New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

at this point, im fed up. I love him as a player, he put fans in the seats, but now that cold, calm rationality has taken over, i can see the drawbacks of signing kovy.

awesome player, awesome person, but the depth chart is brutal at left wing, and I think all of us agree that zach is the face of our organization, and zach and kovy do not work.

but i can see the business aspect of this. Heck, we threw our hats out there the first time he scored!! He'll put fans in the seats, and that is the way you run a business.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG reported that whatever offer out there is a 'reasonable offer'.

it is not obvious that kovalchuk does not want to play in NJ. it is obvious that kovalchuk would prefer to play in LA.

EXACTY.. time to move on Kovy does not want to play here, and I donot not want himn here just becuase we were the only choice.. LL should drop the offer and move on.

at this point, im fed up. I love him as a player, he put fans in the seats, but now that cold, calm rationality has taken over, i can see the drawbacks of signing kovy.

awesome player, awesome person, but the depth chart is brutal at left wing, and I think all of us agree that zach is the face of our organization, and zach and kovy do not work.

but i can see the business aspect of this. Heck, we threw our hats out there the first time he scored!! He'll put fans in the seats, and that is the way you run a business.

It's not his fault, his wife told him to play LW.

I'm ... sort of bored...

Well ... this immediately made me want to post the "There are some who call me ......... Tim?" clip, but when I YouTubed it I saw this one on the sidebar. As a good little NJDevs poster, I felt it was my duty to our French friend to post this one instead.

The worse thing about losing him is we lost so much to get him, and now we walk away with nothing which kind of sucks. To say oh we have Arnott back does not sell me. I just hope Lou has something up his sleeve to replace him.

EXACTY.. time to move on Kovy does not want to play here, and I donot not want himn here just becuase we were the only choice.. LL should drop the offer and move on.

this is the opposite of what i said. what i said is that NJ isn't kovalchuk's first choice, but do you think that all free agents play for their top choice? saying that new jersey isn't ilya's first choice doesn't mean he doesn't want to play here.

Edited by Triumph

this is the opposite of what i said. what i said is that NJ isn't kovalchuk's first choice, but do you think that all free agents play for their top choice? saying that new jersey isn't ilya's first choice doesn't mean he doesn't want to play here.

We don't know for certain how serious he is in wanting to play in New Jersey either. New Jersey is one of the few teams with the cap space and interest in Kovalchuk. The more teams he could potentially go to, the more he drives up his cost going to LA. Personally I think Kovalchuk has no use for New Jersey's system for the rest of his career. He loves to score goals and I'm not sure he completely bought into the defense first policy. He has seen Chicago and Pittsburgh win championships with more even balance, I think he figures he can do that in LA.

We don't know for certain how serious he is in wanting to play in New Jersey either. New Jersey is one of the few teams with the cap space and interest in Kovalchuk. The more teams he could potentially go to, the more he drives up his cost going to LA. Personally I think Kovalchuk has no use for New Jersey's system for the rest of his career. He loves to score goals and I'm not sure he completely bought into the defense first policy. He has seen Chicago and Pittsburgh win championships with more even balance, I think he figures he can do that in LA.

1: new jersey doesn't have the cap space for kovalchuk.

2: of course he didn't buy into the defense-first policy. nor did he buy into the team concept by overstaying shifts. but i don't think either are a large concern for either party. if kovalchuk wants to win, get paid what he thinks he deserves, and not change his game one bit, those are pretty much impossible demands.

3: he's not poring over HF to see who's more likely to win a championship. both teams are poised to be winners down the line. at bottom, and with little evidence besides hearsay, it makes sense to conclude that the dispute is largely over money, with LA unwilling to go overboard for him.

Edited by Triumph

1: new jersey doesn't have the cap space for kovalchuk.

2: of course he didn't buy into the defense-first policy. nor did he buy into the team concept by overstaying shifts. but i don't think either are a large concern for either party. if kovalchuk wants to win, get paid what he thinks he deserves, and not change his game one bit, those are pretty much impossible demands.

3: he's not poring over HF to see who's more likely to win a championship. both teams are poised to be winners down the line. at bottom, and with little evidence besides hearsay, it makes sense to conclude that the dispute is largely over money, with LA unwilling to go overboard for him.

1.) New Jersey did have cap space when first start negotiating with him and made it clear that they would move bodies to make it work.

2.) Kovalchuk wants to win, he also wants to win on his terms. New Jersey certainly won't be his terms.

