Report: Mike Keenan interested in Devils' coaching job

insanity_gallops

more drama than Lou and NJ would ever want - i can't see the sense in this. it's another temporary move which just doesn't make sense.

it's why a guy like maclean or a haviland does - you're setting them up for at least 3 years. keenan lasts 2 tops. now that's also because he's usually called in to fix bad teams and they don't get much better but still.

more drama than Lou and NJ would ever want - i can't see the sense in this. it's another temporary move which just doesn't make sense.

it's why a guy like maclean or a haviland does - you're setting them up for at least 3 years. keenan lasts 2 tops. now that's also because he's usually called in to fix bad teams and they don't get much better but still.

Yea, if they insist on keeping some of the current players on this team than I'd say, why not. But if they plan to actually get some new blood in here than no way.

No thanks. Keenan is an even bigger hard-ass than Sutter, and we all know how well that worked. This team needs a coach that will keep the players accountable without losing their respect. Keenan has a penchant for rubbing players the wrong way, and certain players on this team have turned against their coaches for much less than what Keenan is known for.

The answer is Haviland. With JMac, I'm afraid you'll get another system guy who is just part of the oligarchy. At least Haviland will bring some of that Chicago style offensive aggression with him.

Of course he is. He's a dinosaur, why not try and go to one of the few teams still pretending it's the late 90s

Too bad the archives here only go back to 2004, because I distinctly remember the same type of comments about the Devils hiring Pat Burns. Fired twice before, a fossil, etc.

I don't know if Keenan would be any good. But I do know that going for "new blood" so to speak, won't necessarily get you anywhere either; Exhibit A being Sutter, Brent.

The Joke here is that this is making news on TSN or anywhere.

A former NHL Coach says he'd be interested... yippie! I'm sure there are alot of Coaching candidates interested.

The News that Devils Fans want to hear is WHO ARE THE DEVILS INTERESTED IN?

How does it make news the other way around?????

Keenan, get lost! Rangers, Flyers, Blackhawks, Blues, Canucks, Bruins, Panthers and Flames

Devils are not going to be added this long list. :horse:

"I'm interested in coaching, not just any possible job, but with somebody like Lou [Lamoriello], who has a lot of experience and continues to formulate strong teams, probably the best in the game" said JohnnyP.

Who else wants to throw their hat in the ring? Anybody else interested in being the Devils Coach next season?

"I'm interested in coaching, not just any possible job, but with somebody like Lou [Lamoriello], who has a lot of experience and continues to formulate strong teams, probably the best in the game" said JohnnyP.

Who else wants to throw their hat in the ring? Anybody else interested in being the Devils Coach next season?

You beat me to it... Was going to make the same post, substituting "msweet" for "JohnnyP" of course.

Too bad the archives here only go back to 2004, because I distinctly remember the same type of comments about the Devils hiring Pat Burns. Fired twice before, a fossil, etc.

Keenan's been fired like eight times lmao, and he hasn't had any real success in fifteen years as a head coach. Burns had won coach of the year twice recently before being hired by the Devils.

That's the answer! Let's hire a coach who has had every major player on every team he has ever been a part of, hate him. Something bad will happen. His name is synonymous with controversy. Just what we need.

Edited by ben00rs

That's the answer! Let's hire a coach who has had every major player on every team he has ever been a part of, hate him. Something bad will happen. His name is synonymous with controversy. Just what we need.

Chill out, it doesn't say the Devils are interested in him, just the other way around. I can't see Lou even thinking about this.

Chill out, it doesn't say the Devils are interested in him, just the other way around. I can't see Lou even thinking about this.

I don't need to chill. The Devils will not even consider him. I was sarcastically responding to a silly article. Look back and try to sense the sarcasm.

Edited by ben00rs

come on people it's the ny post like really?

Well, to be fair, it was the Post (and (N)Єverson in particular, IIRC) that totally called Sutter's departure way before anyone else while we all sat here and said, "It's the Post ... ain't happenin'"

That said, Keenan can want this job til the cows come home. As long as Lou is here, Keenan won't be.

Well, to be fair, it was the Post (and (N)Єverson in particular, IIRC) that totally called Sutter's departure way before anyone else while we all sat here and said, "It's the Post ... ain't happenin'"

That said, Keenan can want this job til the cows come home. As long as Lou is here, Keenan won't be.

Well to me, it's like Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate). The only reason they get by is because people remember the hits and forget the misses...