Devils Supporters Section Update - waiting to hear back by 6:30pm

Satans Hockey

Hey everyone I received a call back from one of the higher ups in the Devils today, he said he thinks it's a great idea and that it's definitely something the arena needs on gamedays. He is going to talk to his staff and work on figuring out what to do next and then he's going to give me a call back when they get that figured out. Should be 3 to 4 days.

In the mean time I think this would be a great time to get working on some chants/songs thrown out there so we are somewhat on the same page for that kind of stuff.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touching on the current goal song and the rangers suck chants...

For the goal song, I always thought it should be HEY YOU SUCK then (goalie) SUCKS! example:

Hey you suck! Hey you suck! Hey you suck! Carey Price Sucks! Carey Price Sucks! (or Henrik Sucks, or Miller Sucks, etc..)

Equally, my theory for the Ranger sucks chants should be: Rangers suck! (opposing team) Swallows! It's usually flyers swallow. But this is the only thing I think is silly. I could care less if we aren't playing the rangers. And possibly Gomez swallows can stay during ranger games? And sutter for flames games, although that might not be for another 2 years.

how about after someone scores we chant they're name for a good bit and transition into a LGD chant.

we'd have to do different chants for different names though

zach pa-ri-se *clap clap clapclapclap*

dai-nus zu-brus *clap clap clapclapclap*

da-vid clark-son *clap clap clapclapclap*

lang-en-brun-ner *clap clap clapclapclap*

or

langer! langer! langer!

ted-en-by! ted-en-by! ted-en-by!

or if moose is doing really good we can chant "MOOSE IS LOOSE!"

and also i like the "If you know the Rangers suck clap your hands" when "If you're happy and you know it" starts playing.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I'm partial to "You can't do that!" *clap clap clap clap clap* when the other team takes a penalty.

We could also do ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh like at college basketball games when the other team has the puck in our zone. (Yeah, this is just at the top of my head since I've gone to a bunch of Wake basketball games in the past few weeks).

Ok here's my suggestion:

I don't know how they make the line up @ Prudential Center, but here's what we do:

Every player that hits the ice through the "Tiger Cage" (as we are called the ice tigers...like the sharks with their big shark mouth) will be called on by the PA with his first name, and we as the fans shout his last name...

like this: PA: # 17 ILYA....Fans: Kovalchuk!

And for a song, i thought of:

We are red, black and white, we are jersey's dynamite! ;)

and:

Let's go out tonight, and see the red, black, white

yeeah, Devils Army on the way!

(to the rythm of CCR)

I don't know about the chants during the game.Saw some good Ideas

But why not just take a song that already exists (needs a good search) and just make it as our song.

The fans would sing it before the game begins and in the final moment of the game.

I know its not really the best thing to show an example that is coming from soccer but its not like something like this happened before in the NHL (At least I think)

This is the Liverpool fans singing "You'll never walk alone".They actually took this song that already exist and they made it as their anthem.

The idea worked so well...if you zoom a little bit on any image of the Liverpool crest you will realize that they decided to put "You'll never walk alone" in it.

Please.. no "Ranger Sucks" chants

unless we are playing the Rangers

I'd like to add: only if the Devils are WINNING.

Any injuries for opposing teams, "Let her die let her die let her diiiiiiiiiiiiiie. Let her die let her dieeee let her diiiiiiiiiiiiieeee. Let her die let her die let her die, let her die, LET! HER! DIE!"

"you are my devils!

my only devils!

you make me happy, when skies are grey!

you'll never know just, how much we love you!

so don't take, my Devils away!

[incohearant yelling to the tune of the 1st voice]

repeat"

I'm partial to "You can't do that!" *clap clap clap clap clap* when the other team takes a penalty.

I think this is funny as hell. Hell yes.

Would it be in bad taste to do the old school ECW, "HO-LY sh!t, HO-LY sh!t" chant when someone does something awesome?

Prudential Center rules don't allow cussing....

Sans the verses, I think this song should be used for either highlights or for the Devils Dancers...

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

Any injuries for opposing teams, "Let her die let her die let her diiiiiiiiiiiiiie. Let her die let her dieeee let her diiiiiiiiiiiiieeee. Let her die let her die let her die, let her die, LET! HER! DIE!"

I hope you're not serious.

I haven't come up with anything too good yet other than that we could possibly rhyme New Jersey with victory in some lyrics.

Ok here's my suggestion:

I don't know how they make the line up @ Prudential Center, but here's what we do:

Every player that hits the ice through the "Tiger Cage" (as we are called the ice tigers...like the sharks with their big shark mouth) will be called on by the PA with his first name, and we as the fans shout his last name...

like this: PA: # 17 ILYA....Fans: Kovalchuk!

And for a song, i thought of:

We are red, black and white, we are jersey's dynamite! ;)

and:

Let's go out tonight, and see the red, black, white

yeeah, Devils Army on the way!

(to the rythm of CCR)

quoting because I like this idea