3.) You don't need to visit HF to see the young talent LA has. I usually just watch them on tv, maybe that's just me. I guess you could say every team who makes the playof are "poised" to contend. I'm certainly not as confident in this team as I was in the past. Too much dead weight passengers.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

amazing. any other sport ( or if it was a team in canada) this would get so much press

ESPN would but the reason ESPN doesn't cover hockey is...well because they don't have hockey on their sh!tty network. They only report the sports they put on.

Here's the Kovy thread from Let's Go Kings. They're on the 67th page of their third Kovalchuk thread, fwiw laugh.gif

3rd thread. giggle.gif That's just funny!

This rain is ridiculous.

There needs to be more wind, thunder, and lightning!

So, now the Hurricanes & Tampa Bay are involved??? whistling.gif

LET'S GO ILYA!!!!!!!! Make a deal with the Devils!!!!!!!!! banana.gif

ESPN would but the reason ESPN doesn't cover hockey is...well because they don't have hockey on their sh!tty network. They only report the sports they put on.

Even when ESPN aired hockey games they gave it sh!tty coverage and little to no SportsCenter time...so that isn't true.

Edited by ben00rs

ESPN is to sports as MTV is to music. They play what they want you to think is cool or popular. For example, there is no way that WNBA/College Womens Basketball is as exciting/entertaining/popular as the NHL in America, but there are way more WNBA/College Basketball highlights on sports center than there are NHL.

Similarly, MTV shoves what is the sonic equavilant of prison rape into your ears like ALEJANDRO and I WANT TO BE A BILLIONARE when there is no possible way these are among the best recent musical releases.

Edited by Eltab213

Similarly, MTV shoves what is the sonic equavilant of prison rape into your ears like ALEJANDRO and I WANT TO BE A BILLIONARE when there is no possible way these are among the best recent musical releases.

When did MTV start playing music? Also there is a big difference between what's popular and what's actually good - lest you forget what the most popular sport in our country is

Hockey is one of the most intense, athletic, skilled, well rounded sport in the world. It's fast paced and highly entertaining. I can't understand why people don't find it as exciting as I do. It boggles my mind that baseball and soccer are more popular.

Soccer and baseball just kill me. Baseball is too long and boring and soccer... soccer is skilled no question but it's too many 1-0 games and the utter lack of anything exciting that really get to me. In hockey you can make a comeback 3-0 with 3 minutes left. It's difficult and rare but doable. Soccer... 2-0 with 5 minutes left is a loss for the losing team.

Anyway, back to Kovy... Sign with the dang Kings already and end this drama. Please.

Scoops

Hockey is one of the most intense, athletic, skilled, well rounded sport in the world. It's fast paced and highly entertaining. I can't understand why people don't find it as exciting as I do. It boggles my mind that baseball and soccer are more popular. Soccer and baseball just kill me. Baseball is too long and boring and soccer... soccer is skilled no question but it's too many 1-0 games and the utter lack of anything exciting that really get to me. In hockey you can make a comeback 3-0 with 3 minutes left. It's difficult and rare but doable. Soccer... 2-0 with 5 minutes left is a loss for the losing team. Anyway, back to Kovy... Sign with the dang Kings already and end this drama. Please. Scoops

I totally agree with you even if I think that soccer is still a kind of a thrilling game in its own way,when its 1-0 and you have been watching the whole game you can see that this 1-0 lead is not something that came just like that.The two teams kind of work hard to get that goal and have to show a lot of talent.

Take USA vs Algeria for example:the game had been very boring from a neutral point of view but still if you were an American supporter you would be so thrilled and on the edge of you seat till the very end because of the empty nets that the team missed all match long and finally they score in the last minutes of the game.

And also Hockey is not a game that all the continents can watch or even afford to play.On the opposites soccer can be loved really easily since its a game that you can play whatever the place you are.

Similarly, MTV shoves what is the sonic equavilant of prison rape into your ears

I dare anyone to watch "My super sweet 16" without wanting to kill someone within 45 seconds.

seriously the fact that channel promotes and perpetuates every known stereotype about EVERYONE is freaking disappointing. then you have mindless idiots trying to imitate and be those arseclowns from every TV show on that network makes you really wonder where our country is going to be in a few years. its no wonder to me why half the freaking world hates us when you have spoiled brats crying cause their $100k car isnt the right color, a fat douchebag getting paid to be obnoxious because rather than check his drivers license MTV signed on a 30+ year old, and fully grown oompa-loopas carrying on with their spoiled, over privileged lives when 90% of the world wants to walk right up and punch half of that cast in the face. :argh: :argh: