GDT: Game 4 Devils @ The Bad Guys, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Schmid - 2 GA on 59 shots 

He just makes it look easy. 

He’s been awesome.  Gotta give kidos to Lindy for not doing a Lindy thing and going right back to VV.  VV had a hell of season and won a lot of games for the 2022-23 Devils…it would have been easy to go right back to him, and who knows, maybe it would have worked out.  But sticking with Schmid just felt more “right” in this case.

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just got finished watching…had to wait for my daughter to finish the mountain of homework her teachers buried her under.

Pretty friggin’ awesome to still have my initial prediction (Devils in 6) be alive after those two brutal first games.

Also pretty friggin’ awesome to somehow have two wins with only seven goals scored for this series thus far.

Rangers are making them earn it, and that’s a real good thing…because they might start to see some frustration start to set in before much longer.  It’s not like the Rangers have played badly over the past couple of games…but here they sit having been held to just two goals in a couple of very tight losses.  Hope they start to grip the sticks just a little more tightly.

Very proud of this team.  Those first two games absolutely could’ve shattered some young teams.

Oh, and fvck the Rangers, the Garden, and their dipsh!t inbred fans.  

You know Gallant is about to go more postal than you and I combined following game 2.

I couldn’t be more proud of the guys, and the coaches minus Brunette. The PP has to get going, period.

but Lindy and McGill have them relaxed, and thanks largely to Schmid being a goddamn zen master out there.

Like seriously, a rookie goalie, second playoff game ever, at MSG with the team on his back, let a few shaky moments and a quick goal in the third roll off his damn back like rain off a leaf and settled right back down. His movement is controlled, his rebounds are mostly away where no one can get them, and if he has a goal against, he’s right back to zoned in.

it is beyond commendable

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 5

Just now, Nicomo said:

@Colorado Rockies 1976

You are the GOAT of GDT’s. 

Oh I’ve had my clunkers…but happy to see that maybe the purple bar still has one last flicker of power left…I’ll take all the help that I can get!

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Weekes "name a top 9 in the league better than the Rangers, you can't" 

He's been a goof a lot lately, I didn't care for him yapping about the fans in Toronto yelling at the Tampa guy in the box either, some bs about you guys aren't in the lineup, don't be so invested. fvck outta here with that. 

I unfollowed him on Twitter a while ago. He’s wrong about half the time, and really started getting on my nerves. 

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I’ve had my clunkers…but happy to see that maybe the purple bar still has one last flicker of power left…I’ll take all the help that I can get!

Dude you had the 13 game heater and are now 2-0 in the playoffs. 

No one else even comes close. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • EvilHeart 2

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Gallant's post-game is fvcking rooough. lmao. It seems like they are all just shrugging their shoulders over there. 

What’s he saying?

So everyone who went to either Game 1, Game 2, or one or the other…

DON’T GO!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Weekes "name a top 9 in the league better than the Rangers, you can't" 

He's been a goof a lot lately, I didn't care for him yapping about the fans in Toronto yelling at the Tampa guy in the box either, some bs about you guys aren't in the lineup, don't be so invested. fvck outta here with that. 

I didn’t have a problem with that statement…  on name alone, the Rangers are stacked with Zibanajad, Panarin, Kreider, Tarasenko, Kane, Trocheck, and then toss in the kid line of Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil…  

but they were standing still and losing all the puck battles, which was his point.

• Like 1

This team has surprised us all season and bounced back from bad games. After taking a real pasting in the first two games they've not let their heads drop, they've battled back and tied the series. Great win tonight. Hats off to the D, they played fantastically and, I have to say, well done to the coaching staff for turning this around. 

Now let's freakin' go and get the series lead!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Schmid is so calm and unemotional. It’s amazing. My wife is assuming he’s a serial killer. 

Doing a hell of a job killing Rangers scoring opportunities 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Shocking 1
  • EvilHeart 1

2 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I didn’t have a problem with that statement…  on name alone, the Rangers are stacked with Zibanajad, Panarin, Kreider, Tarasenko, Kane, Trocheck, and then toss in the kid line of Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil…  

but they were standing still and losing all the puck battles, which was his point.

fvck em, my favorite Weekes moment is Madden scoring the short handed goal on him in 2006 

• EvilHeart 2