GDT: 11/18/23 Rangers @ Devils

RizzMB30

Just now, Nicomo said:

My franchise QB is out for the season and the Devils blow a lead to the Rangers and lose. fvcking terrible week of sports for me. 

And now there’s 40 fvcking days until their next game, too. fvck the schedule makers. fvck the Rangers. fvck everything. 

I’m glad the Devils don’t face them for while…maybe Nico and Timo will be back.  

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m glad the Devils don’t face them for while…maybe Nico and Timo will be back.  

I meant the Devils next game in general. I’m sick of having 3 days off in between games. Feels like the schedule has been super weird this season. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Chico says, “This game won’t mean anything by the time we get to April.”

It might if the Devils don’t start playing better.  Where’s the urgency?

Yeah I love Chico's optimism, because right now this team is going to miss the playoffs if they don't figure out the defense and goaltending

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Chico says, “This game won’t mean anything by the time we get to April.”

It might if the Devils don’t start playing better.  Where’s the urgency?

Be fair, did it really seem like the Devils weren’t playing with urgency tonight? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I meant the Devils next game in general. I’m sick of having 3 days off in between games. Feels like the schedule has been super weird this season. 

At least Jack only missed five games because of the kooky scheduling.

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One of these days…gonna need a real coach

Like someone else mentioned, Lindy is to Fitz as Hines was to Shero. I think we just need to get used to this guy never being fired as long as Fitz is here. Which sucks because Fitz is a great GM otherwise.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

Be fair, did it really seem like the Devils weren’t playing with urgency tonight? 

Urgency wasn’t the problem. They played with urgency. But they got sloppy at the end and it cost them.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly and playing 10-7 with Nosek hurt and with two of our best players out certainly didn't help. 

The defense and goaltending need to get better but it doesn't help that we haven't had Jack and Nico and Timo all in together for the majority of the season now. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Bratt finishes that breakaway and it's 4-2 and that's most likely the game. Can talk about everything else after that but you gotta finish those chances. 

I swore his wrap around was going in.  I was off the couch and in mid air before I realized it didn't go.   

• Sad 1

They definitely played with urgency this evening, but they’ve had some winnable games slip through their fingers.  To echo what others have said elsewhere in the thread, are the mindset and decisionmaking of Lindy to blame?

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Like someone else mentioned, Lindy is to Fitz as Hines was to Shero. I think we just need to get used to this guy never being fired as long as Fitz is here. Which sucks because Fitz is a great GM otherwise.

Idk that article that said Fitz had 8 other choices in mind and hadn’t even consider Lindy at first actually gives me hope. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Trouba hurt someone, Igor found his form as the game went on, Rags end up winning…

about the only good thing was punk ass Kreider didn’t score. 

And it changes nothing. We’re still better when fully healthy, and will be better long term. fvck them.

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

If Lindy is the hill Fitz is ready to die on, no amount of roster geniusness should be able to save him.