Is Anyone Worried

NJayDevil

I am not.

Sure the Wild have done it twice this year and the Canucks have done it once this year.

But the Devs went through it in 2000 and know what NOT to do to let the Sens comeback. Most of the guys from the 2000 team are still here (actually, a majority are).

So why the Sens maybe still dangerous, just don't think they can beat these experience Devs who have done what they did before.

I want the Devs to win in 6 for a variety of reasons.

1. I think it gives them a kick in the pants just too make sure they don't get overcocky.

2. Win at home

3. make the schedule start on MDW or that tuesday.

4. I wanna go to Anaheim and can't if they win tommorow :)

I just want them to win as soon as possible. Tomorrow.

Yeah they are 8-0 at home but gotta think, how long can that possible last and you DO NOT want to go back to Ottawa for a game 7 cause quite frankly, if that happens, the Devs chances are in some serious doubt.

But I truly believe that with Burns behind the bench, this team will not be lazy and will not be overconfident. I think past teams would have been lazy and overconfident in Game 5's vs. Boston and Tampa Bay but this team wasn't.

I think Ottawa wins tomorrow unless they quit again or Marty takes over and the Devils clinch it with their best performance of the series in Game 6. There are 'some' Devil teams I wouldn't put blowing a 3-1 lead past (last year for one, maybe even '01 as talented as they were) but not this year's team. I'd be stunned if this year's team blew a 3-1 lead, Ottawa or no Ottawa. The sheriff's in town this year (Burns); he won't let them get complacent. That much I am 100% sure of.

I won't be worried unless it gets to a Game 7. But I'd still think the Devs would win that game.

I just want them to win as soon as possible.  Tomorrow.

you DO NOT want to go back to Ottawa for a game 7  

I second that! Sooner the better for my mental state and nerves :wacko:

However the Devils will not lose 3 in a row, ain't happening.

Go Devils ! :burn:

The Senators are the most talented team in the league, so I still think that they control their own fate. But...

They still do not know how to win in the playoffs. Let's face it, who have they beaten this year? A horrible Islanders club and an exhausted, beaten down Flyers club. Yeah, the Devils haven't exaclty played the class of the NHL themselves, but on Saturday they showed exactly how they can win the cup. The Sens stormed them for 40 minutes, and all they did was fall back on Marty and hang around and hang around. Any time a team dominates the play but fails to emerge the next period with a lead, it is in deep trouble. I see game 5 playing out very similar to game 4, The Sens will come out emotionally charged and will play desperate hockey again. All the Devils have to do to win is just hang around until that adrenylin wears off, then the Sens will be truely cooked. Ottawa could, and probably would win tomorrow if they approached it like a chess match, by playing in the words of John Madden "stupid hockey" and just letting their superior skill make the difference in the long run. But I don't think they'll do that, I think that the home crowd in Ottawa will actually work against them.

Devils in 5.

I want the Devs to win in 6 for a variety of reasons.

WHAT? Is someone smoking crack?

Why would anyone ever want it to go longer then need be, risking injury and potential loss. I couldnt give a rats patootie how anyone justifies it. Devs need to finish this dangerous team off A.S.A.P.

Devs take it in 5 please, and give my heart/nerves/vocal chords a rest till game 1 of the SCF.

Most people are assuming this series is over. I can't wait til the Devils end it. I have great faith they will.

Just take the Record article on Alfredsson today. They made a great point, everybody that they needed to perform in this series has done nothing and their captain is taking dumb penalties that result in two goals and not caring enough to prevent a 2 on 0 while on the power play. Let's face it, if Ottawa's captain has that little energy, who else is going to care? Alfredsson lost the game for the Sens yesterday - if it wasn't for his puerile moves it would have been 2-2 and anybody's game. But no. If he's so frustrated that he's doing that dumb Eurowussy punch-you-in-the-face-then-skate-away bullsh!t then who is to say the entire rest of the team won't follow him. I hope McKenzie, Marshall, and possibly Stevenson give these punks what they deserve. Let's win the game in goals and defend our stars in punches. C'mon, Alfredsson is cross-checking our guys left and right, let's step up to the plate and hope he does. Oh wait sorry we have and he's backed down. Jesus I'm getting myself worked up again, we try to defend ourselves after they cheapshot us and skate away and they won't even square off like real men. Bunch of fakes. Let's take 'em in 5 and make sure they're crying.

I am not worried. The Sens, while dangerous - remaind me of the Pens in the 2001 ECF. They had the guns - but the Devils just sucked the life out of them.

I see a similar result tonight. If the Devils get the first goal......and Marty comes up big in the first............I see the "constrictor" Devils winning.

There is no way that the Sens can beat the Devils 3 tiimes in a row. I understand that the Sens are a scary team and that makes some hesitant. However, the Sens really rely on their opposition beating themselves and the Devils just do not do that. Stanley cups are not won on paper and the Sens have too may wussy Euros and not enough experienced veterans. Factor in the fact that Lalime isn't worthy to hold Broduer's jock and this series is as good as over.

Game 5 will be tough because the Sens are at home, but this series will be done in 6 tops.

Until we have 4 victories against this Sens team, I'm happy about nothing.

This team is entirely capable of putting in 3+ goals in each of the next 3 games. Are the Devils?

This team scares me mor ethan any other team in the league. As far as I'm concerened theseries is even. Every game is a must win.

There is no way that the Sens can beat the Devils 3 tiimes in a row.

Uh, I beleive that happened during the reg. season. I know its a different animal now but I'm sure Colo. St. L and Van. fans were saying the same things---and those were worse teams on paper that came back (excpet maybe StL.).

Besides, smothering a talented Ottawa team 4 straight games will send a message to the Ducks and put the fear of the Devil in them.

Ottawa is capable.. we have held Havlat, Hossa, and Alfredsson off the board all series. That won't continue.

I don't think they have the maturity though. You listen to the way they're speaking, they're already talking about a Game 6 or Game 7. That's a mistake, in my opinion.

The Devils have been outplayed in Game 2 and 4 and came out with wins there. That's what makes me think the Senators are capable of a comeback. But I'm not worried about it unless they win big tonight.