2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

No idea what caused it, but I do wonder if the inability to convert scoring chances is part of the reason for the chronic overpassing during power plays.  Does the pull-down menu show trends for 5-on-5 versus power play action?

Yep, here is 5v5 and 5v4:

5v5

image.thumb.png.e699ae7c569751d2b8df37d556c8c288.png

5v4 (PP)

image.thumb.png.629b9dfff1cfefbcdfaa54a1ae34c1f8.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Thank you.  The offense is such a mess.  Green deserved to follow Lindy out the door for fvcking up the PP, but someone has to coach the team.

Yeah for sure…we know the deal with Groan.  He might be asked to take a hike right when the season’s final horn sounds.  As in right then.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah for sure…we know the deal with Groan.  He might be asked to take a hike right when the season’s finally horn sounds.  As in right then.

Fine by me, no reason to waste time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

I lived in Savannah for a year, hockey doesn't even exist to people in GA. Like there are no scores in the papers or games in the bars. Smaller cities with more hockey fans would be way better.

How dare you besmirch the Savannah Ghost Pirates! :P

image.jpeg.205633a0a4dc184d4069f77ec04cf695.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

How dare you besmirch the Savannah Ghost Pirates! :P

image.jpeg.205633a0a4dc184d4069f77ec04cf695.jpeg

Huh, that is cool. Damn wish they were there when I lived in Savannah. Maybe savannah should get an NHL Shot! Plenty of affluent suburbs around there.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:01 PM, ButlerBulldog said:

As much as I’d love to have another NHL city close by for when the Devils visit, I just don’t see Atlanta as a viable option.  It’s just not a hockey city, and there’s no shame in acknowledging that, but there would be shame in allowing a third team in the area only to see it fail within ten years.

I'm with you. My son lives in Decatur and it would be really cool to catch a Devils-Atlanta game with him. But there are more deserving cities. Ace is barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Torts (suspended) is somewhere screaming about this.

Omg, can you imagine him circling the fvcking sticks on the ice with a fvcking sharpie. 

"WTF IS THIS, I SEE 1, 2, 3 STICKS ON THE EFFING ICE? DID YOU BREAK IT OR DID YOU TOSS IT?!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If Buffalo wakes up and the Wings sh!t the bed on that WC spot I'm going to be pissed.

The Devils have one more game with Buffalo, but I believe the remainder of their schedule is more difficult, so it’s certainly possible the Sabers sneak in.

22 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So I’m hoping for the Wings to beat the islanders in regulation today, since the islanders have fewer games player but both are tied in points.

no three point game…

I thought the Wings were playing the Sabers today.

37 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I thought the Wings were playing the Sabers today.

25 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This checks out…and they get the Pens tomorrow.   

Yeah idk what the hell I was looking at…

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Have Another Donut said:

Icelanders with another garbage point. Tied it in the last minute and lost in OT.    Lots of rag fans in Pitt today.  Pens frontrunners staying away now....lol

The Devils need to win to keep pace with Detroit and to jump over Buffalo and gain ground on the Islanders.