GDT: Devils @ wsh Lower Cases, 7:30 pm, TNT - First Game of 2024

9 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Even when Palat comes back, Lindy needs to keep the Nico-Mercer-Haula line together.

I’ve given up on hoping any particular line/pairing are kept together. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Would be nice to see Nico, Mercer, or McLeod get a hattrick.  Each deserves it for their efforts tonight.

Devils got stronger as that third period went on…maybe some fatigue set in for the Caps.  But a huuuuuuuuuuuge win tonight.

• Like 5

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils got stronger as that third period went on…maybe some fatigue set in for the Caps.  But a huuuuuuuuuuuge win tonight.

Yeah, they obviously executed well tonight, but even more than that they seemed to know what was on the line in terms of points and standings positioning, which is a bit of a relief and refreshing - sometimes that seems lost on coaches, even players at times too.  

Also nice that they didn't crumble when it went from 3-1 to 3-3.  They kept on battling and were relentless with the puck and forecheck.   Cycling and passing was sharp tonight.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Some more good news…looks like the Flyers and the Caps are FINALLY showing signs of coming back to Earth.  They did a hell of a job to be where they are to date, but even their organizations have admitted that it’s not time to try to fortify their teams for any kind of playoff drive.

Both teams are now 1-3-2 in their last 6 GP.

22 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

He’s like Marty McFly’s uncle Joey from Back to the Future.  He prefers incarceration to freedom.

Better get used to this box kid…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3
  • EvilHeart 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Massive win. Division win, Wilson can go eat the chunk of Panarin's hair he ripped out. Cheers and onto the next one. Keep that momentum going

Speaking of the next one…I give Daws that one.  If he’s not heavily taxed and feels good to go, I give him Vancouver too.  Devils have several days off after that so he can rest after.  And I like the idea of giving VV several days off to clear his head.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3