BRODEUR OUT OF ALL STAR GAME!!!

DougieBrown

Seriously. Last year's was such a joke. I won't be watching it... mostly because I'll be at the AHL All Star Skills competition in Binghamton that night... How hypocritical...

Well skills competition could be more intriguing to watch rather than the ASG at times..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So arguably the two best goalies and two of the five best forwards (due to injury) all aren't playing. Some 'All-Star' game :P

Poor Petey, guess the only Devil he might get to see now is Sutter.

NHL players have never been as bad as their counterparts in other sports about opting out of these games but they're getting there now.

Edited by Hasan4978

Mel wants more money....he can't afford to fly to the game...how sad....

I agree that this is going to be a trend. Players really don't care about this game and I think we will see more players opt out in the future. The only reason some guys play is that they have contractual obligations with endorsements (equipment usually) that they roll out at ASG's.

Marty, like most NHL fans, realize the All-Star game is not worth his time.

This is great news for the Devils.

Agreed. Especially with all the nonsense involving the ASG goalies having to be part of the YoungStars game and the "trick shot" skills competition. I'd rather not see Marty blow out his knee in a exhibition.

<JESTER>

I agree that this is going to be a trend. Players really don't care about this game and I think we will see more players opt out in the future. The only reason some guys play is that they have contractual obligations with endorsements (equipment usually) that they roll out at ASG's.

In that case they should make it that the winning coast gets home ice advantage during the Stanley Cup....or something to that effect

Agreed. Especially with all the nonsense involving the ASG goalies having to be part of the YoungStars game and the "trick shot" skills competition. I'd rather not see Marty blow out his knee in a exhibition.

<JESTER>

The regular All Star Goalies have to be a part of the YoungStars game? In what capacity?

In that case they should make it that the winning coast gets home ice advantage during the Stanley Cup....or something to that effect

I just threw up. I hate that the MLB did that. Teams play the regular season to get advantages in the playoffs and having some stupid ass game in which players who won't be in the playoffs decide who gets home ice or field in the finals is beyond dumb.

I just threw up. I hate that the MLB did that. Teams play the regular season to get advantages in the playoffs and having some stupid ass game in which players who won't be in the playoffs decide who gets home ice or field in the finals is beyond dumb.

I agree completely, home ice should go to the team most deserving, not based off of some bs game.

The NHL needs to either crack down on this or just do away with the ASG. If you are selected to play in the ASG there should only be two ways to get out of it. Either you are on IR or you are away from your team for personal reasons (death in the family, birth of a child, etc). Otherwise suck it up and play. This is supposed to be a showcase for the league and with so many players bailing out it just makes a mockery of the whole thing.