Appreciation Post!!!!

NJDF

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably happy!!!! Here are my list of thank you's:

Thank you Langer for being the most underrated player in the NHL.

Thank you Madden for being the hardest working player in the NHL.

Thank you Stevens for being the BEST!!!!

Thank you Friesen for ANOTHER GW goal.

Thank you Pando for the best seven games of your life.

Thank you Marshall....you get the unsung player award no goals but you were our offense for most of the game.

Thank you Albelin forplaying way betterthan anyone on the board gave you credit for.

Thank you Marty for being MARITN BRODEUR...THE BEST GOALIE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NHL!!!!

THANK YOU LOU FOR BEING THE GREATEST GM IN ALL OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS!!!!

I LOVE THE DEVILS!!!

THANK YOU DEVILS!!!

GO DEVILS!!

It has taken a lot to get me moved this season (with all that has gone on with me), but damn, thanks boys!!

This has been so much fun, and I admit, I was in full doubt "Damn, they're gonna blow it" mode when Ottawa tied it up, but damn, they can keep proving me wrong FOUR MORE TIMES!!

Thanks God for keeping me on the rock and letting me see Scotty lift the Prince of Wales Trophy (and if you don't mind me asking, please let him lift the other one ;)

theres nothing better than coming off a hard day of work, not knowing how the third period turn out, with the first thing you see on tv is a pat burns interview with him actually smiling!

GOOOOOOOOOOO DEVILS!!!

GOOOOOO NETS!!!

JERSEY REPRESENT 2003

Thank You Devils.....once agian you have found the way to win.

I must say that I had my doubts after the Bonk goal but you came through.

Look at tonights goal scorers: Lags, Friesen. Marshall with some great passes. Does anyone doubt that we have the greatest GM in Sports. Period.

Marty didn't have his best game but he came up huge when we neeed him to.

Go Devils pluck the Ducks; And make ABCESPNDIsney squirm.

Way to go boysss!

Way to hang in there during a lot of Sens pressure.

I really wish Gomez buried one of his chances.

And Grant Marshall, what a pass, Frieser, what a move. Thank you thank you all for our happiness.

I'm so glad you started this thread, because I definitely have something to say about this team.

Tonight they showed above all other games why I never lost faith in this team, and why I could never get very down even after a loss (and why I didn't come to this board after a loss because of all the crazy negativity!!!). This may be one of the all-time greatest HEART TEAMS that has ever been. So what that other teams have more skill, bigger names, bigger payrolls. SO WHAT!!!! NO ONE - and I mean NO ONE can even come close to the Character, the Courage, the Heart, the Chemistry, the Hard Work, the Concept of Team - that this New Jersey Devils team has in abundance.

If ever there was any doubt in anyone's mind about what this TEAM is capable of, tonight should blow it away. I hope everyone saw the post-game interviews on MSG. That just blew me away. And for Nieuwy to say that he's never been more proud of a team than this one says a lot, because I know how he felt about the '99 Dallas Stars and all they went through. But I know he meant what he said about this year's team and how they all have supported each other, like tonight.

And Burns - just when you think the guy is all stoic, and all business, he's the one to tell Nieuwy not to worry, that he would play again, and then he gave them a speech after the first period, to win it for their injured teammates. And he's the one who got all emotional behind the bench to pump up the team and let them know he was behind them and believing in them when the whole building was against them.

Awesome, awesome team - the 2003 New Jersey Devils. And yes, they will be the 2003 Stanley Cup Champions!

Thank You Martin Brodeur for playing through all the garbedge; self inflicted yes, but he did his job like a real pro.

Thank you Jay Pandolfo for stepping up when we needed you the most. No Game winning goals, but all 4 (yes 4) were huge, and his goal in game 4 probably saved the series. I will never complain about your lack of offense again, what you did for us this series was worth a career of 9 goal seasons.

Thank you Jamie Langenbrunner for proving that you don't disappear when the going gets tough, proving you don't need Joe Nieuwendyk to succeed, and for proving that Dallas messed up big time in trading you.

Thank you Jeff Friesen for composing yourself like a true professional after your turnover early in the third. That's what experience is all about.

Thank you Grant Marshall for always finding a way to get the job done. Game winning goal against Tampa and a Game winning assist against Ottawa is not a coincidence.

Thank you Pascal Rheaume for killing penalties, playing superb defense, and being content with a limited role. When injuries have popped up at the center position, you've made Lou look like a genius.

Thank you Niedermayer and Rafalski for being your usual stellar selves, in this year of unsung heros, we sometimes forget the sung heroes, you guys log monster minutes and are the heart of what makes this team so deadly.

Thank you Tommy Albelin for being the minuteman, always at the ready! You suffered the indignity of being placed on waivers; had to constantly sit on the bench, and at the age of 36 how many guys would have just called it a career? You've been huge in the playoffs, the fact that you aren't really noticed is testament to your effectiveness. Great job.

Thank you Joe Niewendyk for providing some emotional motivation. What better rallying call than "Win one for Joey!"

Last and MOST IMPORTANTLY: Thank you Scott Stevens for leading this team in it's darkest hour in these playoffs. Down a goal in the Corel center, with 20,000 cheering against you, Joe Niewendyk in the dressing room, and having blown a 3-1 series lead, 29 other Captains would have folded, tossed in the towel and called it a night. The Devils are blessed with the one that doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. Your brilliant leadership inspires this group to overacheive night after night.

Here's my appreciation:

First off on a personal note I have two other sports teams (Jets and Mets) that could not possibly dream of the success the Devils have had. :lol: So from that standpoint I definitely appreciate three trips to the Finals in four years and two Cups, going for three in the last decade. Plus in 2001 and before that I didn't have the money to go myself to these games, now I do at least have enough to splurge for the last two rounds; I'm glad the team got back again so soon; now I'll have a chance to see at least two and with any luck three Finals games :)

Now as for the team itself:

Thank you Lou for being the best GM in professional sports. I am one customer that appreciates winning, no ifs ands or buts.

Thank you Pat Burns for finding a way to squeeze the absolute most out of this team that let's be fair is probably the least talented Devils team of all the teams that have gone to the Finals; 108 points was more than I and everyone else dreamed of before the season, and even this postseason run has gone at least one step farther than I thought going into the postseason.

Thank you Marty for putting your off-ice issues aside and having a superb playoffs, and a huge thank you for the career you have had and will have.

Thank you Scotty for being a rock, not only on defense but in the locker room. A lot of teams would have folded losing two in a row against Ottawa and falling behind early in Game 7 on the road a man down. But Scotty's leadership is a big reason we didn't panic. And Scotty's defense is a big reason Hossa, Alfreddson and Havlat combined for one measly goal (a puck Havlat didn't even hit into the net).

I could go on and on forever with a thank you for each player but I'll make this quick now ;) Thank you to the rest of the team as well who contributed, in some cases with great two-way play, in some cases with timely goals, in some cases with physical and/or gritty play, in most cases with great defense, and in some cases (the bench players) for not complaining when being scratched.

This is a great TEAM, with miles and miles of heart. I couldn't be prouder of this team right now if the Ottawa series was for the Cup. It's always wonderful to win but it's that much more meaningful when you see the effort and heart that this team has shown under some trying circumstances (all the talk before the season about who we lost and didn't keep, all the talk during the season how the Devils weren't good enough, during the postseason how the Devils weren't entertaining enough, yadda yadda yadda) get rewarded.