Gomez will likely sign with either

Sockeye

I'm from Anchorage and I heard from someone that knows one of Gomer's good buddies, who said from his most recent conversation with Scott that he believes its down to Rangers, Flyers, and Kings. He got the impression this was mostly due to the offers he expects to get from those teams. He got the distinct impression that Scott is considering all of those teams legitimate options.

I have a sneaky suspicion it may very well end up being the Rangers. One of the Rangers top young prospects is Brandon Dubinsky. He saw a little time with the Rangers last season and was their top rookie at camp last year. I'm guessing Dubinsky has a good chance to make the roster this year. Dubinsky is also from Anchorage and their dads are pretty good buddies. Not that this necessarily means anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had some small impact.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

out of those three, gomez would probably go kings since he has a ton of close family members here in southern california.

personally, seeing one of my favorite devils going to either the flyers or worse the faget rangers would make my stomach turn...

if he was not on the devils, i would like to see him go to vancouver or the kings.

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him in blue next season and frankly i don't care much. i honestly don't want a player who's "all about the money." i uunderstand it's a huge part of it but if it's the only reason you're playing on a team then i don't want you in a devil's jersey. besides, he is absolutly lazy. whether or not that changes next season is yet to be told but as of right now his lazy play and desire for more money is all that's sticking out in my mind.

I think the lazy thing is a bit exaggerated. He isn't Petr Nedved or Valeri Kamensky.

I also think that the fact that he doesn't breathe fire through his nose like Scott Stevens doesn't sit well with people. They think his jovial nature = soft and uncompetitive.

Edited by Jerrydevil

it is

If anything this weekend has shown we should never take how a person acts or says things in public with ANY shred of truth anymore :P

But Gomez has said for over a month now... it's about the money.... well some team is gonna give him the money and get one lazy-ass player out of the deal.... remember all those games we were SCREAMING about him not being there and not wanting to try... that was while he was trying to earn his bacon... can you imagine how bad it will be when he gets a full plate of bacon ???

(not to mention let's add him to the list of failure that crossed the river and left their talent in NJ !!!)

Edited by Triumph

gomez would average better than .85 points a game during his first season with the rangers - minimum of 40 games. calling him the next bobby holik is just wishful thinking. he may not ever equal his 05-06 season, but he'd do okay for himself in ranger blue.

The current line on Scotty Gomez is... There are teams willing to pay $8 million dollars for the guy. He has been seen running with Shanahan, so the Rangers are being speculated. The Flyers will be in that battle as well...As will the Islanders, Oilers, Senators, Avalanche and Wild. The interesting thing about Gomez demanding so much is that if you talk to some Devils players they don't believe he should get that much. "He is much better with Lou behind the bench" I have heard over and over..draw your own conclusions.

via hockeybuzz

I can see him going to a rival for lots of good reasons -- he loves his teammates here. If he's a Flyer or a Rag he's still near the guys and stuff. but then again it's not like he can go work out with Jay during the season, you know? So that might kind of hurt a little bit. And trash talking and stuff seems fun and funny but Gomez is sort of sensative - I can see why he'd WANT to stay close but save it for off season, you know? The East isn't a good choice for him - it'd take a good year to adjust and not get his feeling hurt or whatever. It'd just be smarter to get to know a new team without the distraction of old friends close at hand.

I think I will always like Gomez and respect his taltne no matter where he goes. I'm just sad he couldn't stay a Devil. It would be nice having that kind of anamoly in the organization by choice.

Edited by Pepperkorn

8 million?!?!?!? Ouch!

While maybe not fair to compare this possible situation to the Holik situation, I think it is pretty fair to say that whoever signs him will, at some point in..ohhh.... December or so, have a moment where they want to slap themselves in the forehead for putting out that much $$$$$$. Not saying he's going to leave his talent in NJ, but he's not worth 8 million....

I'm from Anchorage and I heard from someone that knows one of Gomer's good buddies, who said from his most recent conversation with Scott that he believes its down to Rangers, Flyers, and Kings. He got the impression this was mostly due to the offers he expects to get from those teams. He got the distinct impression that Scott is considering all of those teams legitimate options.

I have a sneaky suspicion it may very well end up being the Rangers. One of the Rangers top young prospects is Brandon Dubinsky. He saw a little time with the Rangers last season and was their top rookie at camp last year. I'm guessing Dubinsky has a good chance to make the roster this year. Dubinsky is also from Anchorage and their dads are pretty good buddies. Not that this necessarily means anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had some small impact.