New goal song

Vic Rattlehead18

Who else noticed the new goal song? Played for the 4th goal song. Had the same tempo and beat. Lyrics I noticed were "This is our house". I noticed a few fans looking around in confusion (most notably a fan that was having fun pointing to Saber fans during you suck). I didn't really like the song. It reminds me of the Rangers since they tend to chant that when they play here and win...

Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else noticed the new goal song? Played for the 4th goal song. Had the same tempo and beat. Lyrics I noticed were "This is our house". I noticed a few fans looking around in confusion (most notably a fan that was having fun pointing to Saber fans during you suck). I didn't really like the song. It reminds me of the Rangers since they tend to chant that when they play here and win...

Thoughts?

Eh, it was not bad but not great. I guess they decided to experiment with it on that fourth goal. Perhaps the Devils do not want the "hey, you suck" chant as they do not want to appear to disrespect other fans? Could also be they just want a change of pace.

um .. ...

we have no place yelling 'you suck' at anybody ...

...that is all .....

I was thinking that exactly after the third goal...and then after the fourth goal they played the new one.

Anyone able to put a title on it? I had no idea. I just heard it was different.

I was thinking that exactly after the third goal...and then after the fourth goal they played the new one.

Anyone able to put a title on it? I had no idea. I just heard it was different.

"This is Our House" - Bon Jovi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSM_DVrIF1w

At this point a goal song means nothing if the team does not score goals and WIN games. Could care less WTF the goal song is right now. Just want to win some games. I did hear though that the Devils organization does not want the "You Suck" anymore. They have been looking and trying to find a new goal song for years and this is an ongoing thing. They tried the new goal song last night and we shall see if it stays or they go back to the "Hey" song for now. But in the near future I could see the Devils organization getting rid of the "Hey" song totally.

lol, people were threatening to burn the arena in effigy if we didn't bring back R and R a few years earlier, now it's good riddance time. Just goes to show what the bells and whistles mean, as much as people rant and rave about them (the intro song, the Devils Army stuff, etc)

It makes sense that they don't want a you suck song while we suck, because the fans ARE already chanting 'we suck' to it.