Doc to announce Penguins games?

MadDog2020

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc's not a homer enough douchebag to work on the Penguins broadcast network.....

....thought least I might actually be able to watch a Pens game without throwing up in my mouth......

....leaving the Devils with Chico and the Troll as the team here would be harsh though.....

C'mon....Its because Langenbrunner left heh ??? He can't say Langenbrunnarian !!!

No really I hope we can keep him cuz this would really be bad to watch Devils hockey and not hear Doc :(

Edited by SS-SS

You know it's a long shot when even the guy writing the article doesn't think too much of the rumor.

This line near the end got me, though:

"This is far from a done deal. Emrick is 64. He might not want to relocate, or he might choose to not work for any team and just do his network chores."

Relocation isn't necessarily the issue; we learned within the past year or two that he lives in Michigan most of the time and flies to wherever the team is to call games. The big thing is that with the new TV contract, there will be far more games he could potentially call for NBC and Versus. I wouldn't blame him in the least if he decided to trade in his Devils workload for increased national exposure. After all, he already misses how many Devils games a year because of his network commitments?

IF Doc left and Cangialosi is given the job full-time, we'll have the two worst play-by-play guys in the sport on both radio and TV. Great.

Toward the end of this season there was something like 10 games where Cangialosi was replacing Doc and I got to say that it was not really the greatest commentating I heard.

Toward the end of this season there was something like 10 games where Cangialosi was replacing Doc and I got to say that it was not really the greatest commentating I heard.

Yeah, he sucks. I couldn't deal with "SHAT SCARR"! full-time. Problem is, I wouldn't even be able to mute the TV and listen to the radio call because Matt Loughlin is even worse. :lol:

Edited by MadDog2020

Or imagine if we somehow pick up the penguins commentators :blink: . Noooo thank you, that guy is one of the most biased one sided dumb sounding broadcaster in sports.. next to the guy who calls Yankee games, and the guy who does Sabres games.

Or imagine if we somehow pick up the penguins commentators :blink: . Noooo thank you, that guy is one of the most biased one sided dumb sounding broadcaster in sports.. next to the guy who calls Yankee games, and the guy who does Sabres games.

"Vanek top shelf where Momma hides the cookies!!!"

The thing I like most about Doc is his underhanded comments.. Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but he is soooooo good at sneaking in little jabs at other teams.. I wish I could recall a particular time when he did this, but they are so quick and good that it's sometimes hard to catch.. I do know he is especially good at doing this to the Flyers and Rangers though.. Always seems to have his A game for those

Yeah, he sucks. I couldn't deal with "SHAT SCARR"! full-time. Problem is, I wouldn't even be able to mute the TV and listen to the radio call because Matt Loughlin is even worse. :lol:

LMFAO I AM LITERALLY LAUGHING MY ASS OFF. I can hear it in my head "SHAT SCAR". lol and it's usually because he's talking about something stupid and he's 2 seconds behind the play. hahahahaha

He had one of my all-time favorite calls when Brad May scored in overtime in 93 or 94 ("MAY DAY!!! MAY DAY!!! BRAD MAY!!!") but man, nowadays he treats any goal like it just won the Stanley Cup.

I also used to love "La-la-la-la-la-fontaine!"

Edited by Devil Dan 56

On the upside though the Pens announcers would make us all feel a bit more delusionally confident by constantly singin the praises of guys like Adam Mair and Anssi Salmela.