GDT: Devils host Panthers - 5 March @ 7pm

jagknife

Game 1 of the Post Lindy era.

time to get my streak back on track.

no funny names for the opposition, no explosives. They’re coming off a game against the rangers tonight, they’ll hopefully be overconfident.

Lets go Green, time to out players in their ACTUAL positions

Lets go Devils

• Like 7

L G M F D!!!

Not expecting any miracles, just taking it game by game.  Not sure exactly what Green will bring to the table, but as we know, making the change was not about Green.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

What if Lindy starts attending games as a fan just to heckle Holtz?

I’m only kidding, of course.  LGD!

I’ll never forget being at the first game of the 2000 playoffs, at the will call window, and standing in line waiting for my tickets behind…Robbie Ftorek.  Yep.  After being canned, poor dude had to buy tickets to attend, just like everyone else.  

• Like 1
  • Shocking 4
  • EvilHeart 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

L G M F D!!!

Not expecting any miracles, just taking it game by game.  Not sure exactly what Green will bring to the table, but as we know, making the change was not about Green.

I just want effort and competitive games.

absolutely not expecting playoffs, that ship has sailed for me, but give us .500 record, play spoiler and ruin some other teams’ chances, I’m all for it.

i’d like to see holtz get real chances, Meier on the right, Bratt on the left, and stick with good lines for more than a period.

oh and it might be too much to ask, but score first more times than not during the final 22

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ll never forget being at the first game of the 2000 playoffs, at the will call window, and standing in line waiting for my tickets behind…Robbie Ftorek.  Yep.  After being canned, poor dude had to buy tickets to attend, just like everyone else.  

Lou was cold blooded 🤣

• Like 4

Just now, jagknife said:

I just want effort and competitive games.

absolutely not expecting playoffs, that ship has sailed for me, but give us .500 record, play spoiler and ruin some other teams’ chances, I’m all for it.

i’d like to see holtz get real chances, Meier on the right, Bratt on the left, and stick with good lines for more than a period.

oh and it might be too much to ask, but score first more times than not during the final 22

Putting guys where they’re supposed to be would be a fine start for sure.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lou was cold blooded 🤣

That’s interesting, as it has always been my understanding that although Ftorek was removed as head coach, he remained with the Devils as a scout before joining the Bruins staff in 2001.

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s interesting, as it has always been my understanding that although Ftorek was removed as head coach, he remained with the Devils as a scout before joining the Bruins staff in 2001.

The funny thing was that I didn’t realize it was him (his back was to me the entire time, and I had a date with me that I chatting with), until I heard the woman behind the glass say “Here you go Mr. Ftorek.”  He turned around after he got his tix and we made eye contact, but I had no idea what to say, so I just kinda nodded at him.  He then went on his way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing was that I didn’t realize it was him (his back was to me the entire time, and I had a date with me that I chatting with), until I heard the woman behind the glass say “Here you go Mr. Ftorek.”  He turned around after he got his tix and we made eye contact, but I had no idea what to say, so I just kinda nodded at him.  He then went on his way.

Maybe he should’ve thrown something so everyone would’ve known it was him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Let’s have a good game.  Good defense, a good transition game, no risk taking or forcing plays that aren’t there, and take advantage of opportunities by finishing a play with a fvcking goal!

Let’s go Devils!

I know they need a miracle, but I’m still rooting for 17 wins.  Hopefully, 16 will be enough.

• Like 3