Brodeur Admits To Affair

DevilMinder

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great timing! No more 3 Shutouts, no more Conn Smythe contender but now a sleeze-ball that cheated on his wife but to me he isn't that. Athletes are human beings but he will be treated 3 times as bad because of the spotlight. Sad to hear this and even sadder for the kids. As everyone says, sh!t happens but this is some big sh!t.

"Judge not before you judge yourself."

None of us here are perfect. If you've been here for a while you will remember my less-than-mature days. Not saying it's nothing, but we can't focus on this. Hell, HE can't focus on this. This is the playoffs. Here's to hoping this won't become a 107 posts thread (although I am throwing fuel onto the fire with my argument here).

Whatever... read it and forget it, it has nothing to do with us at all...

Gotta love Melanie calling him up two hours before a game to tell about how she's going out with ... whoever... All well... Thats my only comment bout that...

Stay out of his business, he doesnt ask about ours :)

Of course the media is going to pry; that's it's job.

However, I'm talking about us - the posters of this board, the fans of the game, and the fans of Martin Brodeur.

Let US give him the privacy he deserves.

Absolutely, RD.....things happen, people need the privacy and space to deal with them.

What makes it hard to swallow is that Melanie/kids were poster "family"

on TV for the '00 playoffs. The fact that it was family makes it much harder to reconcile. After all, most folks intermingle with family holidays etc.

If he's been out of the house since christmas, funny how this stuff turnsup @playoff time.

vince

I feel bad for the kids. I hope if they don't manage to get back together they know better than to use the 4 kids to get back at each other.

It would have been better if Marty had just kept it in his pants.

This is going to be my last post on this but I really don't think it is going to effect Marty's play. Whether it was the cause of his funky stage there, we don't know but he has a job to do and he knows it, he won't let this interfere. He would not have a divorce that quickly anyway. Best wishes to them both in whatever happens but that will be post season.

This was really depressing for me. When I would hear anyone bashing or generalizing all athletes, I'd always throw in that's why we love Marty, he's the best. Great player, family guy, etc.

I am disappointed. Yea there's always 2 sides, but sounds like Marty screwed up. Image gone.

Looks like Marty's in a pretty big fix this time :( I still think that the media shouldn't be making such a huge deal out of something that's going on in his personal life - hence the word personal - but he'll play through it. He has for months, I don't see why now would be any different. I feel bad for the kids though - they're still so young, and they probably don't understand, but it's still gotta be hard for them. Honestly, I usually don't really care what Marty does off the ice, but this does sort of bug me - I guess just because I've always sort of looked up to him and he disappointed me, but, hey, nobody's perfect. Unfortunately, this kind of stuff happens all the time. If I were him, I would've waited to come out with this until after the playoffs were over, though.

Okay it was a mistake but if it was with his sister in law that is just wrong. I know if this was Tucker or Domi we would say that is disgusting and he is sick but since this is Marty we say it was a mistake and no one is perfect. This bugs me becuase Marty is my favourite hockey player. I hope this isn't the real story.

I posted years ago that Marty was out fooling around. The people at this board said no way. Now it comes out.

Let's see if it effects his play since it's out.

I doubt it will.

His image will suffer that's all he has a big ego and can handle it.

So you are Kyddax?