Game 2 GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

I thought the crowd sounded great on tv. To those mentioning Phoenix, there is also a sh!t ton of Wings fans at the game. It honestly looks way worse than a Rangers-Devils game at our place.

Not even close. What the heck did they just throw??

i mean - it's just not possible. the top guys are already getting too much ice time as it is. rolston had 9 minutes tonight, for example.

please make it 4

Edited by cubanjd305

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it weren't for that absolutely atrocious too many men call at the beginning of the game on the flyers, i'd start to think conspiracy. they were just that awful. hopefully they never ref again in the playoffs.

It was perhaps the worst officiated playoff game I've ever seen, and I'm not saying that for effect or exagerration. It was that bad. Even a Flyer fan I was talking to on the bathroom line agreed the calls were awful and they were lucky to be in the game.

It's pretty close. It's just harder to tell unless the Wings score cause a good majority of wings fans have their white jerseys on as well.

A wings fan threw an octopus on the ice. It's one of their traditions.

Octopus fetus cause it was tiny.

I don't hear Red Wings chants above the rest of the crowd, when we played h in that series against the Rags a couple years back it was really as if every game was at MSG

let Rolston kill with McAmmond, then. I can't believe I just said that

you're giving away a bit in the faceoff circle doing this. mcammond is probably a 42% faceoff winner on the PK. i wouldn't mind it - watching niedermayer float around out there is just the worst - but it's not a big difference either way.

Section 212 had a lot of action where I was. After the Flyers took a 2-1 lead, a devil fan unsuccessfully threw a beer at an irritating Flyer fan, but hit the devil fan directly in front of him. The Devil fan that had beer poured on him turned around and blamed the group of rowdy flyer fans at the top of the section. The guards than decided to take the flyer fan that the beer was intended to hit. Eventually the guards came back for the real perpetrator, but the guy who threw the beer wouldn't fess up, and for some reason the guy's buddy took the blame. It was a very confusing series of events, but entertaining none the less.

Here's another one: after the devils scored their 2nd goal, some drunk devils fan lost control of his legs and fell on top the fans in front of him.

Anyway, crazy game!!!

I'm normally very quiet, but I had my share of heated arguments with some of those flyer fans on our way out.

Besides the battle of the fans, I thought the Devils had a very impressive game. I really thought the Devils were done after going down 2-1. I mean they even had to battle the worst called game of the postseason so far. I lost count how many powerplays the Flyers had. The Devils battled through more adversity than I've seen them face over the past few post seasons, and came out on top. Thats what I find to be the most impressive about this win.

Edited by The Facepainter

I'm feeling a little ballsy today so I'll make a prediction...

Devils take this one in OT. 4-3 Final, Zubrus nets the winner.

Glad that's out of my system.

...How are everyone's beards?!

Props on the partial prediction there jpuck. Zubes making it 4-3 with the GWG. nice. :thumbsup:

Be sure to bring it if yer feelin another!!!

I'm keeping my POB trimmed this year ... in the shape of a down pointed trident!!! I'll have to pic it and put it in the picture thread, unless we have some beard thread I aint seen yet.

Facepainter : That is crazy! Sucks a Dev fan douched another Dev fan. You gotta be sure with yer shot in those situations!! That was WAY too early in the game to be drunkfiring!!

Edited by Masked Fan

I tune in when the game was tied 3-3. After Kovalchuk missed the 2-on-1, I was pissed. The more remarkable about this victory was how they battled down low late in the game in order to protect the lead instead of sitting back. Carry this momentum and I think the Devils could easily sweep the 2 games in Philly.

That was NOT NJ style hockey.. good hard fought win but please do not play like that again.. 8 pp for phily ??? are you trying to give the game away? I wasnt impressed with the play tonight, more like run'n'gun type hockey not what NJ plays. hell of a game by ZP.

I wanted to watch the replay before commenting about the officiating because I was beyond livid while at the game. That penalty on Clarkson was beyond pathetic. I understand he caught skate but he got the puck simultaneously. Poor call imo. After watching the game I would say 4 out of the 7 penalties against NJ were garbage. Kovi's "elbow" The penalties on Greene (yeah he got his stick up on the first one but it still seemed weak to me) and Clarkson's "trip" of course. Either way, if you're gonna call that garbage, make it fair on both sides. Parise being mugged by Richards and Boucher, Zubrus being hooked on the game winning play. The list goes on. The refs flat out sucked tonight.

