The Pete Deboer Thread

Derlique

The new owners don't seem to know very much about hockey.  They do see a guy who has kept his job in a business where it's really hard to keep your job for more than 5-6 years who's done it for 26 years now.  They could've easily sounded more weaselly regarding Lou's future, but instead were saying things like 'In Lou We Trust'

The words tell the story that the Devils got a bit out of sync with their system.  The issues with the team we saw on Sunday can't be fixed by lineup changes.

They might not know much about hockey but they know failure and decay when they see it and they make changes to turn a profit.  It's time for Lou to step aside.  Great run with the Cups, forever grateful to him, but it's time to go and get fresh blood to build forward and make changes.  The "Devils" way as Lou called it is now long over and gone in this new NHL.  The constant coaching carousel, roster turnover, failure to cash in on assets before losing them for nothing, lack of player development, poor drafting, etc.  It's been existent since the 2005-2006 seasons in spades.

If the Devils miss the playoffs (and badly) for the third time in four years, there's going to be a change, whether it's called a "firing" or not.

They might not know much about hockey but they know failure and decay when they see it and they make changes to turn a profit.  It's time for Lou to step aside.  Great run with the Cups, forever grateful to him, but it's time to go and get fresh blood to build forward and make changes.  The "Devils" way as Lou called it is now long over and gone in this new NHL.  The constant coaching carousel, roster turnover, failure to cash in on assets before losing them for nothing, lack of player development, poor drafting, etc.  It's been existent since the 2005-2006 seasons in spades.

If the Devils miss the playoffs (and badly) for the third time in four years, there's going to be a change, whether it's called a "firing" or not.

You.  Are.  Projecting.

would really hate to agree with all of this.. but who knows. none of us know what is discussed behind closed doors or what is in the making back there. But something has got to be done if the team does not start finding ways to win games and the coaching staff is definently on the hot seat.

Cory Schneider playing tomorrow against the Rangers. DeBoer said he may make a couple roster changes too.

Per TG

I'm predicting Josefson in for Lokti for one change. Lokti has been pretty invisible this year. Maybe Fayne in for someone (Larsson as usual?).

I'm predicting Josefson in for Lokti for one change. Lokti has been pretty invisible this year. Maybe Fayne in for someone (Larsson as usual?).

Agree 100%. I would still probably put my faith in the kid one or two more games, but I can see Josefson taking his spot tomorrow. Fayne in for Harrold, maybe? Fayne's always seemed pretty solid in the Devils-Rangers games past few years.

I just don't get it. In what world was Harrold signed to be an everyday defenseman and not a 7th? My brain hurts.

Maybe Larsson and Fayne have bad attitudes.

I'd have a bad attitude if I had to watch a fringe NHLer (and I think I'm being nice by saying that) and a traffic cone on a nightly basis while I sat in the press box.

Edited by PWW
  • Like 1

Larsson is the only guy I dont want sitting for Fayne, not that Fayne is even an eighth as good as everyone on here talks him up to be. Fayne will always be that mediocre defensman who missed an empty net late in game 1 of the Cup finals. Anyway, is the trap back yet?

Edited by thecoffeecake

Larsson is the only guy I dont want sitting for Fayne, not that Fayne is even an eighth as good as everyone on here talks him up to be. Fayne will always be that mediocre defensman who missed an empty net late in game 1 of the Cup finals. Anyway, is the trap back yet?

NoDeBoer.gif

I would dance a jig.

its really gonna suck when Fayne bolts next year and we're still complaining about Sal and Volch, plus we dont have a first round pick, plus Schneider will probably leave after he's free, rendering our #9 pick useless and Larsson will most likely go home to Sweden after being bitch-slapped by DeBonehead