2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

9 hours ago, jagknife said:

PR department knew it was coming.

ficking 10 ply like the rest of them

Does anyone know if Fitz uses social media?  I normally don’t advocate trolling people, but I wouldn’t mind the opportunity to flood his DMs with questions since he won’t make public appearances that don’t make him look good and because he’s almost certainly involved in the above freeze-out of Ryan, whose job is to ask questions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, devlman said:

I hate Fitzgerald.  I hate Ruff.  I hate Toffoli. I hate Brendan Smith. 

I hate watching Luke Hughes being played as a top 4 defenseman on a team trying to make the playoffs.

I hate what ownership does to encourage Devil fans to not go to these games.

I really am starting to dislike a lot of things about this club.

I truly believe that what Luke Hughes and Nemec are going through right now will ultimately be good for them and the Devils.

Not much else positive to say after these last two games. Can we borrow Lou Lamoriello for just one day so we can fire the coach?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

And of course they have a day off today. No practice after that sh!tshow last night. No accountability whatsoever.

That's incredible.  They should be practicing nothing but PP situations.  But to not practice at all is laughable and disgusting at the same time. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

I truly believe that what Luke Hughes and Nemec are going through right now will ultimately be good for them and the Devils.

Not much else positive to say after these last two games. Can we borrow Lou Lamoriello for just one day so we can fire the coach?

Luke is learning both what it's like to play an 82-game NHL season AND how to play against NHLers, with a bad coach to boot.  I think he'll be fine.

That being said, I'd absolutely consider giving him the game off against the Canadiens.  He's played in every game so far this season...I don't think one game off to catch his breath will hurt him.  

• Like 4

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That being said, I'd absolutely consider giving him the game off against the Canadiens.  He's played in every game so far this season...I don't think one game off to catch his breath will hurt him.  

Makes sense. The kid Hatakka should never have been sent down. The idea is to reward players who play well, plus it’s not as if there’s stiff competition for that sixth spot on the blue line.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's incredible.  They should be practicing nothing but PP situations.  But to not practice at all is laughable and disgusting at the same time. 

I'm guessing Lindy & Co are taking a "Get out of here, don't even think about hockey today, see you all on Saturday" approach.

Not sure that I agree, but also not sure what Lindy & Co possibly have to offer in practices either.  Feels like damned if you do, damned if you don't at this point...especially since everything remains full status quo, as far as personnel goes on and off the ice.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Does anyone know if Fitz uses social media?  I normally don’t advocate trolling people, but I wouldn’t mind the opportunity to flood his DMs with questions since he won’t make public appearances that don’t make him look good and because he’s almost certainly involved in the above freeze-out of Ryan, whose job is to ask questions.

He’s a good beat reporter, and I’d like to see him interviewed on TV during the telecasts. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Lindy definitely pushing the right buttons not playing either Miller or Hatakka…

I could not agree with this tweet more. 

I think Miller was actually Fitz’s most productive offseason add by far. 

• Like 2

After sleeping on it, I think I'm more upset about how physically dominated the devils were than the actual outcome of the game last night.

It looked like men versus boys out there, and I'm still seething about the fact that Bastian* had to fight trouba himself.

32 thoughts podcast this morning was a good listen, they open about the devils. They compared how the devils had no response to the physicality, against a team like Tampa where if an opposing player even stares at the goalie wrong the five skaters on the ice will jump in. Is it a cultural thing? Are our players truly that soft?

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

After sleeping on it, I think I'm more upset about how physically dominated the devils were than the actual outcome of the game last night.

It looked like men versus boys out there, and I'm still seething about the fact that bastion had to fight trouba himself.

32 thoughts podcast this morning was a good listen, they open about the devils. They compared how the devils had no response to the physicality, against a team like Tampa where if an opposing player even stares at the goalie wrong the five skaters on the ice will jump in. Is it a cultural thing? Are our players truly that soft?

The Spittin Chiclets guys were killing the Devils last night for how soft they were. Regardless what your opinion on them is (they can definitely be idiots at times) they weren’t wrong in this case. 

The knock on assembling a team like this is usually that they aren’t built for the playoffs, but hell, they aren’t even winning much in the regular season right now. 

It just seems like the Devils caught a lot of teams off guard last season, and the league adjusted. And ofc Lindy has no answers. 

• Like 4

Just now, Nicomo said:

The Spittin Chiclets guys were killing the Devils last night for how soft they were. Regardless what your opinion on them is (they can definitely be idiots at times) they weren’t wrong in this case. 

The knock on assembling a team like this is usually that they aren’t built for the playoffs, but hell, they aren’t even winning much in the regular season right now. 

It just seems like the Devils caught a lot of teams off guard last season, and the league adjusted. And ofc Lindy has no answers. 

Yeah, last year’s team snuck up on people, who weren’t expecting them to be that good that soon.  This year, they’re getting every team’s best effort, and they don’t have a way to combat the adjustments.  For a while, Jack was able to make some on-ice adjustments himself, but even those have stopped working now that teams have caught on and he’s playing out of position.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Oh man, I've kind of stopped listening but I can totally imagine what biz and whit would say, watching that pathetic effort last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh man, I've kind of stopped listening but I can totally imagine what biz and whit would say, watching that pathetic effort last night.

I just saw them tweeting about it. I haven’t listened in a while either. Pretty much has to be a guest that interests me. 

Too bad we couldn’t have wrestled Tom Wilson from the Caps last offseason. 

But aside from dirty Trouba I don’t think the rags were any more physical than we were. Did we still play soft? Absolutely. Need a Blake Coleman type. Toffoli has been a bad fit, I don’t care how many goals he has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

What an embarrassment of a hockey game, too disgusted to say anything more. Save the goalie trade chatter for the summer, it's time to be sellers and regroup next season with a new coach.

Toffoli and Smith...make them available immediately.  Hopefully a 2nd for Toffoli.  Who knows what for Smith.  A lot of this core with be back next season, so yeah, figure out the goaltending and coach, and we'll see what 2024-25 brings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringtwins said:

Is there a defenseman we could trade Toffoli for out there i wonder?

Probably don’t need to, especially with Hatakka looking like he deserves an extended look.  And of course Dougie will be back in 2024-25.

• Like 1

It's the next day and the part I think I am most pissed off about is Trouba. The dude has now rocked our guys a half dozen times and caused an injury at least 3 times and this team has no response at all. The piece of sh!t has carte blanche. Nathan Bastian got rocked twice last night and after had to get up and try to fight Trouba himself. No one helped him and the team really has no one on that level. This is why I wanted fits to try and grab a cheap guy like Hathaway in the off-season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's the next day and the part I think I am most pissed off about is Trouba. The dude has now rocked our guys a half dozen times and caused an injury at least 3 times and this team has no response at all. The piece of sh!t has carte blanche. Nathan Bastian got rocked twice last night and after had to get up and try to fight Trouba himself. No one helped him and the team really has no one on that level. This is why I wanted fits to try and grab a cheap guy like Hathaway in the off-season.

Berube. Hire him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

There's no doubt, the Devils need to step it up. Trouba has no problem wearing a black hat in this rivalry, I give him props for that. 

• Like 2

Maybe put bAHL and his 6 6" tough self in the lineup next time to police the ice like we were led to believe when he was acquired. Remember the wrecking bahl. 

Oh that's right never mind. He's the definition of useless. 

Smith is usually willing to get punched in the face. 

Overall just babysit soft again year after year after year.