GDT: Devils travel to Minnesota Adjective - 2 Nov @ 8p

jagknife

Cause we REALLY needed to play two back to backs already then have multiple, multi-day layovers… freaking NHL scheduling geniuses…

but I digress…

we won a game on Friday, we won one today, that’s called “two in a row.” If we win one in Thursday, that’s called a “winning streak.” It has happened before. SO LETS SEE SOME HUSTLE OUT THERE!

Score first, score often, and for gods sake can we win a game comfortably?!

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

No Nico in the trip… I hope Connor Clifton gets a paper cut on his tongue the next time he licks an envelope and it doesn’t heal. Prick.

11/25...that's payback time.  I'm not saying anyone should purposely target Clifton's head, but along with being booed every time he touches the puck, he needs to be lined up for several big (but LEGAL) hits, and generally made to feel uncomfortable.  And definitely be targeted for at least one fight, though admittedly I'm not sure the Devils really have anyone who's any good at that.  Every now and then Bastian tries, but it tends not to go well.

Several years ago a game like the upcoming rematch could've turned into one of those 200-300 PIM kind of games, but that's not really a thing anymore, and admittedly I'm glad it's not...lots more potential to lose another player in a game like that.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

11/25...that's payback time.  I'm not saying anyone should purposely target Clifton's head, but along with being booed every time he touches the puck, he needs to be lined up for several big (but LEGAL) hits, and generally made to feel uncomfortable.  And definitely be targeted for at least one fight, though admittedly I'm not sure the Devils really have anyone who's any good at that.  Every now and then Bastian tries, but it tends not to go well.

Several years ago a game like the upcoming rematch could've turned into one of those 200-300 PIM kind of games, but that's not really a thing anymore, and admittedly I'm glad it's not...lots more potential to lose another player in a game like that.   

If he did something on purpose I might agree. This was an accident. I guess I'm just from the new school. I'd rather just focus on giving them the L than trying to punish one dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If he did something on purpose I might agree. This was an accident. I guess I'm just from the new school. I'd rather just focus on giving them the L than trying to punish one dude.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for trying to bank two points whenever possible.  I’m not saying to shove that aside just to prove a point.

At the same time, Nico seems like one of those players that other players feel a little too comfortable taking liberties with, and I’m just sick of it.  We’ve seen how good he can be when fully healthy and able to play in just about all of the Devils’ games…I’m so worried that this poor guy is going to be so banged up by the time he reaches his late 20s that he’ll become one of those guys who barely makes it into his 30s before he has to call it quits.

He is SO good at what he does and SO important to this team.  Whether it was an accident or not, I’m done with the Connor Cliftons of the NHL missing a couple of games (whoopdee-damned-do) while Nico misses who-knows-how-many.  Like that Palat went right after Clifton, but that’s just a start.  Other players gotta start to know that enough’s enough.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for trying to bank two points whenever possible.  I’m not saying to shove that aside just to prove a point.

At the same time, Nico seems like one of those players that other players feel a little too comfortable taking liberties with, and I’m just sick of it.  We’ve seen how good he can be when fully healthy and able to play in just about all of the Devils’ games…I’m so worried that this poor guy is going to be so banged up by the time he reaches his late 20s that he’ll become one of those guys who barely makes it into his 30s before he has to call it quits.

He is SO good at what he does and SO important to this team.  Whether it was an accident or not, I’m done with the Connor Cliftons of the NHL missing a couple of games (whoopdee-damned-do) while Nico misses who-knows-how-many.  Like that Palat went right after Clifton, but that’s just a start.  Other players gotta start to know that enough’s enough.  

IMG_6001.gif

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To each their own. If it were the Rat or Tom Wilson who made another dirty hit I would agree. I don't see how trying to run a guy is going to prevent an accident. Guys are going to finish their checks/hits and this was just another unlucky accident...like a puck to the face from PK Subban.

• Like 2