2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, smelly said:

Oilers want Miller. Fitz not impressed with offer so far. 

He should offer them Smith

9 minutes ago, capo said:

A pair of McDavid's gloves should do 

Autographed though, preferably

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smelly said:

Canes heavy in on him too. 

I personally don’t see Fitz moving him in the division unless it’s for the mother lode. Which it won’t be. 

Vegas, WIN, VAN among those snooping, each seems more likely to me than any Metro. 

They wouldn’t do it for Tof straight up, but I’d take Logan Thompson in a heartbeat here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

They wouldn’t do it for Tof straight up, but I’d take Logan Thompson in a heartbeat here.

I would too. But I doubt LV would since he is an extremely cheap and competent backup G, and VGK need to squeeze every penny given their typical TDL aggression (again). 

Edited by smelly

This is consistent with everything I’ve been told about TT. 

Guetzel is their top choice, but each of these teams is prepared to move on to TT as soon as it becomes clear that JG is no longer an option. 

Despite reports, when I asked I was told that LAK in it but still a huge long shot. I’m told WIN more likely than LAK. 

So root for a JG trade soon, and then that Fitz manages a potential bidding war well. 

No one answering any of my questions re G. Smoke?

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, smelly said:

If TT heads to Van, keep an eye on Vasily Podkolzin and Arturs Silovs . . . 

Silvos would make it three goalies in the system under 25 with little to no experience for Rogalski to ruin.

If this happens, I’d really want Fitz to get grilled by Novo on what the hell his real plan would be, cause no way I’d let DR have yet another person to ruin.

6 hours ago, smelly said:

If TT heads to Van, keep an eye on Vasily Podkolzin and Arturs Silovs . . . 

Yeah Podkolzin played in his first game of the season the other night after getting called up. A showcase for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah 4 is too much. I’d do two, three TOPS. 

Yuck to 3-4 AND 5-6.  Where the hell does Tyler think he’s getting 5-6?!

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

That’s the top of my comfort, too. 3 with a one year after it 

The only way I’d even consider 3 is if he was willing to offer a discount on AAV.  Feels like he’s really looking to cash in though.

Anything more than 3 years feels like an albatross waiting to happen…Palat Part Deux.  Speaking of, I know Palat’s had some moments, but he’s already becoming a guy where you count down the seasons until his deal’s either done or movable.  Feels like too many years of Toffoli will lead to a similar feeling.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know, but I highly doubt it’s trade related. 

Sorry for the late reply, only check the boards once or twice a day during work.

When I posted that yesterday, only news I could find was that he was being held out and it was not injury related.

This morning I see that, according to Amanda Stein, it is a LBI.

sh!tty reporting, but better than the tight-lipped ways of old.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he has 25 goals. ‘Nauseating’ is a little dramatic. 

Dont care if he has 40. He doesn’t do anything else nor does he fit into the team’s style and pace of play. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Dont care if he has 40. He doesn’t do anything else nor does he fit into the team’s style and pace of play. 

I’ll take his goal scoring, but so many games we scored 4+ goals and still took a loss. If you’re not winning games after scoring 4-5 goals.. there’s a serious issue else where, figure it out that’s why someone makes a lot of money to decipher these things and that individually has done nothing in a timely manner, especially when he was sitting on 9M to try to remedy some things. At this point I wouldn’t mind seeing fitz replaced this off season. He’s shakey, the tone in his voice when he speaks alone I get a feeling of incompetence and nervousness.