GDT: Devils @ Blackhawks (8:30PM EDT)

Marshall

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should interview Colin WHite. Colin, you are a terrible hockey player. your injury effects your physical toughness, you're a traffic cone and you have more goals deflect off of you then you score in a season.

He did deflect that one goal but the last few games he's be laying people out...He's been throwing guys down every chance he gets. What are you watching?

He did deflect that one goal but the last few games he's be laying people out...He's been throwing guys down every chance he gets. What are you watching?

Both goals he was directly responsible for tonight was positioning and getting caught flatfooted. The first goal was not a matter of bad luck alone. He was positioned body/face first at the goalie and stick down on the ice, blade facing where the puck was coming from which improves your odds greatly of deflecting the puck in by accident. You're almost like another attacker.

He was also in the same position on the second goal, but that was just a matter of him standing still and flatfooted and not directing the puck in himself.

Just like goalies, defensemen need some luck to keep the puck out of the net. The first 7-8 games, the devils were a mess offensively and defensively. Both sides of their game have been really shaping up since the Ducks game. Problem has been that they weren't generating enough quality scoring chances to be scoring consistently. Every Defense is going to make mistakes or get the unlucky bounce go against them. The lack of scoring has made us pinpoint every mistake defensively this team has made.

Obviously there is something wrong when you give up 6-7 goals, but like I said before, the past four games the Devils have been making less mistakes defensively.

Today was the first time I felt like they were going to find a way to score, and I think it was mainly because of the quality of scoring chances they were getting.

Anyway that was really the first game I've seen them fight through some real adversity. I hope a two game win streak will get this team rolling.

Whoa, wait a second. The devils won tonight?

Oh but I just read Broduer is hurt lol seriously all I can do is LOL at this year. Guess it wasn't a win after all.

It was just a bruise- they took X-rays and they were negative. He's fine. He said he'll probably play on Friday.

I was just kiddin', by the way, NJDevs4978. Why'd you change your handle?

I wanted to take my real name out of it for a while but I was too lazy to ask. Because my screename was the same as my e-mail address I didn't really want someone to do a random search and find I had 15,000+ posts here, among other reasons. Or have my name quoted on something dopey I write in case some random blog or newspaper article quotes the message board like when we first moved to Newark with one of Mitico's posts winding up in the paper. I kept everything else so people 'here' wouldn't get confused.

And I knew you were being sarcastic about my sarcasm/negativity vis-a-vis the Brodeur injury :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978