GDT: Devils @ Bruins 7PM, MSG, NESN

BlizzardCyclone

It is the 8th time but Clemmensen is 8-0 in those games after giving up the shutout. I mentioned earlier in a post.

Maybe I am really missing something, but what does it matter if the score was 0-0 when he let in the goal against the Bruins? He had a shutout going into the 3rd and lost it, and he got a loss at the end of the game. So he is not undefeated when losing a shutout in the 3rd.

By the way tonight was only the 7th game he lost a shutout in the thid, and he is 6-1 in those games. Why this stat matters, who knows.

Edited by devilsrule33

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an exciting game between two of the top Eastern Conference teams. Gotta figure that the rest of the league stands up to take notice, if they hadn't already, that there's something special going on with this Devils team.

After they lost the lead like that, I was just psyched to see that Gionta-to-Elias play click. I could've went to sleep happy right there. The Langenbrunner goal was just gravy.

But what was up with those crappy replays? How come it took forever for us to see both of those reviewed goals -- especially the Boston goal? We were stuck watching the camera zoom in on TVs showing the replays in some booth. ... Did they have the better replays on the Boston feed?

The word is resilience. Only after a bunch of dopey sports announcers started using resiliency (with the erroneous thought that since consistent->consistency, resilient->resiliency) did it finagle its way into the dictionary. but again it's something that just upsets me.

Dopey sports announcers tapping out colour commentary on morse-code telegraphs? It's been in Merriam-Websters since 1836.

so adding a new player is going to help the team communicate better? i realize this sounds like a troll, but this is precisely why teams are often reticent to add new players - mistakes such as the one that happened tonight.

i don't disagree there were defensive lapses, i just don't see how another defenseman shores those things up, for tonight at least. you've got 2 goals against that seem to be communication breakdowns and one that wasn't really a breakdown at all.

Adding a defensemen will give some of the more mistake-prone defensemen less time on the ice.

Edited by devils26

I was at the game... pretty good showing considering the Bruins have been doing a really good job filling their building all year.

I was there sporting an Oliwa jersey. Got a lot of reaction from bruins fans, more so than i'd get at The Rock.

Fun game to attend. There was a fight and a whole bunch of goals scored.

I'll be there saturday too against the rangers as well.

I was there as well, happened to sit in the worst place though. Had three native Bostonians heckle my friend and I the entire game. When I say Bostonians, I mean that they are not exactly Bruins fans, hardly even bandwagon. The types of guys that have a vocabulary that only consists of select four-letter words, and act their shoe size rather than their age. I know, showing up in the opponents building with a Devils jersey on, I'm not exactly going to get welcomed with open arms. I've been to many games in opponent's buildings, three times in the TD Banknorth Garden when the Devils have been in town. But this time was disgraceful, had beer spilled on me, my jacket under the seat got soaked, and I was called a b!tch alot more than I'm used to. Standing up and celebrating the 4 goals as the only Devils fan in my section made it all worth it though. Really great game.

What a game!!!! What a win!!! Thta was the best hockey game I've seen all year- period. As well played and intense a Januray game as you could ever hope to see.

As far as measuring up with Boston: yeah, I'd say we measure up just fine. B ) If we get them in the playoffs, bar the door and hide the women and children. Because it'll be a death battle.

YES.

This game showed me what I needed to see. The Bruins were a really good team in the first and third periods. They skated fast, strong, comfortable. They didn't get anything past Clemmer the first period when they should've, and we ended up with a lucky lead. Devils opened up in the 2nd, and did what they needed to do and get a substantial lead. They let it slip due to the inexperience of Clemmensen under pressure (felt like a playoff game), but it showed us that if you take the wind out of their sails (like we did in the 2nd), the Bruins of the past show. It's all mental, all about confidence.

Now were we to face them in the playoffs, the difference is Brodeur for Clemmensen. Give me that, and I'll take the offense from both these teams and give the series to the Devils.

Really great chances, even when we didn't score. Our goals were dirty, but so many good chances (Gionta, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Parise) that were flubs on empty nets or great chances. Great, great game. Even greater outcome.

Go Devils!

Edited by DevilNurn

Great win!

I was all ready to blame a loss on the refs, but the boys came through. I mean, seriously, Colin White gets high-sticked so badly that it warrants a stoppage of play but not a penalty? Then the Bruins score in the next two minutes, which should have been a Devils PP. And that interference call on Rupp because Savard grabbed his stick and dove that led to a Bruins PP goal? I was about to throw my TV through the window, which woulda been really bad since it's actually my roomate's brand new 46" LCD TV. Yeah.

But the Devils showed tonight why they are legit contenders. They won despite the refs. They blew a big lead and still won (shades of the 8-5 win over the Rags). Resiliency, aggressiveness, toughness, and a bunch of other big words helped this team win tonight.

God, I love this team!

Great win last night.... :koolaid:

Chico needs to shut up sometimes... When Zajac hit that post he said, "he scores there and its over"... then before we know it, its 3-2...... Nice effort against a good team and way to not give up after losing the 2-0 lead....

We win tonight and that will be just awesome.

Great win last night.... :koolaid:

Chico needs to shut up sometimes... When Zajac hit that post he said, "he scores there and its over"... then before we know it, its 3-2...... Nice effort against a good team and way to not give up after losing the 2-0 lead....

We win tonight and that will be just awesome.

I was already nervous going into the third, because I remembered that Doc had pointed out that the Bruins had outscored the opposition 59-29 in third periods (now 62-30 after last night). Once Zajac hit that post I thought, at the very least the game was going to be tied up, though definitely not the way it wound up being tied up. Once Boston scored to go up I thought the Devils were going to lose...right when I was thinking it was going to be a 4-2 loss with an empty netter here comes Gio and Elias with an NHL 2K7-type goal and Langenbrunner to win in OT. Yeah, the third period wasn't great overall from a Devil standpoint, but Boston's a good team, and there's a reason why they're now +32 in third period play.

I was watching NHL On The Fly this morning, and it's always amusing to hear commentary on the Devils from people who clearly don't watch them often. One guy kept saying, "I just can't wrap my head around this Devils team...they were always the trap team, the boring team...this team can score." They always sound so stunned.

For a while I was thinking that this team reminds me of the '01 team, but the more I watch them, they're reminding of the '93-'94 group. They're not quite as dynamic as the '01 team, but like the '94 team, still effective and able to score.

don: it's from the first baseball announcers of course.

anyway does anyone notice what a joke NHL scoring is? last wednesday, parise's goal is unassisted (some montreal player barely touched it), and tonight, boston's scorer puts 2 assists on the goal kobasew scored (even though not only was it put in by a devils player but clemmensen held the puck at the back of the net for 3 seconds).