2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he has 25 goals. ‘Nauseating’ is a little dramatic. 

26 goals, but I agree, the 2023-24 version of Toffoli isn't really 'nauseating'.

BUT if he suddenly falls to 25 G per 82 GP in seasons to come, yeah, given that he really doesn't bring much else, that's not really enough from a guy like him.  He already gets criticized on here even at a 34 G per 82 GP pace.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Oh NOW we all of a sudden care about the exact precise usage of our words when complaining about players…give me a break.

C'mon, no one's giving you a hard time about this...just a mild disagreement.  If anything I think we all agree that if the goals ever dip much below what they were last season and this, then he's not going to be able to do enough to offset that.

Smith, now many nights I find THAT guy nauseating.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Devils01 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/the-smokehouse-the-undercooked-devils~2880218

3 minute video from TSN about Fitz, the team and most importantly the goaltending issues. 

When TSN is talking a lot About the devils which you don’t see often you know there’s a problem

Clear as day in May.

Clear as day all season.

Blame Lindy all you want.

But Button and pretty much everyone who follows the league for a living knows it was, has been, and remains the goaltending.

24 minutes ago, smelly said:

Clear as day in May.

Clear as day all season.

Blame Lindy all you want.

But Button and pretty much everyone who follows the league for a living knows it was, has been, and remains the goaltending.

Burton blamed Fitz as the biggest problem though….

…. for his lack of doing anything for the goaltending. lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This last sentence is at least a bit encouraging 

Price should be high. We have what other teams want and it’s a seller’s market. Come correct or don’t come at all. 

• Like 2

Erm, no thank you.

yell season 3 GIF

Edit: Just seen this was in another thread, so I am very late to the game, but my post still stands.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Price should be high. We have what other teams want and it’s a seller’s market. Come correct or don’t come at all. 

Yeah Fitz can come out of this starting to get the more disgruntled fans to back off…not completely until they see what he does next, but maybe a little.

• Like 3

Seravalli: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Marek: "Avs will for sure bring in a goaltender with a good number of games under their belt. They're not done yet."

Fitz -- WHERE ART THOU????

18 minutes ago, smelly said:

Seravalli: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Marek: "Avs will for sure bring in a goaltender with a good number of games under their belt. They're not done yet."

Fitz -- WHERE ART THOU????

Back to the cave, he made his appearance this week.

• Vomiting 1

So Dawson started the season with no points in his first 10 games of the season...and now has just one point in his last 10 games.  Was really hoping that he would become more steady/consistent offensively this season...hopefully next year.  

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So Dawson started the season with no points in his first 10 games of the season...and now has just one point in his last 10 games.  Was really hoping that he would become more steady/consistent offensively this season...hopefully next year.  

He’s another one who will probably not be here much longer if we want a real goalie.