Lines when Zajac returns and when Josefson returns?

USC09

So, the Devils look to be close to full health, here is how the lines should be:

With Zajac returning:

Parise Zajac Tedenby

Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Sestito Carter Janssen

Extras: Palmieri, Boulton

With Zajac and Josefson:

Parise Zajac Clarkson

Kovalchuk Josefson Henrique

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Tedenby Carter Janssen/Palmieri

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the Devils look to be close to full health, here is how the lines should be:

With Zajac returning:

Parise Zajac Tedenby

Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Sestito Carter Janssen

With Zajac and Josefson:

Parise Zajac Clarkson

Kovalchuk Josefson Henrique

Zubrus Elias Sykora

Tedenby Carter Janssen/Palmieri

Why split Henrique and Parise? They have obvious chemistry, a lot more so than Henrique and Kovy. And whilst I like Tedenby, he has not earned to play #1 RW.

With Zajac and Josefson:

Parise Henrique Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

Tedenby Josefson Clarkson

Sestito Carter Sykora

Extras: Palmieri, Boulton, Janssen

Sykora on 4th line? Really? I would do this:

Parise - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora

Zubrus - Josefson - Clarkson

Tedenby - Carter - Palmieri / Boulton / Janssen

it's gonna be until at least after Xmas, i'd think, that zajac gets top 6 minutes.

what i expect friday night:

parise-henrique-kovalchuck

sykora-elias-clarkson

tedenby-zajac-zubrus

boulton-carter-palmieri

zubrus and clarkson might be swapped and boulton will no doubt move up to take tedenby's spot when deboer sees him blink incorrectly.

Edited by sundstrom

it's gonna be until at least after Xmas, i'd think, that zajac gets top 6 minutes.

what i expect friday night:

parise-henrique-kovalchuck

sykora-elias-clarkson

tedenby-zajac-zubrus

boulton-carter-palmieri

zubrus and clarkson might be swapped and boulton will no doubt move up to take tedenby's spot when deboer sees him blink incorrectly.

Expecting Janssen to be out of the lineup is not something I would bet on. I think Sestito might be in the lineup instead of Boulton.

Parise - Zajac - Henrique

Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora

Zubrus - Josefson - Clarkson

Tedenby - Carter - Palmieri / Boulton / Janssen

I feel the most comfortable with this line up. I wonder what Parise could do with both Zajac and Henrique - guy's he has shown great chemistry with.

I do worry about our 3rd line though for scoring purposes... Hopefully Josefson can add some kick to it to make it work.

The Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk line should remain intact until it proves it shouldn't anymore. I'd move Elias back to the wing and put Zajac between Elias and Zubrus/Clarkson.

I'd rather go the Burns route; playing multiple combo's for different games or even during the same game... then to play a line until it fails to produce.

you shouldnt expect Zajac to be a 3rd line center with 3rd line guys. won't happen.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Henrique

Parise - Elias - Sykora

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

Carter - Zubrus - Janssen

EX - Palmieri/Sestito

But for now

Parise - Elias - Sykora

Tedenby - Zubrus - Clarkson

Palmieri - Carter - Janssen

you shouldnt expect Zajac to be a 3rd line center with 3rd line guys. won't happen.

Parise - Elias - Sykora

EX - Palmieri/Sestito

But for now

Parise - Elias - Sykora

what? those lines are not what i want to see lol

Parise - Elias - Sykora

EX - Palmieri/Sestito

But for now

Parise - Elias - Sykora

DeBoer has already said that Zajac is going to be eased back into the lineup. I think as long as the top two lines are doing their thing, Zajac will be left on a '3rd line'. It's really the bottom 6 of the Devils that are getting smashed - Zajac could help that immensely.

Parise - Elias - Sykora

EX - Palmieri/Sestito

But for now

Parise - Elias - Sykora

No way Zajac goes straight to the top line after coming back from surgery. We don't know what he's capable of yet and it might have an adverse impact on what are proving to be two solid lines.

I think the devs have three top lines and a fourth line that can roll.

Parise-Zajac-Henrique

Kovalchuk-JJ-Clarkson

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Tedenby-Carter-Palmieri

Extras: Boulton/Janssen

I think in games where protection is needed, boulton and janssen play, else we roll four scoring lines

Defensemen - we know Urbom/Tao go AHL, so we have

Tallinder-Fayne

Volchenkov-Green

Salvador-Larsson

Extras: Foster

I am not sure if DeBoer is comfortable with Tao, but I'd love to see Tao up here and Larsson in the AHL for a few games. If the decision is made to keep Tao up, then i think one of Salvador/Larsson are sent down, most likely Larsson.

Edited by Anhkheg

Right now, I'm not all for breaking up lines that work... For Friday when Zajac comes back (and Volch too)

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Tedenby-Zajac-Zubrus

Boulton-Carter-Palmieri

Volchenkov-Larsson

Tallinder-Fayne

Foster-Salvador

When Josefson comes back and EVERYONE is healthy:

Parise-Elias-Henrique

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus

Sykora-Josefson-Clarkson

Tedenby-Carter-Palmieri (Boulton)

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Fayne

Salvador (Foster, Taormina)-Larsson

To be honest... if Taormina plays well, I can see Lou trying to ship Greene somewhere.

Expecting Janssen to be out of the lineup is not something I would bet on. I think Sestito might be in the lineup instead of Boulton.

ses-TI-to in for boulton would be a surprise to me. boulton's moved up to the 3rd line. timmy's a center which we're getting back.

janssen over palmieri is a distinct possibility.

To be honest... if Taormina plays well, I can see Lou trying to ship Greene somewhere.

this would be very surprising to me. as we've seen, defenemen injuries cause a need for bodies pretty quick. besides, next year's team has a spot to fill with no salvador returning.

ses-TI-to in for boulton would be a surprise to me. boulton's moved up to the 3rd line. timmy's a center which we're getting back.

janssen over palmieri is a distinct possibility.

this would be very surprising to me. as we've seen, defenemen injuries cause a need for bodies pretty quick. besides, next year's team has a spot to fill with no salvador returning.

Do you think Lou would try to ship Salvador off to a team that may need him before the deadline?

Do you think Lou would try to ship Salvador off to a team that may need him before the deadline?

i don't think so. i think foster was lou's "5-6 defenseman at the deadline" acquisition this year (think odonnell, havelid, klee, and a host of others that are eminently forgettable).

when all are healthy, i think they see:

Tallinder-Fayne

Volchenkov-Salvador

Larsson-Greene

Foster

with Taormina and Urbom as understudies.

next year, Salvador and Foster are gone and Taormina and Urbom can duke it out with Burlon for the two spots.

Parise Zajac Henrique

Kovalchuk Elias Sykora

Zubrus Josefson Clarkson

Tedenby Carter Palmieri

thats a very deep and well balanced top 12 seriously

thats what i'd go for and would scratch boulton and Janssen for the rest of the season, they are ABSOLUTELLY USELESS, i don't care that they can fight, not that im against fighting but what its bringing to a game is useless to me (especially when you fight like 2 min in the game) then they bring energy? jesus christ we have Zach, you can't bring more energy than he is, and he can actually play.

also it leaves us with 3 good pairing for the OT Parise and Zajac always played well together, Elias and Kovalchuk worked well together more or less then Henrique and Josefson had real good chemistry in Albany, a bit risky to put 2 rookies out there... but do they really play like rookies?

let's just ignore the mess we have in defense for now and be happy about our offensive core :boogie: