Desired 1st round opponent

'7'

About time for one of these as the season winds down. Long list of teams to chose from this year. I'm assuming the Devils will finish 1 or 2, and all the 3-6 team stay where they are.

I wanted to cut off at Montreal, but decided to include Boston and Florida in the end. It's just too packed 7-13, the Bruins and Panthers are both only 5 points away from the eight seed which is currently held by the Rangers.

I want the Hurricanes this year...I might've wanted them last year but for different reasons. But this year they're not as fast, they're still good offensively but not nearly as dynamic as last season. The defense does not look solid at all. Factor in fatigue from a long playoff run last season as well as a potential lack of desire. Now you have Ward out indefinitely (and I never was sold on him to begin with). They look ready to be picked off early this year and we have scores to settle with them.

If they make it, if they don't I'd probably want Toronto. The reason I didn't say Rangers is because they're playing with a lot more passion and desperation this time of year than last. Plus Lundqvist has been tremendous while Raycroft won't steal any series.

This was supposed to come out as a poll, but since it decided not to show up, just write it in and your reason

Edited by '7'

Really do not care who the Devils have in the first round as they should win with better talent and goaltending than the lower seed.

Cam Ward is out for the season for the Canes so Grahme could get hot but doubt it. Beating up the Canes in the first round would be very satisfying and of course the revenge factor.

nope. not gonna do it, unless we can play the blackhawks or something first round.

The Islanders would be nice, sweep them in four 2-0 games? :lol:

Doesn't matter a whit who we play as long as we come out relatively unscathed on the other end. Judging by the way we played after sweeping the home-and-home series with the Ragsm, I don't think such a psychically and emotionally draining series is a good thing for the first round, even if we do win it.

Doesnt matter.

Whoever it is, I just hope the Devils dont get satisfied with beating them and then pack it up like they did last year. Beating the Rangers was the biggest crutch for them...it was tooooooo satisfying of a victory for them.

Montreal would be best since the Devils kicked their ass all season (4-0)and Brodeur owns Montreal. Next would be Carolina then the Islanders. Devils should beat any of these teams in the first round with ease. :)

SHOULD is the key word in that post. Not that I don't have faith, but I always get 98-99 syndrome when I think about the Devils in the first round. I don't want the Rangers again - they don't even deserve to be in the dance anyway. I know the Devils have had success against the Isles so far this year, but they have a different team now. I'm hoping for the Devils/Habs matchup.