t seem all that dangerous lately.  Still a game for now.

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Lindy likes to plant him in front of the goalie to screen on the top unit and if not the top unit, the second unit. 

Did  you just start watching this team?

My point was, the power play has seemingly been ass since a fourth liner was removed from the lineup. Was he that critical to its success early on?

Work on the reading comprehension bud.

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

It's sooooo rich to hear the biggest baby on this board cry about Hischier being soft. Cry about it more. 

mfitz might be a baby but he’s definitely not the biggest baby on this forum you dick cheese.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

My point was, the power play has seemingly been ass since a fourth liner was removed from the lineup. Was he that critical to its success early on?

Work on the reading comprehension bud.

he can work on the whole “throwing himself into traffic” thing too if he wants. that’s on him tho.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s more funny than anything else. To get upset about it like it’s any indication of his play or compete level is just silly. It’s just his face. 

A72B1912-34F6-42B1-AC4F-B93B124425B7.gif

It's definitely funny, but I'd by lying if I said it also wasn't a little worrisome.  I want my captain to show some mental toughness and not be bothered by every little thing that happens on the ice.  Body language and facial expressions are a thing, and to completely ignore them is unwise.  Not saying it's the gospel, but I think it's worth noticing.  From afar, his reactions seem very much akin to today's youth and how they get upset at the easiest sh!t.  Soft.   Could be his age, but that remains to be seen.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he conjures up some toughness and leadership in the next year or two.  This is also why I'm typically against giving the C to young players.  How can you expect someone to be a good leader when they're inexperienced?  I want my captain to be at least 28 yrs old with a number of seasons under his belt, preferably 30+.  Anything less than that and the guy is basically a child who doesn't know sh!t. 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

he permanently looks like he’s just finished crying and he’s trying not to start crying again. 

he’s always injured or “playing through something”, going through 10-game stretches where he’s invisible. 

he’s a third line center. RNH-2.0. 

Yep.  I like a player who speaks up and gets pissed off, but Nico seems to get annoyed and bothered by just about everything. C'mon man, time and place.  

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Please don't suggest we should settle for Nico being RNH.

God help us if that's his true ceiling

Nico’s ceiling is higher. He has Selkie potential. I already pointed out recently that Bergeron didn’t win his 1st one (of 5 and counting) until his age 26 season. You guys don’t want to hear that though. 

Some of you are too busy pleasuring yourselves to Cale Makar highlights and crying about what we missed out on - instead of being thankful for the very good player we do have. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

Nico’s ceiling is higher. He has Selkie potential. I already pointed out recently that Bergeron didn’t win his 1st one (of 5 and counting) until his age 26 season. You guys don’t want to hear that though. 

Some of you are too busy pleasuring yourselves to Cale Makar highlights and crying about what we missed out on - instead of being thankful for the very good player we do have. 

yay we got a top-10 player from the draft number 1!!!! lucky us!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I mean in fairness I don't come on the board as much as I used to, but I don't think I've seen a ton of folks going down that path recently. Nico was stellar at the start of the year, wasn't he?

I still like Nico a lot as a player, I know I got on him in the last game for letting himself get pushed around like he did and commented on his resting whining face tonight but I'm certainly not declaring myself a hater here.

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

The powerplay hasn't been THAT good, but WOOSH indeed. 

All good, shouldn't have come at ya. Just frustrated with this losing as we all are.