The Devils played a nice game but they did allow a few too many good scoring chances for my liking. My stomach was in knots in that third period. Thank God Zubrus, Elias and Parise went into beast mode late in the 3rd. That goal was pure magic.

Imo Brodeur turned this game around. He made some outstanding saves tonight, especially that partial odd man rush save in the middle of the third. I thought we were toast at that point but he stood tall. It must have really pissed off that fvcker in my section posing as a Devils fan. He sh!t talked Marty in the first period and then bolted to the exits with his Flyer fan buddy immediately after the Devils went up 4-3. I mean this guy didn't cheer anything but had the nerve to wear an Elias jersey.

Edited by Sickman

The TSN feed made a really good point. On that GWG Jacques finally found a way to put the top guys out against Philly's 3rd D-pairing, Bartulis and Parent. With Pronger near 30 min again it takes some heads up play to make it. Good line-matching. I think the Devils lines are finally working out, though they really need to work on the 3rd line.

While it may have stood out there because of the goal, Jacques has been doing his best to get either of the Devils top 2 lines out there against that pairing for the past 2 games. Whenever it has happened it has resulted in a dominating shift by the Devils. Laviolette has recognized this and its part of the reason that Pronger is playing 28 minute a game and Timonen is playing 25. When they get to Philly its going to be much harder to accomplish, but with our top lines used to playing 2 minutes a night each, Jacques should be able to force Laviolette into playing his top D pairs far too often.

Meanwhile our d is rotating at about 20 a night for everyone. There is no overuse going on like we saw for much of the regular season. It will be interesting to see how much this may change on the road.

You know, I had a feeling that we were going to win this one. Because, everytime I'm watching a Devils game I'm wearing a Devils jersey of course, but last night I decided to rock my matching red bugs bunny boxers as well. And well...see the results! ;)

Not even close. What the heck did they just throw??

Could have been a snake if it was really small, its Pheonix's comeback to the stupid (yet traditional) Octopus.

It must have really pissed off that fvcker in my section posing as a Devils fan. He sh!t talked Marty in the first period and then bolted to the exits with his Flyer fan buddy immediately after the Devils went up 4-3. I mean this guy didn't cheer anything but had the nerve to wear an Elias jersey.

Looks like you attended a game with LucifersDog.

That was a huge game, it should do a lot for the confidence of the team.

Philly are a dirty bunch of F**kers dont be suppridsed if we are about to take the series and Pronger just wipes out Parise. They are after him. When Richards mounted parise i wanted to jump down the internet and kick his ass.

It was good to see later in the game Parise Take Pronger to the boards and knock the F**ker down, but in true Flyers style he just cheats and ties up his stick between his legs. If my stick got stuck there when pronger got up he wouldnt have any testicles.

If we can take that sort of intensity into the next game and cut down on the sillly mistakes we can get this done.

Congrats to Kovy on his first playoff win, thats the sort of memory that stay with you for the rest of your life and hopfully during your end of season contract negotiations ;)

Good for Kovy on all levels. The Devils just aren't winning this series without big contributions from him.

Yeah whoops guess they missed that little stat. At least that wasn't as bad as having to watch the Flyers' feed tonight... All I heard about in their postgame show was how great Giroux is and how he was the best player on either team tonight. Oh, and Colin White should have gotten a game misconduct and Boucher is the best goalie ever. lol @ Bill Clement.

They were obsessed with Kovy during the game.

I just checked the boxscore and saw that Paul Martin had by far the least amount of shorthanded icetime of our defensmen. That confuses me a little because Martin is one of our best penalty killers. Did Lemaire just want to get the freshest d-men out there for the pk (Martin led our defensemen in even strength icetime)? Or does he not trust him enough after his injury to let him play more pk?

That was NOT NJ style hockey.. good hard fought win but please do not play like that again.. 8 pp for phily ??? are you trying to give the game away? I wasnt impressed with the play tonight, more like run'n'gun type hockey not what NJ plays. hell of a game by ZP.

please stop talking

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil