GDT NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ tampa bay lightning 7pm

Devilish34

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sundstrom i disagree about the perrin goal - elias got bumped off, they use that breakout play all the time - tampa made a good anticipatory play to jar elias, and sprung the puck free. while gomez made some other 'dog' plays - the pass to langenbrunner in OT comes to mind - he wasn't all bad.

I didn't get to see this game. I had to leave for school after Gio scored. We got a break and I called home to find out the game was tied 3-3. I was sure they were going to lose. When I finally got out of class the game was long over. I got home and my husband asks me if I knew the Devils score and I said yes, don't tell me they lost. When he told me they won in OT I dropped to my knees thanking the Lord. :lol:

LETS GO DEVILS!

forgive me if i dont feel great about the fact that we still need stevens and dano to push the devilsdesire to win even after their retirement

I dont give a sh!t if they drag Elvis out of the grave to motivate them to win - -that really is all that matters everything is just dressing, you do what you can to get you that W and worry about paying the check later...

:koolaid:

Man...I had just finished watching this game about a half hour ago. TiVos a wonderful thing. Anyway, just a couple thoughts....

1) Gomez...and the entire EGG line still need to step it up. I know Gio and Gomer got a goal each, but it's not enough. They're our #1 line. Play like it.

2) Marty needs to stop worrying about where Holmquist's shots are coming from and more about stopping the one's he's facing. It's goddamn annoying to see these stupid soft goals from someone that shouldn't let any of that crap in.

3) Players in front of the net...where the hell are our guys and how come no one stops their guys? The front of the Tampa crease was vacant all night. I remember when Gio scored 48 goals by being a grinder and standing in front of the net and taking some punishment. Is he acting his size now? And how come no one stops Tampa from parking in front of Marty? Luko never should of let Lecavs be so goddamn open to take the shot.

4) Lastly....GREAT WIN! I can't remember when I was so pumped about a win. It may have a lot to do with the fact that I was almost completely expecting to lose...but it's awesome nonetheless.

Ride the momentum now! Kill the Ning! And Parise is absolutely the Man!

GO DEVILS! :gd:

Don't remember who brought it up - but the Parise line led the forwards in ice time last night. With Madden and Pandolfo following. The EGG Line (I hate that name BTW) was basically 3rd in ice time - a well deserved slap in the face if you ask me. After all of the blind passes and turnovers by Gomez in the first, I'm surprised he saw the ice as much as he did. Sure, he scored the gamewinner, which is fantastic - but had he not cheated out of the zone on the first goal there might not have been overtime. It's a wash if you ask me.

I mentioned yesterday that it appeared the Devils did not have a Leonidis - well, it appears they do in #9. Leads the team in goals, leads the team in hits as well. Kid's got a lot of heart in addition to the skill - a rare comodity these days.

guess you guys cannot kill gomez today...

Ummm... yeah we can... maybe if he played more then 2 shifts in that game we don't have to wait for overtime... and he even said HIMSELF he was going to pass until he lost the handle on it..... :argh::argh:

(then again it's always the scrubs who score the OT winners :lol:)

I dont give a sh!t if they drag Elvis out of the grave to motivate them to win - -that really is all that matters everything is just dressing, you do what you can to get you that W and worry about paying the check later...

:koolaid:

ElvisInCoffin.jpg

Ummm... yeah we can... maybe if he played more then 2 shifts in that game we don't have to wait for overtime... and he even said HIMSELF he was going to pass until he lost the handle on it..... :argh::argh:

(then again it's always the scrubs who score the OT winners :lol:)

See