2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

So only 12 games left, against a lot of "repeat" opponents.

Three vs. the Leafs

Two vs. the Sens

Two vs. the Isles

One each against the Rangers, Pens, Predators, Flyers, and Sabres

Like everyone else, would love to see the Devils pull off the highly improbably, just very hard to make much of a case for it. 

Cross your fingers TIGHTLY that the buzzsaw of a road trip that the Red Wings are about to embark upon beats them up.  And hope that the second game of that trip (against the Caps) doesn't result in a three-pointer.

The Wings end that trip by coming home to face the Rangers...gonna have to root for the blowshirts that night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

There may not be a more fun human being than Chico Resch.

I ran into him in the hotel bar/restaurant in Tampa after a Devils game years ago and I love the fact that he’s just as fun and likable in person.   Such a great dude.   

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 3

10 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Of course, and Flyers beat the Bruins today.

The 2023-24 Devils, summed up in one sentence:

“Oh look, here’s the slightest of a glimmer of a hope, maybe…just maybe…NOPE”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The 2023-24 Devils, summed up in one sentence:

“Oh look, here’s the slightest of a glimmer of a hope, maybe…just maybe…NOPE”

That is absolutely true.  Even though I would say I had no hope prior to the game last night, as a fan, I can’t help but to have the tiniest bit of hope.  Especially, after two solid wins.  When the Devils went ahead 2-1, I thought to myself, “Damn!  They might actually get on a heater and make the playoffs!”  Well, then they give up 3, go down by 2 and that was it.

• Angry 2

11 hours ago, Have Another Donut said:

Wow what happened to the Jets?  Fell off a cliff this week.  They looked unbeatable a few weeks ago.

Was wondering the same thing, they’re getting plowed by a bunch of sh!t teams, us being one of them 🤣

54 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Was wondering the same thing, they’re getting plowed by a bunch of sh!t teams, us being one of them 🤣

Teams sometimes have surprising lil' slumps, seemingly out of nowhere.

The Jets were 14-5-0 before this slump...before that 14-5-0 run, they had gone 0-4-1.  I'd be surprised if they didn't recover. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:33 PM, ButlerBulldog said:

There may not be a more fun human being than Chico Resch.

He is literally a national treasure. Must be protected at all costs. 

"CHICO YOU CAN'T LEAVE!....... You forgot your nachos." 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • EvilHeart 4

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

Really?!

Moneypuck has the Devils with an 8.5% chance.

The Athletic has them even lower at 3%. As nice as that Isles game was, they really fvcked themselves by laying an egg vs Ottawa on Saturday. Ugh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nmigliore said:

The Athletic has them even lower at 3%. As nice as that Isles game was, they really fvcked themselves by laying an egg vs Ottawa on Saturday. Ugh.

The losses to Arizona and Las Vegas last weekend didn’t help either.  This team has fvcked itself in so many ways.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The losses to Arizona and Las Vegas last weekend didn’t help either.  This team has fvcked itself in so many ways.

Yeah, it's been said before, but if the season ends with us on the outside looking in like it looks like it might, there will be plenty of games to point to on the schedule as missed opportunities. 

With that said, if we can somehow win tomorrow, we have a few days off where things could get really interesting. 

Flyers could lose to the Rags, Caps could lose to the Wings (in regulation), then on Thursday Isles could lose to the Panthers, Wings to the Canes, and caps to the Leafs. Is it asking a lot? Yes. But is any of that unreasonable or improbable? Not really, no.

Would make Friday's game against Buffalo almost certainly do or die for both teams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, it's been said before, but if the season ends with us on the outside looking in like it looks like it might, there will be plenty of games to point to on the schedule as missed opportunities. 

With that said, if we can somehow win tomorrow, we have a few days off where things could get really interesting. 

Flyers could lose to the Rags, Caps could lose to the Wings (in regulation), then on Thursday Isles could lose to the Panthers, Wings to the Canes, and caps to the Leafs. Is it asking a lot? Yes. But is any of that unreasonable or improbable? Not really, no.

Would make Friday's game against Buffalo almost certainly do or die for both teams.

Sounds like a parlay bet in the making! :D 

20 hours ago, Have Another Donut said:

Wow what happened to the Jets?  Fell off a cliff this week.  They looked unbeatable a few weeks ago.

Joe Namath retir.........

oops, sorry, wrong Jets. 

• Haha 1