Zdeno Chara Hits Max Pacioretty

thefiestygoat

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a lot worse than alot of so called "head shots" that the league is trying to crack down on...which are really clean hits where at the last split second some contact is made with the head

The puck was way past Chara and Pacioretty, and Chara decided to ram Pacioretty's head into the divider...he could've taken him out a lot sooner but decided to deliberately take him out right where it would cause the most damage. Never liked Chara, he's always been a cocky bully his entire career. Wouldn't mind seeing somebody take him out one day.

Good grief! Did that kid ever open his eyes?

tsn.com has an english clip and they said in it that he did open his eyes...

Pretty pathetic.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Canadiens+stifle+Bruins+brutal+mars+game/4406234/story.html#ixzz1G4PHVHMa

"He was taken from the ice on a gurney with his head and neck stabilized. He was taken to hospital for observation, but the Canadiens said he was alert and had full use of his limbs."

Edited by NJDevsRock

of course Habs fans want the cops after Chara and suspension for life etc etc...

IMO Chara really wanted to get him good and squeeze him to buy time for his defender to get the puck before max but got unlucky and caught the worst spot

ignorants will all say... HE KNEW the glass was there and still pushed him there... those people obviously never played sports... its so easy to say when youre watching the replay but on the ice its super fast and you take split seconds decision... that one was a bad one but im sure Chara didnt want to nail the guy directly in the post

of course Habs fans want the cops after Chara and suspension for life etc etc...IMO Chara really wanted to get him good and squeeze him to buy time for his defender to get the puck before max but got unlucky and caught the worst spotignorants will all say... HE KNEW the glass was there and still pushed him there... those people obviously never played sports... its so easy to say when youre watching the replay but on the ice its super fast and you take split seconds decision... that one was a bad one but im sure Chara didnt want to nail the guy directly in the post

Dude I know you're not in love with the Habs fans (neither am I) but it was already at least 2 second that Pacioretty had lost possession of the puck so why that hit especially when he is not even completely coming from the side.

Edited by SS-SS

Bad hit, but it doesnt seem like a headhunting move. Its unfortunate and I am going to give Chara the benefit of the doubt on this one. Should've let up, but its possible his momentum wouldnt allow for it considering how damn big he is.

Suspend him a few games, but its hardly a McSorley or Bertuzzi.

I hope Pacioretty's alright.

The scumbag knew exactly what he was doing. Chara didn't just hit him at an unfortunate moment when he was vulnerable. He hit him cleanly, but then pinned him and rode him along the boards - all long after the puck was gone. But don't forget, suspending him would hurt Greg Campbell's playoff chances. I bet we see Chara on the ice Thursday night. Campbell will take his time making any kind of ruling. Chara seems to get away with suspendable offenses, like hitting people after the game is over. Since Chara has a history with Pacioretty, I don't think this was an accident.

The NHL needs Donald Audette back, that little fvcker would've made Chara's face look like Guy Boucher's.

That was possibly the most horrific collision I ever saw that didn't draw blood....I actually freaked out at the bar when I saw it..... I was actually thinking he broke his neck the way he hit that post......

I'm on the fence whether it was deliberate but it DAMN SURE was careless....

Kevin Weekes was KILLING this hit on the NHL Network......he better get some games just for the recklessness of it......

How is 2 games for Chara OK and 3 for Vasyunov Volchenkov. The minute his head is driven into the glass it's a critical error in judgement that needs to be addressed! It may be accidental but it's NOT a clean hit. You can't make excuses -- that's the whole point. It cannot be zero tolerance for one team and These things happen for another! Bruins are in the playoff so it's no great shakes to give the guy 4 games. If a player has to keep his head up or get hit then a fvcking player making the hit has to DO THE SAME! If keeping your head down is deserving of brutal punishment slamming a guys head into the edge of the glass snapping his head back is deserving of the same punishment. I HATE DOUBLE STANDARDS!

:rant:

Edited by Pepperkorn