GDT: Filthy @ Devils 7:00pm 2/25

NJDevils1214

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

three stars?  

Siegenthaler 

schmid

hischier

im watching Flyers broadcast from Brigantine so I have no idea who was really selected.   These are guesses since they ain’t telling.   

yep! It was a Swiss dominated night

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

three stars?  

Siegenthaler 

schmid

hischier

im watching Flyers broadcast from Brigantine so I have no idea who was really selected.   These are guesses since they ain’t telling.   

yep! It was a Swiss dominated night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

He had a point tonight. I am Sher-stan reporting for duty. 

I’m bigger on him than most here, but he’s been pretty meh for quite a while now if we’re being honest. Gotta produce when you’re playing with 86 & 63. 

10 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

Carolina loses 3-2 to the Ducks!

And get this…the Ducks were outshot 53-15!  And the Canes had a power play near the end of the game where I’m guessing that they must have pulled their goalie to make it a 6-on-4, but couldn’t tie it up.  This is Miracle On Ice stuff lmao.

What a day to be a Devils fan…they completely decimate a team that really didn’t have much business being on the ice with them (especially down Konecny), the Rangers get waxed, and the Canes have one of those “See, happens to everyone” losses at just the right time.  Those meh first periods are going to have to be addressed at some point, but tonight it’s all good feels.

Way to go Devils!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

He's been much better in the second half than the first half. 

10 G and 7 A in 41 GP in the first half, 2 G and 8 A in 18 GP so far in the second half.  Overall it’s been a very meh kinda year for him…there’s a reason we’re all hoping that Fitz can find a way to bring Meier into the fold…or at the very least, pivot to a secondary option.

We knew that once the team turned the corner, that some guys who were here for the lean years were inevitably going to be left behind or become exposed as guys not quite good enough to stick.  Sharangovich fits that bill.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Time to see if someone wants to take him on as a reclamation project. I hope he figures it out, but  I felt with like Zacha, figure it out somewhere else. 

And there absolutely should be an opportunity (at least one more) for him elsewhere.  But now there’s simply no hope here…it’s been three years of below-average, injury-prone play, and this was supposed to be the year where he needed to prove he was better than that.  And the team is also to the point where they can’t (nor need to) keep crossing their fingers in the hope that certain guys will figure it out.

Between Mac getting hurt yet AGAIN and Schmid notching a shutout (yes, against a team that’s in shambles right now, but still), yesterday’s game felt like the door firmly being slammed shut on the Blackwood era here.  There’s a sadness that comes with that because there very clearly was a time where Mac showed considerable promise, but that’s over now.  Best of luck to Mac wherever he may wind up.  Now let Schmid take the backup job (he’s earned it) and see what he and his .927 save% can do with it.

• Like 1