Nemec up; Dougie to IR

smelly

19 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

That is fine, big roster changes I would prefer be in their own thread so it isn't buried. Hope Nemec does well!

Curious to see if they actually play him tonight.

So basically if he plays more than 9 games, Year 1 of his ELC kicks in, and he's no longer a "slide candidate"?

Looking forward to seeing him play with the big club, whenever that may be.

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Curious to see if they actually play him tonight.

So basically if he plays more than 9 games, Year 1 of his ELC kicks in, and he's no longer a "slide candidate"?

Looking forward to seeing him play with the big club, whenever that may be.

Nemec >>>>>>Smith

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Nemec >>>>>>Smith

If Smith has any future as a regular here (strictly for the rest of this season of course), it should only be as a 4th-line forward.  But of course he's good for stupid penalties no matter where he plays.

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If they can prevent burning a year of his ELC then I support that but with the injuries and the absolute dog sh!t defense they are playing I can't say that is looking too realistic at the moment.

Dude I don’t give a flying fvck about his ELC. We need help lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

Yea... Use him if you have to. I still support not burning a year of his ELC if you don't have to. We have to. There are ways to not have to. I assume Fitz couldn't make that happen(via a trade).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty much the same.  If the difference between exercising or not exercising the first year of his ELC results in several extra wins, which could therefore mean we make or don't make the playoffs, it's easily worth it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

Yea... Use him if you have to. I still support not burning a year of his ELC if you don't have to. We have to. There are ways to not have to. I assume Fitz couldn't make that happen(via a trade).

It's early enough in the year that if he shows he really belongs, you "burn" the year and get him for 3/4 of a season.  I mean it's clear the way this season is going that we're always going to need an extra body back there and none of us want it to be Smith.   If he looks really out of place after 8 games, send him back and save the year.     

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

It's early enough in the year that if he shows he really belongs, you "burn" the year and get him for 3/4 of a season.  I mean it's clear the way this season is going that we're always going to need an extra body back there and none of us want it to be Smith.   If he looks really out of place after 8 games, send him back and save the year.     

The Office Thank You GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think this is exactly how Fitz sees it.